Official Georgetown EA thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Journeybound

Bronze

Re: Official Georgetown EA thread

Post by Journeybound » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:47 pm

I have a quick question about how to refer to GULC in my PS. The first time that I use their name, I spell out Georgetown University Law Center. Afterwards I refer to them as Georgetown. Am I using their name correctly? Or should I refer to them as Georgetown University Law Center each time? Thanks!!

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:49 pm

I just used Georgetown Law. Hope that isn't a problem.

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:55 pm

Journeybound wrote:I have a quick question about how to refer to GULC in my PS. The first time that I use their name, I spell out Georgetown University Law Center. Afterwards I refer to them as Georgetown. Am I using their name correctly? Or should I refer to them as Georgetown University Law Center each time? Thanks!!
Thats how I did it. Georgetown University Law Center once then Georgetown after

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:05 am

Last edited by Big Shrimpin on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 am

A'nold wrote:Yeah, you guys are right. I would likely do the same thing if I were one of these people.

But you really think it is easy to drop? I've heard (and I think arrow has said before) that it is a lot harder to up your grades than it is to drop from the top. I believe arrow also said that people that got high grades the first semester generally get high grades the second. I am really trying to do even better this semester, hopefully we all can! :)
It's easy to not put in the effort, but if you do put in the effort my impression is that few to no high performers see the rug pulled out from under them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

newyorker69

Bronze

Post by newyorker69 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:45 am

newyorker69 wrote:Can you all check your LSAC pages because I want to make sure my account is not screwed up for the LSDAS reports

When you login to LSAC, on the top: Apply >> Report Status

How many days from LSAC's "Request Received" date from GULC did LSAC issue the report under "Report Date"?
Can anyone help out here?

Journeybound

Bronze

Post by Journeybound » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:00 am

Thanks. It sounds like there are a few ways to do it. I just want to make sure that I'm not doing something that everyone knows not to do.

xferAlt

New

Post by xferAlt » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:01 am

newyorker69 wrote:
newyorker69 wrote:Can you all check your LSAC pages because I want to make sure my account is not screwed up for the LSDAS reports

When you login to LSAC, on the top: Apply >> Report Status

How many days from LSAC's "Request Received" date from GULC did LSAC issue the report under "Report Date"?
Can anyone help out here?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:25 am

Journeybound wrote:I have a quick question about how to refer to GULC in my PS. The first time that I use their name, I spell out Georgetown University Law Center. Afterwards I refer to them as Georgetown. Am I using their name correctly? Or should I refer to them as Georgetown University Law Center each time? Thanks!!
This is basically what I did as well, IIRC.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

facelessman

New

Post by facelessman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:07 am

Newyorker - mine was requested and sent same day.

I'll echo the same comments about the high curves making it difficult to maintain a high GPA. The difference between an A and the first person to slip to a B+ is almost nothing. Most of my friends that got B+s all felt they did well in classes that i got an A. The range of people that get a B+ is too big.

Also, I am def going if I get into Gtown because that is where my family and sig other are located The seat deposit will be well spent :)

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:30 am

disco_barred wrote:
A'nold wrote:Yeah, you guys are right. I would likely do the same thing if I were one of these people.

But you really think it is easy to drop? I've heard (and I think arrow has said before) that it is a lot harder to up your grades than it is to drop from the top. I believe arrow also said that people that got high grades the first semester generally get high grades the second. I am really trying to do even better this semester, hopefully we all can! :)
It's easy to not put in the effort, but if you do put in the effort my impression is that few to no high performers see the rug pulled out from under them.
God I hope you are right. I have been freaking out lately about this. I feel like I am reading less cases/casenotes and fear that it will transfer to my grades. I want to do exactly what I did last time to succeed but I can't even remember what I did last time and really can't tell if I am studying less or more. At the same time, I feel like I am studying more efficiently because I didn't open my casebook even ONE time to study for exams.

Whats scary is just how easy it would be to slip from A's to B+'s. That being said, I did receive the highest overall grade in all of my "real" courses, so I have a little bit of room to drop and still get A's....right? hahaha

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:01 am

stinger35 wrote:
disco_barred wrote:

God I hope you are right. I have been freaking out lately about this. I feel like I am reading less cases/casenotes and fear that it will transfer to my grades. I want to do exactly what I did last time to succeed but I can't even remember what I did last time and really can't tell if I am studying less or more. At the same time, I feel like I am studying more efficiently because I didn't open my casebook even ONE time to study for exams.

Whats scary is just how easy it would be to slip from A's to B+'s. That being said, I did receive the highest overall grade in all of my "real" courses, so I have a little bit of room to drop and still get A's....right? hahaha
It's almost scary how nearly 100 % identical our thought processes have been. I went through this EXACT line of thought earlier today. I think we'll be fine. We are just paranoid now because we have something to lose.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:07 am

stinger35 wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
A'nold wrote:

It's almost scary how nearly 100 % identical our thought processes have been. I went through this EXACT line of thought earlier today. I think we'll be fine. We are just paranoid now because we have something to lose.

Haha, I was about to say that stinger and I are TLS twins, but I'll add you to the list as well. I have this thought about once every 5 minutes or so, maybe even less. I was actually going to comment that I can't even freaking remember what I did last semester and that I have also been more efficient at pulling out what I need to get from the casebook.....at least I hope so!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:07 am

Just submitted on LSAC, how long till I go complete? I don't remember how all this went last year applying to schools.

I guess in the theme of the thread:

T4
1/xxx

Kind of scarred with all the posters on here with great stats. Good luck to all.

JR00576

New

Post by JR00576 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:35 am

Hey All. I was just wondering if anyone had a guess as to how many EA applicants get in as transfers? If they accept 200+ overall, how many of those are EA? Thanks!

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:47 pm

A'nold wrote:
stinger35 wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
A'nold wrote:

Haha, I was about to say that stinger and I are TLS twins, but I'll add you to the list as well. I have this thought about once every 5 minutes or so, maybe even less. I was actually going to comment that I can't even freaking remember what I did last semester and that I have also been more efficient at pulling out what I need to get from the casebook.....at least I hope so!

I guess it helps knowing I'm not the only one freaking out. I think the same thing though, that I forgot how to take exams. I am thinking about going and seeing my professors to read my last semester exams soon to see how I wrote them. I wish there were some kind of stats to put us at ease that those who do well first semester usually repeat it.

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:12 pm

Well, I just sent it with LORs so hopefully everything gets in on time... Best of luck guys.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:09 pm

Sent two weeks ago and not complete....worry?

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:12 pm

A'nold wrote:Sent two weeks ago and not complete....worry?
Im not either. I think they are pretty slow.

xferAlt

New

Post by xferAlt » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:53 pm

kings84_wr wrote:
Im not worrying [strike]either.[/strike] I think they are pretty slow.

JR00576

New

Post by JR00576 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:41 pm

Hey All. People keep saying that the posters this cycle are really competitive. But I just looked at last year's thread and it seems that the people then were really competitive as well. Do you think there is really any difference this year? Thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:55 pm

JR00576 wrote:Hey All. People keep saying that the posters this cycle are really competitive. But I just looked at last year's thread and it seems that the people then were really competitive as well. Do you think there is really any difference this year? Thanks!

I think its this site to be honest. It seems to create opinions of cut throat competition, inadequacy, incompitence, and any other negative/stressful word you can think of. If it is meant to be, then its meant to be. We all worked our butts off and if we get in awesome, but don't worry about the process that much. Focus on getting better grades or maintaining your GPA.

(PS im not criticizing you but people get nervous very easily on this site and lose sight of a lot of things)

With that said, good luck to you all!

bkthunder

Bronze

Post by bkthunder » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:45 am

I would say no not yet...took me about 3 weeks. You could always give them a call (if you haven't already) to confirm that individual items are there

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:56 pm

bkthunder wrote:
I would say no not yet...took me about 3 weeks. You could always give them a call (if you haven't already) to confirm that individual items are there
So what happens if all the items are there, but not processed by the 15th? I am screwed?

johndoe

New

Post by johndoe » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:18 pm

I think law school is way more of a crapshoot than people give it credit for, and it's very easy to regress to the mean. Best to strike when the iron's hot. But, hey, I've only completed one semester myself so what do I know?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”