Official Georgetown EA thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby A'nold » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:32 am

kings84_wr wrote:Im so identifiable so I should probably keep my statements at a minimum. Anonymous function on this board would be very nice.

But theoretically, is GULC better then a t-30 with a half ride (potentially full) and flagship law review?


I would say no, especially if you are willing to stay in "that section of the country." But, the allure of GULC is great. :) You'll be going to Berk, so eh. 8)

User avatar
JackRyan2005
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:36 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby JackRyan2005 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone have an idea as to how long it takes GULC to give out decisions on the regular decision transfer apps? Or better yet, has anyone from the Regular Decision Pool heard anything yet?

Whether the news is good or bad I just want to know, I'm getting a little bit antsy over here, app was completed June 2.

Machine Spirit
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Machine Spirit » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:30 pm

JackRyan2005 wrote:Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone have an idea as to how long it takes GULC to give out decisions on the regular decision transfer apps? Or better yet, has anyone from the Regular Decision Pool heard anything yet?

Whether the news is good or bad I just want to know, I'm getting a little bit antsy over here, app was completed June 2.



I wouldn't be too worried. Meanwhile, my app is still incomplete, because one of my professors still hasn't given us our grades. So ya, my antsyness beats your ansyness.

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Just sent an e-mail today with an updated resume and unofficial copy of grades. My grades won't be "official" and sent out for at least a week and rank won't be available for at least 2 weeks. Hopefully they will get the ball rolling with what I sent in today similar to Berkeley.

I think us deferred folk will hear back first since they have already reviewed our package once, so once they get the grades it should be a quick yes or no.

User avatar
JackRyan2005
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:36 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby JackRyan2005 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Yeah I was a deferred EA as well, hope you're right, I sent them unofficial grades and rank via email as well (official copy sent from current school last week). They seemed ok with the unofficial copies, either way hope you're right and the turn around is quick, makes sense that it would be.

stinger35
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby stinger35 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Be sure to let us know whats going on, you "under review" people. I'm still at "application complete"...

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby thexfactor » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:17 pm

does anyone know if they look at rising trend from 1st semester to 2nd?

stinger35
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby stinger35 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:33 pm

thexfactor wrote:does anyone know if they look at rising trend from 1st semester to 2nd?


From what i have read in interviews, blogs, etc. with other admissions deans (not GULC in particular though), the answer seems to be a resounding no. But who knows really

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:07 pm

I am still "complete" but got an e-mail back saying they received my update and will add it to my file. I am taking this to mean that they will begin reviewing my app again and wait for the official copy to arrive.

stinger35
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby stinger35 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:09 pm

JPU wrote:I am still "complete" but got an e-mail back saying they received my update and will add it to my file. I am taking this to mean that they will begin reviewing my app again and wait for the official copy to arrive.


Not to be too paranoid...but when did you send your email? I sent one yesterday and still haven't heard anything.

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:32 pm

stinger35 wrote:
JPU wrote:I am still "complete" but got an e-mail back saying they received my update and will add it to my file. I am taking this to mean that they will begin reviewing my app again and wait for the official copy to arrive.


Not to be too paranoid...but when did you send your email? I sent one yesterday and still haven't heard anything.


I sent mine on Sat night ~6pm eastern.

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby thexfactor » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:06 pm

JPU wrote:
stinger35 wrote:
JPU wrote:I am still "complete" but got an e-mail back saying they received my update and will add it to my file. I am taking this to mean that they will begin reviewing my app again and wait for the official copy to arrive.


Not to be too paranoid...but when did you send your email? I sent one yesterday and still haven't heard anything.


I sent mine on Sat night ~6pm eastern.


I sent them an email with my updated transcript. I never received a confirmation.

stinger35
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby stinger35 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:53 pm

thexfactor wrote:
JPU wrote:
stinger35 wrote:
JPU wrote:I am still "complete" but got an e-mail back saying they received my update and will add it to my file. I am taking this to mean that they will begin reviewing my app again and wait for the official copy to arrive.


Not to be too paranoid...but when did you send your email? I sent one yesterday and still haven't heard anything.


I sent mine on Sat night ~6pm eastern.


I sent them an email with my updated transcript. I never received a confirmation.


Same here. I called about it and she said "I haven't received it yet. When we do, you will get a confirmation."

solidsnake
Posts: 531
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:08 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby solidsnake » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:11 pm

stinger35 wrote:
thexfactor wrote:
I sent them an email with my updated transcript. I never received a confirmation.


Same here. I called about it and she said "I haven't received it yet. When we do, you will get a confirmation."


I updated last week. Never received a confirmation email, but went "under review" on Friday. UChi, on the other hand, sent me a confirmation email after I updated their admissions office (My ED app was held to RD), yet have had absolutely no change in status thus far.

stinger35
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby stinger35 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:16 pm

solidsnake wrote:
stinger35 wrote:
thexfactor wrote:
I sent them an email with my updated transcript. I never received a confirmation.


Same here. I called about it and she said "I haven't received it yet. When we do, you will get a confirmation."


I updated last week. Never received a confirmation email, but went "under review" on Friday. UChi, on the other hand, sent me a confirmation email after I updated their admissions office (My ED app was held to RD), yet have had absolutely no change in status thus far.


+ 1

Never received a confirmation but just saw that I did go under review today. Wonder how long it will take to start hearing from these fools again?

lawschool7777
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby lawschool7777 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 pm

just in case non EA people were wondering...i sent in my app on june 8th (for the first time), and went under review this afternoon

stinger35
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby stinger35 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:28 pm

lawschool7777 wrote:just in case non EA people were wondering...i sent in my app on june 8th (for the first time), and went under review this afternoon


Hmm, maybe as early as this week?

User avatar
Lawl Shcool
Posts: 763
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Lawl Shcool » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Just checked, went under review today. It appears that GULC has the same policy as Berkeley re: using unofficial transcripts to review instead of waiting for the official copies.

User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Big Shrimpin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:52 pm

.
Last edited by Big Shrimpin on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bankhead
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Bankhead » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Big Shrimpin wrote:Does anybody think it would make a considerable difference to wait for something like an LOR (a really strong LOR) before sending a deferred EA app to review? I mean, its essentially a balance between rolling admissions and waiting for a complete (and potentially better) application. Depending on how many spots are available/how many are already "taken" but will be "given up" by those transferring higher than Gtown, would it make more sense to get the application in and reviewed now so as to take advantage of potentially more spots open now or to wait until the letter gets there (could be anywhere from a few days to a week or more) and possibly be considered against a lower number of spots.

Assume, for argument's sake, a high T1/ low T2 school, GPA juuuust outside top 10%. 8)


Well, when do they start making acceptances? I thought not until July.

lawschool7777
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby lawschool7777 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:48 pm

transfer apps has some data saying late june. but who knows.

User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Big Shrimpin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:49 pm

.
Last edited by Big Shrimpin on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bevo06
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Bevo06 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Under review (again)- just changed today.

lawschool7777
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby lawschool7777 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:00 pm

when you all applied EA..how long did u get a decision after u went under review?

Bankhead
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Postby Bankhead » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:11 pm

lawschool7777 wrote:when you all applied EA..how long did u get a decision after u went under review?


Just a few days. I wouldn't say that is representative of the regular decision, though.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.