Transfer Chances Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Smitty4860

New

Transfer Chances

Post by Smitty4860 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:37 pm

I'm in the 43 percentile (2.83 GPA) after the first semester at Northern Kentucky University (T4). Nothing special.

Looking to transfer to the University of Louisville (T3) either 2L fall or spring.

The school says they prefer top 25%. However, I've also heard that top 50% might be enough.

Any ideas on anything I can be doing (besides studying) to help my chances?

What do you think my chances are?

patrickd139

Gold

Re: Transfer Chances

Post by patrickd139 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Smitty4860 wrote:I'm in the 43 percentile (2.83 GPA) after the first semester at Northern Kentucky University (T4). Nothing special.

Looking to transfer to the University of Louisville (T3) either 2L fall or spring.

The school says they prefer top 25%. However, I've also heard that top 50% might be enough.

Any ideas on anything I can be doing (besides studying) to help my chances?

What do you think my chances are?
1) Why do you want to transfer? Transferring from T4 to T3 is pretty rare absent personal reasons or geographical preference. Since both schools are in the northern part of the state, they should bring you fairly similar job prospects upon graduation.
2) As far as your chances go, there's not going to be a lot of data at your price-point. If you've heard 50% might be enough, my guess is that 50% might be enough. You can always call the admissions office at Louisville to find out.
3) Advice about improving your chances is going to be the same for any incoming 1L: study smart and study hard. There is a wealth of information about how people have taken different approaches to do so and done well at their respective schools. Re: transferring, think really long and hard about why you want to transfer and then put that down in words. This would be your personal statement to send along with your application, and might be your best shot at convincing Louisville to take you as a transfer.

GL!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”