Official Georgetown EA thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bigred87
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:25 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby bigred87 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Called earlier this week, and was told that decisions won't be sent out till the middle of May. I asked if that was when decisions were mailed in years past, and she said yes. What do you guys think?

XM3045
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby XM3045 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:53 pm

bigred87 wrote:Called earlier this week, and was told that decisions won't be sent out till the middle of May. I asked if that was when decisions were mailed in years past, and she said yes. What do you guys think?


Someone else said the ad office said this a couple of weeks ago. I sent an email and they said by early May but it generally is before that. I really don't see how it could take 8 weeks to look at 1 semester worth of grades. I thought the whole point of EA was to hear back before you would start applying as a transfer to other schools.

I still think the auto admits/denies are going to start next week.

bigred87
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:25 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby bigred87 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:04 pm

it seems like most of the other law schools have deadlines in the summer-ish for transfer apps, but does anyone know if they usually make transfer decisions on a rolling basis, and the earlier you apply the better?

puke006
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby puke006 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:17 pm

Has anyone prepped a Chicago ED app? I think they're due the 28th or so of April, I hope we get GULC back before that, cus Chicago is binding...

stinger35
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby stinger35 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:26 pm

puke006 wrote:Has anyone prepped a Chicago ED app? I think they're due the 28th or so of April, I hope we get GULC back before that, cus Chicago is binding...


I sent one in day of - I'd rather go there. Still, I just realized they probably give out a maximum of 50-65 acceptances (I am aiming high both for my own optimism and because I have to believe that a large number of people who apply end up going to a top3 over Chicago). Of those, there are probably only a very small number of ED's. Who knows though, maybe there are less ED applicants because of the binding nature and top3 allure. Thats what I am hoping for at least.

JR00576
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:17 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby JR00576 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:30 pm

Anyone think we have a good shot of hearing back next week? This suspense is KILLING me! :shock:

gulceatransfer
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:49 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby gulceatransfer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Nope. Not going to be next week either I'm afraid. Better start reading those outlines, just in case we don't hear until after finals and its not good news!

newyorker69
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby newyorker69 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:40 pm

I think it may actually be better that we dont know until after finals (to prevent complacency), however, my excitement doesnt care!!

LW2010
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:36 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby LW2010 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:56 pm

.
Last edited by LW2010 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

XM3045
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby XM3045 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:59 pm

LW2010 wrote:Chicago's deadline for ED is April 30, and that is binding.


I may be off base and really don't know that much about Chi. ED, but I thought that Chi. specifically let people ED at GULC as well. Do I have that wrong?

I still think there is a chance it will be next week. Who knows though. I'm actually a little tired of waiting, and waiting....

Journeybound
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Journeybound » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:07 pm

I also think that decisions will be next week. I'm guessing that the first batch goes out on Thursday! I need to find out so that I stop checking that stupid status checker. Do you think that they keep a count on how many times we check it?

facelessman
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:40 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby facelessman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:05 am

I agree that knowing now could hurt my motivation, but it's to the point now that I wake up and check the status, do it at lunch, dinner, and then maybe at bed time. That would be on a good day where I'm not thinking much about it. I would rather know now that I didn't get in than get accepted in a month. What's so hard about looking at a few hundred apps and picking a few auto-admits?!? I'd be glad to help Gtown out with the process :)

Seriously, though, I'm guessing next week.

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:37 am

No way its next week, but I hope I am wrong

Wooster33
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Wooster33 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:38 am

I'm SURE GULC will send out the first round of acceptances at some point next week to deter the top of the top from potentially binding themselves to Chicago.


This makes no sense. Once the Chicago decision is sent it is binding on the applicant. Do you think the GULC EA kids are going to withdraw at UCHI as soon as they get their decision? Of course not. There is no incentive to do so, GULC EA is not binding.

JR00576
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:17 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby JR00576 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:16 am

Wooster33 wrote:
I'm SURE GULC will send out the first round of acceptances at some point next week to deter the top of the top from potentially binding themselves to Chicago.


This makes no sense. Once the Chicago decision is sent it is binding on the applicant. Do you think the GULC EA kids are going to withdraw at UCHI as soon as they get their decision? Of course not. There is no incentive to do so, GULC EA is not binding.


Actually, it makes a lot of sense. GULC wants everyone to pay them a deposit before they hear back from UCHI. Therefore, they have an incentive to get their decisions out first.

thegrandinquisitor
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby thegrandinquisitor » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:44 am

..
Last edited by thegrandinquisitor on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JR00576
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:17 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby JR00576 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:54 am

thegrandinquisitor wrote:
JR00576 wrote:
Wooster33 wrote:
I'm SURE GULC will send out the first round of acceptances at some point next week to deter the top of the top from potentially binding themselves to Chicago.


This makes no sense. Once the Chicago decision is sent it is binding on the applicant. Do you think the GULC EA kids are going to withdraw at UCHI as soon as they get their decision? Of course not. There is no incentive to do so, GULC EA is not binding.


Actually, it makes a lot of sense. GULC wants everyone to pay them a deposit before they hear back from UCHI. Therefore, they have an incentive to get their decisions out first.


C'mon. How many GULC EA'ers do you think also get into Chicago ED? Maybe 3? I'm not saying they won't get the decisions out before Chicago ED, but I don't think that this game theory first-shot sort of thought is going to drive them to do anything.


LOL, you're probably right, just trying to delude myself into thinking the decisions will come back soon!

whereisirene
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:35 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby whereisirene » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:41 pm

I really wish if some of you don't spread rumor as if those were from the definite source, like gtown per se. I don't mean to discourage educated guess or speculation. We all are nervous to hear bak and sometimes become guillible.

Anyway, enough said. Per phone conversation with gtown admissions last week, admission committee is finally reviewing transfer ea, and the decision will be rendered at traditional mailing date. When I asked her "there had been speculation among fellow transfer applicants that the decision date will be delayed this year" she laughed at me. She asked me where do we hear these rumors, and not to believe them."

I do not know exactly when we will hear back. However it seems like decision date will not be significantly different from previous round.

If you guys hear otherwise from admissions, let us all know. Otherwise, please don't make up things and speak as if it's the fact. I'm literally having heart attack because of things you say

plyersplyer
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby plyersplyer » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:05 pm

whereisirene wrote:I really wish if some of you don't spread rumor as if those were from the definite source, like gtown per se. I don't mean to discourage educated guess or speculation. We all are nervous to hear bak and sometimes become guillible.

Anyway, enough said. Per phone conversation with gtown admissions last week, admission committee is finally reviewing transfer ea, and the decision will be rendered at traditional mailing date. When I asked her "there had been speculation among fellow transfer applicants that the decision date will be delayed this year" she laughed at me. She asked me where do we hear these rumors, and not to believe them."

I do not know exactly when we will hear back. However it seems like decision date will not be significantly different from previous round.

If you guys hear otherwise from admissions, let us all know. Otherwise, please don't make up things and speak as if it's the fact. I'm literally having heart attack because of things you say


^ likes this ^

Journeybound
Posts: 254
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Journeybound » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Best news ever.

newyorker69
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby newyorker69 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:26 pm

woot!!! :D :mrgreen:

traydeuce
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby traydeuce » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Wait so when is the traditional mailing date? I'm sort of an auto-admit but I'd still feel a little better once I got the news.

JR00576
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:17 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby JR00576 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:29 am

According to last year's GULC EA transfer thread, people started going to "decision" at 12:01AM on Monday April 20th. If GULC is following the same timeline, that means our status checkers will change at midnight tonight! Anyone think this is a possibility?

XM3045
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby XM3045 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:34 am

I've been banging the April 19th drum for a while. But I think it could just as easily be the 26th. According to older threads and yahoo, it does seem like a monday at 1201 is the magic start time.

User avatar
Zeph
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Zeph » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:44 am

XM3045 wrote:I've been banging the April 19th drum for a while. But I think it could just as easily be the 26th. According to older threads and yahoo, it does seem like a Monday at 1201 is the magic start time.



So hypothetically if we go to decision at 12:00AM, that means we are either admitted or rejected? Or do deferrals go out as well?




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.