Fordham Class of 2013/2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
nygiants
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby nygiants » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:29 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:LoL I don't think I was hard to miss at the ASD.. but yeah it was pretty chill all around...

I felt very very comfortable and not nervous or anxious at all.

Also, our class is generally pretty good looking lol.


haha! I did see you, I only saw your post with your picture after the event, I was at a table in front of you at the bbq with my girlfriend

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:41 am

8)
Last edited by MrSoOoFLy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

nygiants
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby nygiants » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:21 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
nygiants wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:LoL I don't think I was hard to miss at the ASD.. but yeah it was pretty chill all around...

I felt very very comfortable and not nervous or anxious at all.

Also, our class is generally pretty good looking lol.


haha! I did see you, I only saw your post with your picture after the event, I was at a table in front of you at the bbq with my girlfriend


LoL I remember you guys bro. It's awesome that you guys will be attending school together!

I was just sitting there relishing the moment; couldn't believe I'm at Fordham Law drinking a beer lol.


Hah, she was there as my guest, she's going to law school elsewhere, should be interesting to compare notes and what not between different schools. I hear you on that, I was totally enjoying the atmosphere

jrod
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby jrod » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:54 pm

Question:

Are all post-1L internships funded by Fordham with a stipend of some sort? Just public-interest ones? How is that defined?

Trying to design budget now that COA has been released...

Thanks.

jrod
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:54 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby jrod » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:17 pm

bump.

Wingdw
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Wingdw » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:12 am

jrod wrote:Question:

Are all post-1L internships funded by Fordham with a stipend of some sort? Just public-interest ones? How is that defined?

Trying to design budget now that COA has been released...

Thanks.


I've actually been wondering the same thing, and as far as I can tell from my research there isn't much summer stipend money out there from Fordham, other than for Stein scholars for their pro bono work. Course I'd love to be wrong about that ha.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby hannah87 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:03 am

MrSoOoFLy wrote:In case any TLSers wanna find me... I'll be the brown kid with the blow out and black dress shirt...come say hi :)

http://www.facebook.com/MrSoOoFLy = a pic for reference lol

edit: and i'll be purposely overdressed lol


haha i saw you too! i thought the event was nice...everyone i met was really friendly. i didn't meet any TLSers, though.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:55 am

I was there (tall, navy shorts, gray polo, short black hair)....met rockthelaw, but that was it for new TLSers. I'm not much for events like these, but it was still a good time.

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby rockthelaw » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I was there (tall, navy shorts, gray polo, short black hair)....met rockthelaw, but that was it for new TLSers. I'm not much for events like these, but it was still a good time.


Word up! Like MrSoOoFly, HEP and I also took notice of our rather attractive class. Good times.

I just took my t-shirt out of the plastic this morning. It's going to take a while for that thing to stretch out.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:04 am

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I was there (tall, navy shorts, gray polo, short black hair)....met rockthelaw, but that was it for new TLSers. I'm not much for events like these, but it was still a good time.


Word up! Like MrSoOoFly, HEP and I also took notice of our rather attractive class. Good times.

I just took my t-shirt out of the plastic this morning. It's going to take a while for that thing to stretch out.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:21 pm

rockthelaw wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:I was there (tall, navy shorts, gray polo, short black hair)....met rockthelaw, but that was it for new TLSers. I'm not much for events like these, but it was still a good time.


Word up! Like MrSoOoFly, HEP and I also took notice of our rather attractive class. Good times.

I just took my t-shirt out of the plastic this morning. It's going to take a while for that thing to stretch out.


Maybe throw it in the dryer?

This is the first t-shirt I've ever received that could kill someone in its original packaging....

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:57 pm

8)
Last edited by MrSoOoFLy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kaydish21
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby kaydish21 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:14 pm

I was also there and met a lot of pretty awesome people. Should be a great year.

alexad99
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby alexad99 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 am

How do we register for classes? Or are we already registered? If so, is there someplace where we can see our schedule? And does anybody know when we can access class syllabi?

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby hannah87 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:36 am

alexad99 wrote:How do we register for classes? Or are we already registered? If so, is there someplace where we can see our schedule? And does anybody know when we can access class syllabi?


The school registers for us. We have no control over our first-year schedules. I think we're supposed to get our schedules in early August. I assume syllabi follow that.

timertimer61
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby timertimer61 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:50 am

dean treanor is leaving to gtown! how do you guys think this will affect fordham law?

--LinkRemoved--

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby sibley » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:03 am

timertimer61 wrote:dean treanor is leaving to gtown! how do you guys think this will affect fordham law?

--LinkRemoved--


minimally, considering it's been announced for months and in the works for assumably a good year before that.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby hannah87 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:06 am

timertimer61 wrote:dean treanor is leaving to gtown! how do you guys think this will affect fordham law?

--LinkRemoved--


ouch, i had no idea. any word on who will replace him? and, most importantly, will we still get cupcakes??

Huluba23
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Huluba23 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:54 am

He was pretty obsessed with those cupcakes. Also those Fordham flip-flops.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby sibley » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:05 am

Huluba23 wrote:He was pretty obsessed with those cupcakes. Also those Fordham flip-flops.


flipflops? that's SO much cooler. it seems like all the student groups give out free baked goods during exams so the loss of specific cupcakes would be minimal.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:10 am

sibley wrote:
Huluba23 wrote:He was pretty obsessed with those cupcakes. Also those Fordham flip-flops.


flipflops? that's SO much cooler. it seems like all the student groups give out free baked goods during exams so the loss of specific cupcakes would be minimal.


I think it was probably more the gesture than the actual cupcakes...unless they were Crumbs, then it's definitely the actual cupcake

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby hannah87 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:12 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
sibley wrote:
Huluba23 wrote:He was pretty obsessed with those cupcakes. Also those Fordham flip-flops.


flipflops? that's SO much cooler. it seems like all the student groups give out free baked goods during exams so the loss of specific cupcakes would be minimal.


I think it was probably more the gesture than the actual cupcakes...unless they were Crumbs, then it's definitely the actual cupcake


meh, i much prefer Magnolia or Buttercup.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:13 am

hannah87 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
sibley wrote:
Huluba23 wrote:He was pretty obsessed with those cupcakes. Also those Fordham flip-flops.


flipflops? that's SO much cooler. it seems like all the student groups give out free baked goods during exams so the loss of specific cupcakes would be minimal.


I think it was probably more the gesture than the actual cupcakes...unless they were Crumbs, then it's definitely the actual cupcake


meh, i much prefer Magnolia or Buttercup.


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
rockthelaw
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby rockthelaw » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:21 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
sibley wrote:
Huluba23 wrote:He was pretty obsessed with those cupcakes. Also those Fordham flip-flops.


flipflops? that's SO much cooler. it seems like all the student groups give out free baked goods during exams so the loss of specific cupcakes would be minimal.


I think it was probably more the gesture than the actual cupcakes...unless they were Crumbs, then it's definitely the actual cupcake


I just had a thought: Wouldn't all the sugar from the frosting in the cupcakes lead to early burnout during the exams? Like, you'd get a quick sugar rush, and then lose all your energy? So, is it possible to say that the cupcakes can be seen as a detriment to exam success?

Or, do we just say that cupcakes are, in all situations, awesome?

I'm inclined to pick the latter.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby hannah87 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:22 am

:lol:

crumbs just seemed too big and the icing wasn't rich enough. something was off about it. no offense!

and rock: cupcakes are, in all situations, awesome.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest