Official Georgetown EA thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
apper123

Silver

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Post by apper123 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 pm

A'nold wrote:It sucks when I check my status and see "app received." I just know something went wrong. :shock:
call

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:56 am

A'nold wrote:Same thing happened to me and I am still on application received. I'm freaking out a little, tbh.
A'nold wrote:Man, I sent all of my stuff mid-to-late Feb. and I'm still not complete. I hope this doesn't mean that something went wrong. :(
A'nold wrote:It sucks when I check my status and see "app received." I just know something went wrong. :shock:

FREAKSHOW: take a fucking pill.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:41 am

solidsnake wrote:
A'nold wrote:Same thing happened to me and I am still on application received. I'm freaking out a little, tbh.
A'nold wrote:Man, I sent all of my stuff mid-to-late Feb. and I'm still not complete. I hope this doesn't mean that something went wrong. :(

FREAKSHOW: take a fucking pill.
I have no rebuttal.

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:55 am

It's cool. I'm just giving you shit. But seriously, try to chill out. We all have a long wait before transfer decisions and freaking out isn't going to do shit. I called gulc and as long as you submit prior to deadline, you're good. So have a beer.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:17 am

solidsnake wrote:It's cool. I'm just giving you shit. But seriously, try to chill out. We all have a long wait before transfer decisions and freaking out isn't going to do shit. I called gulc and as long as you submit prior to deadline, you're good. So have a beer.

Sometimes I have post diarhea and just post things b/c others say something and I want to agree/disagree like it is a conversation. One of those posts was enough and I had actually forgotten that I posted them. Me: :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:32 am

I've been pretty laid back throughout this process but decided to call today just to make sure they had everything. Apparently they have not yet received my transfer certification form. My school informed me that they sent it out on the 3rd. The extremely nice and helpful woman I spoke with told me not to worry because usually it takes about a week for things to get through their mailroom and up to them. But I suppose if its not there Monday I am screwed. Suggestions?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:12 pm

You want more evidence of the freakshow? I just checked my status and it said "application completed." I shook my head and started looking for GULC's phone number. Then I noticed the date. I was like, "wait, they must have updated something...." Haha, I am complete but I automatically assumed it just said "application received."

Wohoo! I'm complete. :D

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:14 pm

A'nold wrote:You want more evidence of the freakshow? I just checked my status and it said "application completed." I shook my head and started looking for GULC's phone number. Then I noticed the date. I was like, "wait, they must have updated something...." Haha, I am complete but I automatically assumed it just said "application received."

Wohoo! I'm complete. :D

lol grats man, i know im complete even though it says received but i have the urge to call and make sure anyway >_<

phishskier41

New

Post by phishskier41 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Stinger I am in the same situation my school assures me that they sent it, yet still not complete and only missing the transfer cert. Dealing with them over this during the school year is bad enough, I cannot imagine what it will be like applying to transfer schools over the summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:44 pm

I think they are getting a lot of stressed out calls, they told me that I would be complete on monday, I guess lsac took 2 weeks to send my LOR to GULC lol.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:06 pm

phishskier41 wrote:Stinger I am in the same situation my school assures me that they sent it, yet still not complete and only missing the transfer cert. Dealing with them over this during the school year is bad enough, I cannot imagine what it will be like applying to transfer schools over the summer.
God i didn't even think about that. Should be fun.

Crofton

New

Post by Crofton » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:59 am

submitted last night. 3.75 from GW. not sure if i would go, but want the options. i know people say top 10% + journal will get biglaw dc, but i am thinking more and more about philly or san fran/ l.a.

anyone have thoughts on how i might do in oci with regards to those latter cities if i stay at GW v. transfer?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Crofton wrote:submitted last night. 3.75 from GW. not sure if i would go, but want the options. i know people say top 10% + journal will get biglaw dc, but i am thinking more and more about philly or san fran/ l.a.

anyone have thoughts on how i might do in oci with regards to those latter cities if i stay at GW v. transfer?
This might just be me but I likely would not even apply to GULC if I were you. I would probably apply to all of the top 6 and be done with it and stay at GW, be in the top 10% and do LR.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JR00576

New

Post by JR00576 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:19 am

Hey all. Does anyone know how good you would have to do to be waitlisted because of yield protection, or if this is even something that happens in the transfer world? Thanks!

upgrade

Bronze

Post by upgrade » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:54 am

JR00576 wrote:Hey all. Does anyone know how good you would have to do to be waitlisted because of yield protection, or if this is even something that happens in the transfer world? Thanks!
What yield is there to protect? Acceptance percentage of transfer applicants isn't used by any ranking and I don't think the figure is even published by schools. Especially at GULC where they want $750-$1000 before most schools issue acceptances, they aren't going to be worried about admitting overqualified applicants.

Journeybound

Bronze

Post by Journeybound » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Crap, the deposit is $750 - $1000?

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Journeybound wrote:Crap, the deposit is $750 - $1000?
I think its a series of 250 dollars deposits. I didn't see anything official, but thats what I think i saw on the yahoo group.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:02 pm

just curious did most of you guys check full time or both? does applying to both help your chances?

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:42 am

While I probably had a better chance at PT, I have absolutely no desire to attend in that capacity, so I checked full time.

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:44 am

Just an FYI to those who saw my post last week about a letter of recommendation issue... I managed to get it all worked out this week and it arrived on time. Hooray. GL to everyone.

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:52 am

apper123 wrote:Just an FYI to those who saw my post last week about a letter of recommendation issue... I managed to get it all worked out this week and it arrived on time. Hooray. GL to everyone.
Damn more competit... :twisted: err i mean, I'm so happy for you! :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:26 am

apper123 wrote:Just an FYI to those who saw my post last week about a letter of recommendation issue... I managed to get it all worked out this week and it arrived on time. Hooray. GL to everyone.
Wohoo! I'm so relieved for you apper. :)

I am also curious about how much checking full or part time help an applicant's chances.

newyorker69

Bronze

Post by newyorker69 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:17 am

i figured if you leave yourself "open" for parttime, GULC may accept all the fulltime-only applicants and figure since you're open to parttime, they can use you to fill all their openings.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 am

newyorker69 wrote:i figured if you leave yourself "open" for parttime, GULC may accept all the fulltime-only applicants and figure since you're open to parttime, they can use you to fill all their openings.
That was a concern of mine but after viewing the transferapps database it just seemed like GULC has used a good faith effort in the past to place ft. students into the ft. program. Maybe they think it shows a great desire to attend. If you think about it, if a student applies to both programs AND does EA, he/she is basically telling you that you are a dream long shot school and that you REALLY want to attend. Just a thought.

newyorker69

Bronze

Post by newyorker69 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:38 am

A'nold wrote:
newyorker69 wrote:i figured if you leave yourself "open" for parttime, GULC may accept all the fulltime-only applicants and figure since you're open to parttime, they can use you to fill all their openings.
That was a concern of mine but after viewing the transferapps database it just seemed like GULC has used a good faith effort in the past to place ft. students into the ft. program. Maybe they think it shows a great desire to attend. If you think about it, if a student applies to both programs AND does EA, he/she is basically telling you that you are a dream long shot school and that you REALLY want to attend. Just a thought.
very good point. i just didnt want to take the chance of them putting me in parttime especially since im uprooting my wife as well

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”