IOWA 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
dt22
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby dt22 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:37 am

so i really like some sections better than others (haven't gotten my schedule)....what if we get one that we kinda hate....? u think they'd let us switch still? i know, should've requested it early...

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby Slimpee » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:47 am

dt22 wrote:so i really like some sections better than others (haven't gotten my schedule)....what if we get one that we kinda hate....? u think they'd let us switch still? i know, should've requested it early...


How do you know which section you like?

User avatar
dt22
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby dt22 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:23 am

Slimpee wrote:
dt22 wrote:so i really like some sections better than others (haven't gotten my schedule)....what if we get one that we kinda hate....? u think they'd let us switch still? i know, should've requested it early...


How do you know which section you like?



cause i may or may not have looked at the courses summary and may or may not have outlined each section for myself to see what a week's schedule looks like for each............................anal? yes. don't judge me.

also, what's "College of Law Academic Achievement Program" on ICON's course list mean?

User avatar
dt22
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby dt22 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:25 am

dt22 wrote:also, what's "College of Law Academic Achievement Program" on ICON's course list mean?



nm...http://www.law.uiowa.edu/academics/acad ... vement.php

hawkeye22
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby hawkeye22 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:49 am

jaskat wrote:Lol, that's a great video!

P.S. Yacht, you're going to have to show me where the starbucks is...


Its right downtown across the river. Some of the local coffee houses are better, though.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby traehekat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:14 pm

hawkeye22 wrote:
jaskat wrote:Lol, that's a great video!

P.S. Yacht, you're going to have to show me where the starbucks is...


Its right downtown across the river. Some of the local coffee houses are better, though.


Corner of Burlington and Clinton, I think. I haven't been to any of the local coffee houses, though. I definitely want to check out the downtown area more when I get down there so if anyone is ever up for lunch or something feel free to let me know.

Also, I received an email saying the information in the second packet that is being mailed out is also available online, but apparently we can't access the website until Monday (however I was just able to login, not sure how to navigate this bad boy though...).

User avatar
Yacht_Party
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby Yacht_Party » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:54 pm

dt22, you should need to really chill out 8)

User avatar
MoS
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby MoS » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Sec. 6 gets Fridays off. I am kind of jealous, but the rest of the week doesn't look that fun for them.

Nerdy side note:
We could all make rules that describe our tentative schedules. And then whoever cared could solve them like LSAT games to find out what section each person is in.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby traehekat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:20 pm

MoS wrote:Sec. 6 gets Fridays off. I am kind of jealous, but the rest of the week doesn't look that fun for them.

Nerdy side note:
We could all make rules that describe our tentative schedules. And then whoever cared could solve them like LSAT games to find out what section each person is in.


After three bouts with the LSAT, I've been logic game free for 7 months now. Tryin' to stay clean man.

But seriously, more details about what is in the packet! I can't bare to wait another hour and forty minutes until the mail comes.

User avatar
MoS
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby MoS » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:35 pm

traehekat wrote:
MoS wrote:Sec. 6 gets Fridays off. I am kind of jealous, but the rest of the week doesn't look that fun for them.

Nerdy side note:
We could all make rules that describe our tentative schedules. And then whoever cared could solve them like LSAT games to find out what section each person is in.


After three bouts with the LSAT, I've been logic game free for 7 months now. Tryin' to stay clean man.

But seriously, more details about what is in the packet! I can't bare to wait another hour and forty minutes until the mail comes.


The packet starts with a letter from Dean Crain (This is what is in the packet, sections might change, get an ID card, and don't start reading class assignments)

Then it lists the Professors for each section and course with a class schedule (The finals schedule is nice)

Next is a memo on reading assignments for the orientation class (reading is intense if you don't have all of your personal business settled you might want to read a bit ahead of time, but your understanding may not be complete from it)

Info about bookstore hours and purchases (get an ID card or bring cash, bring your own bag)

Meal plan info.

General info about policies and offices to resolve problems (You won't be registered on ISIS until July 22)

Letter about Academic Achievement Program AAP ( check AAP ICON at icon.uiowa.edu)

Finishes with a letter and pamphlet from computer services about locations, specifications for a new computer, and software discounts.
Last edited by MoS on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sques001
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:14 am

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby sques001 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:41 pm

MoS wrote:
traehekat wrote:
MoS wrote:Sec. 6 gets Fridays off. I am kind of jealous, but the rest of the week doesn't look that fun for them.

Nerdy side note:
We could all make rules that describe our tentative schedules. And then whoever cared could solve them like LSAT games to find out what section each person is in.


After three bouts with the LSAT, I've been logic game free for 7 months now. Tryin' to stay clean man.

But seriously, more details about what is in the packet! I can't bare to wait another hour and forty minutes until the mail comes.


The packet starts with a letter from Dean Crain (This is what is in the packet, sections might change, get an ID card, and don't start reading class assignments)

Then it lists the Professors for each section and course with a class schedule (The finals schedule is nice)

Next is a memo on reading assignments for the orientation class (reading is intense if you don't have all of your personal business settled you might want to read a bit ahead of time, but your understanding may not be complete from it)

Info about bookstore hours and purchases (get an ID card or bring cash, bring your own bag)

Meal plan info.

General info about policies and offices to resolve problems (You won't be registered don ISIS until July 22)

Letter about Academic Achievement Program AAP ( check AAP ICON at icon.uiowa.edu)

Finishes with a letter and pamphlet from computer services about locations, specifications for a new computer, and software discounts.


Ahhh I want to see!! Sucks that I'll be out of town in Disney for the weekend. Guess I'll have to wait till Monday to access it online.

User avatar
Yacht_Party
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby Yacht_Party » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Well I'm happy with my section.

User avatar
emorystud2010
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby emorystud2010 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Allowed.
Last edited by emorystud2010 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby Slimpee » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:11 pm

Last edited by Slimpee on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
mshflyer
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:40 am

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby mshflyer » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Slimpee wrote:I wish Iowa had done this first:

http://timesandseasons.org/index.php/20 ... d-be-like/



that just made my day

User avatar
OkieGirl
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:08 am

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby OkieGirl » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Section 1

yay :)

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby jaskat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:43 pm

That video is genius, although I would have rather gotten my section info today. :(

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby nyskidude » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:59 pm

Slimpee wrote:
nyskidude wrote:I moved in on the 1st of July, so if anyone wants help moving in (I know how tough it can be...), feel free to send me a DM. If I'm available, I would be more than happy to help people out.


Pics?


Of me or my apartment?

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby nyskidude » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Wow, I live in University Heights, a mile away from the law school, and I didn't get my packet today.... That bites.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby traehekat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:35 pm

section 10 where you aaattttt!!!

shout outs to section 7, 8, and 9 as well!

wish we could have gotten hovenkamp for torts, but i hear bohannan is awesome, too.

im a little worried about matsumoto... check out the evaluations here: https://www.law.uiowa.edu/groups/isba/2008-2009evaluations.php


EDIT: would also like to note that video was (like the previous one), incredibly awesome. its like, almost TOO well done.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby JOThompson » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:37 pm

nyskidude wrote:Wow, I live in University Heights, a mile away from the law school, and I didn't get my packet today.... That bites.

It might've been sent to your permanent address?

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby nyskidude » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:43 pm

JOThompson wrote:
nyskidude wrote:Wow, I live in University Heights, a mile away from the law school, and I didn't get my packet today.... That bites.

It might've been sent to your permanent address?


Does anybody know if it was sent to the current or permanent address? That would bite even more if it was sent to permanent, because then I would have to wait extra time to get it back from NY to IA....

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby JOThompson » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:53 pm

nyskidude wrote:
JOThompson wrote:
nyskidude wrote:Wow, I live in University Heights, a mile away from the law school, and I didn't get my packet today.... That bites.

It might've been sent to your permanent address?


Does anybody know if it was sent to the current or permanent address? That would bite even more if it was sent to permanent, because then I would have to wait extra time to get it back from NY to IA....

I just doublechecked the email: "If you have not already, you will soon be receiving the second information packet sent to your permanent address." I'm a little anxious as I'm on vacation and nowhere near my permanent or mailing addresses. We should be able to access the info at ICON on the 19th though.

nyskidude
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby nyskidude » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:54 pm

JOThompson wrote:
nyskidude wrote:
JOThompson wrote:
nyskidude wrote:Wow, I live in University Heights, a mile away from the law school, and I didn't get my packet today.... That bites.

It might've been sent to your permanent address?


Does anybody know if it was sent to the current or permanent address? That would bite even more if it was sent to permanent, because then I would have to wait extra time to get it back from NY to IA....

I just doublechecked the email: "If you have not already, you will soon be receiving the second information packet sent to your permanent address." You should be able to access the info at ICON on the 19th though.


Awwww damn. Okay, I will call the folks and have them be on the lookout for it. Thanks JO

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: IOWA 2013

Postby jaskat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:55 pm

I think it's sent to your permanent address.
Does the packet include everyone's placement in every section or just yours? If so would someone with a list mind me PMing them to find out the section I'm in with all the impatience that I have? :P




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest