IOWA 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
MoS

Bronze

Re: IOWA 2013

Post by MoS » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:12 pm

OkieGirl wrote:MoS- I wasn't taken off the waitlist, I just filed my financial aid late. I was accepted back in March.
Oh well that's odd they took that long to tell you. Either way, congrats.

sques001

New

Post by sques001 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Does anyone know what are the major banks in the Iowa City/Coralville area? I was looking online and there is not Bank of America anywhere near that area.. thankss

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sques001

New

Post by sques001 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:12 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:hey everyone. so im pretty sure im going to iowa in the fall. anyone looking for a roommate? i know there was a list or something, but i figured id try this first.

No news from Emory wl?? looks like we're on the same boat.. btw i saw that you were an Econ major (me too)

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sques001

New

Post by sques001 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:02 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:
sques001 wrote:
emorystud2010 wrote:hey everyone. so im pretty sure im going to iowa in the fall. anyone looking for a roommate? i know there was a list or something, but i figured id try this first.

No news from Emory wl?? looks like we're on the same boat.. btw i saw that you were an Econ major (me too)
No news at all. I saw ppl on the Emory board saying they received an email just asking if they wanted to remain on the waitlist. Even though I havent received that yet, I imagine that will be the case. Plus, I went to the admitted students get-together in Des Moines and I feel pretty good about the decision...I picked up econ as a second major actually just bc i finished my first one fairly quickly and it was supposedly easy at Emory(although I received 2 of my lower grades in my intermediate classes. always thought it was strange that they were harder than the advanced classes)...btw, im a huge true blood fan (its like that extra piece of pie at thanksgiving you know you shouldn't have because ur stomach will ache from being so full for the next hour, but u can't help yourself and devour it in 2 bites).
hahahaha funny analogy.. Yea i got that Emory e-mail but it seems to me like its pretty much the same one they sent about a month ago.. I majored in Eco but did a minor in Philosophy and Poli Sci.. How did you like Econometrics? Also, I found my roomate looking at the list so it might be a good idea to contact them through there, specially the ones that already have apartments because they are starting to get full.. Good to see we have so much in common.. I think Iowa class of 2013 is going to be a really good group =)

Yacht_Party

Bronze

Post by Yacht_Party » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:12 pm

sques001 wrote:Does anyone know what are the major banks in the Iowa City/Coralville area? I was looking online and there is not Bank of America anywhere near that area.. thankss
I have Bank of America too. I think there's one in Coralville. But in any case, I got a Wells Fargo account. I believe there's a branch downtown.

And re Emory: I am also on the waitlist, and got the email last night. I think if you're getting in off the Emory WL, it's going to be a long summer. But maybe if you haven't gotten an update yet, you'll get some good news.

sques001

New

Post by sques001 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:21 pm

Yacht_Party wrote:
sques001 wrote:Does anyone know what are the major banks in the Iowa City/Coralville area? I was looking online and there is not Bank of America anywhere near that area.. thankss
I have Bank of America too. I think there's one in Coralville. But in any case, I got a Wells Fargo account. I believe there's a branch downtown.

And re Emory: I am also on the waitlist, and got the email last night. I think if you're getting in off the Emory WL, it's going to be a long summer. But maybe if you haven't gotten an update yet, you'll get some good news.
I went on the Bank of america website to search locations via zip code and there is nothing within 30 miles of iowa city/coralville.. so i guess i'll have to get a new bank account.. I hope there is starbucks, if not i'll be miserable. Moving sucks!

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Yacht_Party

Bronze

Post by Yacht_Party » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:19 pm

@ sques: don't worry, the first thing I looked for when I got in was a Starbucks. Yes, there is one. And if you get a new bank account, I suggest Wells Fargo (again).

@ emory: I'd wait a day or two. You may get an email with a separate batch of candidates. After that, ask them for the update that they promised you.

mshflyer

New

Post by mshflyer » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Can't wait to see you all 1 month from today at orientation!

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Yacht_Party wrote:@ sques: don't worry, the first thing I looked for when I got in was a Starbucks. Yes, there is one. And if you get a new bank account, I suggest Wells Fargo (again).

@ emory: I'd wait a day or two. You may get an email with a separate batch of candidates. After that, ask them for the update that they promised you.
I think we can be friends now, lol.

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:07 pm

So my roommate who lives in Iowa City just told me that she got her schedule, reading list, book list, etc. today! Living in NY I normally get stuff the day after she does, so for us not living in Iowa expect something in a couple of days.

I don't know why, but knowing the lists are out is just making me more excited to start! :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ylee0331

New

Post by ylee0331 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:27 pm

I am out of country currently and I'd be so happy if someone posts all the mails they receive from the school (like reading lists, books, etc.)

Thanks so much my fellow classmates!!

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:37 pm

The anticipation is killing me. I will have checked the mail 4 times by noon tomorrow.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:05 pm

MoS wrote:The anticipation is killing me. I will have checked the mail 4 times by noon tomorrow.
+1 haha.

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:28 am

jaskat wrote:So my roommate who lives in Iowa City just told me that she got her schedule, reading list, book list, etc. today! Living in NY I normally get stuff the day after she does, so for us not living in Iowa expect something in a couple of days.

I don't know why, but knowing the lists are out is just making me more excited to start! :mrgreen:
I got it too. It includes section assignments, a class schedule and an orientation syllabus. We're expected to read about 20-30pg of material a day during orientation. On the final day, there will be a pass fail exam. Now... EVERYBODY PANIC!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:51 am

lawschooliseasy wrote:
jaskat wrote:So my roommate who lives in Iowa City just told me that she got her schedule, reading list, book list, etc. today! Living in NY I normally get stuff the day after she does, so for us not living in Iowa expect something in a couple of days.

I got it too. It includes section assignments, a class schedule and an orientation syllabus. We're expected to read about 20-30pg of material a day during orientation. On the final day, there will be a pass fail exam. Now... EVERYBODY PANIC!
Oh God, what if you fail the orientation exam?! WHAT IF?!??!?!

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:52 am

traehekat wrote:
lawschooliseasy wrote:

Shark pit.

...actually you retake it until you pass, according to orientation materials.

Yacht_Party

Bronze

Post by Yacht_Party » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:59 am

jaskat wrote:
Yacht_Party wrote:@ sques: don't worry, the first thing I looked for when I got in was a Starbucks. Yes, there is one. And if you get a new bank account, I suggest Wells Fargo (again).

I think we can be friends now, lol.
Haha, nice to meet you.

It's strange, I have yet to get anxious or excited. I hope that changes, for the sake of my grades. I don't want to be in the 2x club for the orientation exam, either.
Last edited by Yacht_Party on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:00 am

lawschooliseasy wrote:
traehekat wrote:
lawschooliseasy wrote:

Shark pit.

Imagine having to explain why you had to retake the orientation test in an interview.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:02 am

MoS wrote:
lawschooliseasy wrote:
traehekat wrote:
lawschooliseasy wrote:So my roommate who lives in Iowa City just told me that she got her schedule, reading list, book list, etc. today! Living in NY I normally get stuff the day after she does, so for us not living in Iowa expect something in a couple of days.

Shark pit.

Imagine having to explain why you had to retake the orientation test in an interview.[/quote]

Because you were distracted by a fellow student?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NOq2DJI ... re=related

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:11 am

hahaha that video is awesome

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:24 am

Lol, that's a great video!

P.S. Yacht, you're going to have to show me where the starbucks is...

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 am

This is probably a bad time for me to have moved and forgot to tell the Post Office (and Iowa for that matter).

Oops.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”