IOWA 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
MoS

Bronze

Re: IOWA 2013

Post by MoS » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:42 pm

I set up my electric for Seville today and the lady told me the average bill for my apartment was less than $20. That is awesome.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:44 pm

MoS wrote:I set up my electric for Seville today and the lady told me the average bill for my apartment was less than $20. That is awesome.
I couldn't even believe this when I heard it while touring Seville. So nice.

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Does anyone know about furniture stores in Iowa City/Coralville? Just looking for a good one that isn't terribly expensive.

dt22

Bronze

Post by dt22 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:11 pm

traehekat wrote:
MoS wrote:I set up my electric for Seville today and the lady told me the average bill for my apartment was less than $20. That is awesome.
I couldn't even believe this when I heard it while touring Seville. So nice.
cause heat and AC are paid...and we don't have washer/dryer...only lights, dishwasher & wall plugs left.

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:31 pm

The electricity amount is the same thing I was told by my landlord. While on the subject of CoL in Iowa City, I was wondering if anyone knew what an average week's grocery costs there since I'm trying to plan out my budget.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nyskidude

Bronze

Post by nyskidude » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Just got back from the Iowa City event. It was pretty awesome. The staff was very pleasant, the food was great, and it looks like our fellow classmates are all pretty amazing and nice. I am excited now haha.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:53 pm

MoS wrote:Does anyone know about furniture stores in Iowa City/Coralville? Just looking for a good one that isn't terribly expensive.
This would be helpful to know. Otherwise, I might need to find some cheap, spartan furniture at Target.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:56 pm

JOThompson wrote:
MoS wrote:Does anyone know about furniture stores in Iowa City/Coralville? Just looking for a good one that isn't terribly expensive.
This would be helpful to know. Otherwise, I might need to find some cheap, spartan furniture at Target.
there is a place near the ped mall that i stumbled in last time i was there, but it was a little bit on the expensive side. there is also a resale/outlet kind of place somewhere that i hear is very reasonable (not sure about the quality of the stuff you are getting though, i haven't checked it out).

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:08 pm

traehekat wrote:
JOThompson wrote:
there is a place near the ped mall that i stumbled in last time i was there, but it was a little bit on the expensive side. there is also a resale/outlet kind of place somewhere that i hear is very reasonable (not sure about the quality of the stuff you are getting though, i haven't checked it out).
I wouldn't mind a lightly used couch or recliner, if you know where the outlet/resale place is I like to know.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Yacht_Party

Bronze

Post by Yacht_Party » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 pm

JOThompson wrote:
lol that's my plan A

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:31 pm

MoS wrote:
traehekat wrote:
JOThompson wrote:
I wouldn't mind a lightly used couch or recliner, if you know where the outlet/resale place is I like to know.
not poooositive but i think i remember someone saying it was on gilbert, south of the campus.

slumberland (http://www.slumberland.com) may be an option as well (947 Hwy 6 East), although a quick browse of their website suggests they might be a little expensive, too, at least for me.

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Their mattress prices seem to be on par with everything else I have been looking at, and that is definitely something I want new, and will spend a little money on. I've read a couple posts on here about how important a good mattress can be, especially around finals.

theghostofDrewTate

New

Post by theghostofDrewTate » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:39 am

I got my furniture from Lebeda Mattress Factory. It used to be in Coralville, but I don't know if it got ruined by the great flood. Speaking of great floods, I'm hearing that the Coralville Reservoir just north of IC is getting mighty full, I hope none of you are planning on living near the river.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Just placed the Iowa Law sticker on my car. I'm pumped!

hawkeye22

Bronze

Post by hawkeye22 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:51 pm

I just signed a lease today at Seville. Its a 2BR, which I wouldn't mind keeping to myself, but I would also entertain having a roommate if anyone is interested. Anybody else in Seville interested in getting a drink before school starts?

hawkeye22

Bronze

Post by hawkeye22 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

MoS wrote:
traehekat wrote:
JOThompson wrote:
Go to Stuff Etc.

--LinkRemoved--

Yacht_Party

Bronze

Post by Yacht_Party » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:50 pm

hawkeye22 wrote:I just signed a lease today at Seville. Its a 2BR, which I wouldn't mind keeping to myself, but I would also entertain having a roommate if anyone is interested. Anybody else in Seville interested in getting a drink before school starts?
I'll take you up on that drink. I'm going to move in the second or third. What building are you in, if you don't mind me asking (PM is cool too)?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:33 pm

Yacht_Party wrote:
hawkeye22 wrote:I just signed a lease today at Seville. Its a 2BR, which I wouldn't mind keeping to myself, but I would also entertain having a roommate if anyone is interested. Anybody else in Seville interested in getting a drink before school starts?
I'll take you up on that drink. I'm going to move in the second or third. What building are you in, if you don't mind me asking (PM is cool too)?
I'm starting to think I picked the wrong place to live for social events, lol.

Yacht_Party

Bronze

Post by Yacht_Party » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:34 pm

jaskat wrote:
Yacht_Party wrote:
You're so uninvited.

dt22

Bronze

Post by dt22 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Yacht_Party wrote:
yo, im in too. will either get in on the first or second, depending on when my (bribed by food) moving helpers are available. we could do that wednesday night...

hawkeye22

Bronze

Post by hawkeye22 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:52 pm

I'm moving in on July 15th, so let me know if any of you guys need help moving your stuff on the 1st.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Yacht_Party wrote:
jaskat wrote:
Yacht_Party wrote:
You're so uninvited.
:O But, what I meant with that is that I should have picked an apartment in Seville, because that's where all the social events are happening! I'm living in another apartment building!
I'm still invited, right?... Right?

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:53 am

dt22 wrote:
Yacht_Party wrote:
yo, im in too. will either get in on the first or second, depending on when my (bribed by food) moving helpers are available. we could do that wednesday night...
Won't be there until the 5th, but count me in on drinks.

sques001

New

Post by sques001 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Hello everyone!! Just got back into town and ready to start the apt hunt.. Is anyone looking for a roomate?? Preferably a female.. I wont be able to go up to Iowa until the first week of August but i'm willing to give a deposit and sign the lease.. Also, for those who have visited already, which apartment buildings were the nicest?

dt22

Bronze

Post by dt22 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:26 pm

sques001 wrote:Hello everyone!! Just got back into town and ready to start the apt hunt.. Is anyone looking for a roomate?? Preferably a female.. I wont be able to go up to Iowa until the first week of August but i'm willing to give a deposit and sign the lease.. Also, for those who have visited already, which apartment buildings were the nicest?

read through the string....this has been discussed a few times. the most popular locations seem to have filled up, by the way!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”