TTT to T14? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Wolverine21

New

TTT to T14?

Post by Wolverine21 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Hey everyone, I have been following the boards for a couple of months, but this is my first post. I attend a Tier 3 law school in the Midwest (Wayne State/ University of Akron/University of Toledo) and went to the University of California-Berkley for my undergraduate career. I scored a 155 on the LSAT and had a 3.6 undergraduate GPA.

I was fortunate enough to earn a 3.90 GPA my first semester in law school placing me (2/xxx) in the class (top 1%) and obtained the CALI Award in Legal Writing. A lot of the students here are telling me that I should look into transferring to a T14 school. I didn't think that type of jump was possible until I heard from a student that his brother went here three years ago, ended up fourth in his 1L class and transferred to the University of Michigan law school.

I was wondering "what my chances are?" Would it be realistic to pepper Columbia, NYU, Michigan, Georgetown, etc? Should I even be looking into transferring? I do like the New York City Area (and big law), so presumably I was thinking Fordham? Thanks in advance for your help, it is appreciated.

A'nold

Gold

Re: TTT to T14?

Post by A'nold » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:37 pm

I would say you are a given at Michigan if you go to Wayne State. They always nab the top students from MI schools.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”