Fordham Class of 2013/2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
MrSoOoFLy

Bronze

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Fri May 21, 2010 8:38 pm

danidancer wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
danidancer wrote:Oy. So I just found out I'm in off the Cornell Reserve list. And now I don't know what to do...
WOW congrats! that is awesome. and confusing. do you see yourself in ithaca for 3 years?
Thanks! I'm really not sure, that's part of the issue. I'm a huge NYC fan, as I think you all know. I'm also worried about finances - Fordham gave me a great package, I know I'm not getting a scholarship at Cornell and I have no idea about their financial aid policies. I have a week to decide - lots of soul searching to come this weekend, I'm sure.
Congrats Dani!!! 200,000+ debt from Cornell is a steep price to pay but if you're comfortable with the debt then go for it. Good luck to you with whatever you decide!

P.S. Stay here with us at Fordham lol

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Sun May 23, 2010 12:24 am

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
danidancer wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
danidancer wrote:Oy. So I just found out I'm in off the Cornell Reserve list. And now I don't know what to do...
WOW congrats! that is awesome. and confusing. do you see yourself in ithaca for 3 years?
Thanks! I'm really not sure, that's part of the issue. I'm a huge NYC fan, as I think you all know. I'm also worried about finances - Fordham gave me a great package, I know I'm not getting a scholarship at Cornell and I have no idea about their financial aid policies. I have a week to decide - lots of soul searching to come this weekend, I'm sure.
Congrats Dani!!! 200,000+ debt from Cornell is a steep price to pay but if you're comfortable with the debt then go for it. Good luck to you with whatever you decide!

P.S. Stay here with us at Fordham lol
Thanks! You guys (and gals!) are all seriously, seriously awesome. After sleeping on it last night, I think I have to take Cornell. It breaks my heart a little bit that I won't be able to have y'all as classmates (b/c the Fordham threads are seriously the best on TLS), but I just can't pass up the chance to go to a T14. Assuming I don't have a drastic change of heart, I'll be withdrawing next week. I wish you all the greatest luck in the world!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon May 24, 2010 9:02 am

danidancer wrote:
Thanks! You guys (and gals!) are all seriously, seriously awesome. After sleeping on it last night, I think I have to take Cornell. It breaks my heart a little bit that I won't be able to have y'all as classmates (b/c the Fordham threads are seriously the best on TLS), but I just can't pass up the chance to go to a T14. Assuming I don't have a drastic change of heart, I'll be withdrawing next week. I wish you all the greatest luck in the world!
Go Big Red! Good luck Dani!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Mon May 24, 2010 9:16 am

danidancer wrote: Thanks! You guys (and gals!) are all seriously, seriously awesome. After sleeping on it last night, I think I have to take Cornell. It breaks my heart a little bit that I won't be able to have y'all as classmates (b/c the Fordham threads are seriously the best on TLS), but I just can't pass up the chance to go to a T14. Assuming I don't have a drastic change of heart, I'll be withdrawing next week. I wish you all the greatest luck in the world!
Ah, Dani - makes total sense to me... though I'll be sad not to have you as a classmate!
Congratulations, again. :mrgreen:

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon May 24, 2010 9:23 am

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:I'm trying to find a photo of myself to send for my ID and their facebook page but every pic I have is with me either holding a drink or with a girl fml :(
Hahaha, I just went to CVS and got passport pictures taken. But it's EXPENSIVE, so you might be better off having a friend taking a picture of you in front of a white wall and making it 2" x 2".
Yeah it looks like I'll just take one out and get it in a 2x2... Just a regular head shot right? Show a little tie and shoulders but not lower than my chest ?
Does anyone know if you can send them a digital shot or do you have to send them physical 2x2 photos?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nymets123

New

Post by nymets123 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:37 pm

damn, im bummed that ill be missing the admitted student BBQ. I'll be on a cross country road trip till august. Oh well, I guess i'll have to make up for it orientation week

SlainteNYC

New

Post by SlainteNYC » Tue May 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Looks like this thread could use another new admitted student for fall of 2010. Just thought I'd drop in and say hi as a newcomer.
Last edited by SlainteNYC on Wed May 26, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:07 pm

SlainteNYC wrote:Looks like this thread could use another new admitted student for fall of 2013. Just thought I'd drop in and say hi as a newcomer.
welcome :D

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Tue May 25, 2010 1:36 pm

SlainteNYC wrote:Looks like this thread could use another new admitted student for fall of 2013. Just thought I'd drop in and say hi as a newcomer.
Wow, I've never seen them accept someone 3 years in advance! You must have quite the app...

Welcome anyway!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nygiants

New

Post by nygiants » Tue May 25, 2010 2:08 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:I'm trying to find a photo of myself to send for my ID and their facebook page but every pic I have is with me either holding a drink or with a girl fml :(
Hahaha, I just went to CVS and got passport pictures taken. But it's EXPENSIVE, so you might be better off having a friend taking a picture of you in front of a white wall and making it 2" x 2".
Yeah it looks like I'll just take one out and get it in a 2x2... Just a regular head shot right? Show a little tie and shoulders but not lower than my chest ?
Does anyone know if you can send them a digital shot or do you have to send them physical 2x2 photos?
I'm pretty sure they have to be physical photos. They're 25 cents to print out at cvs if you take them yourself in front of a white backdrop. Otherwise I think its something like $9.00.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Tue May 25, 2010 3:02 pm

nygiants wrote: I'm pretty sure they have to be physical photos. They're 25 cents to print out at cvs if you take them yourself in front of a white backdrop. Otherwise I think its something like $9.00.
Google "Cvs passport photo discount" and you get them for $6.99 with the print-out coupon. That's what I did. I also didn't wear a tie, I hope I'm not alone in that boat...

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:14 pm

tesoro wrote:
nygiants wrote: I'm pretty sure they have to be physical photos. They're 25 cents to print out at cvs if you take them yourself in front of a white backdrop. Otherwise I think its something like $9.00.
Google "Cvs passport photo discount" and you get them for $6.99 with the print-out coupon. That's what I did. I also didn't wear a tie, I hope I'm not alone in that boat...
lol did they ask us to wear a tie???

kaydish21

Bronze

Post by kaydish21 » Tue May 25, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm not wearing a tie either. I wouldn't sweat it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Tue May 25, 2010 7:01 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
tesoro wrote:
Nope. I was reading people talking about it on the previous page and was wondering if I was the only one that skipped the tie, that's all

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Tue May 25, 2010 7:06 pm

tesoro wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
tesoro wrote:
Nope. I was reading people talking about it on the previous page and was wondering if I was the only one that skipped the tie, that's all
Does anyone know when we get our Fordham Email address?

(I just added Fordham to the dictionary on my computer so it doesn't show up as an spelling mistake)

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:03 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:

(I just added Fordham to the dictionary on my computer so it doesn't show up as an spelling mistake)
related question: did we get Fordham ID numbers? what number are we supposed to write on the back of the passport photos? I feel like i'm missing something obvious...

Wingdw

New

Post by Wingdw » Tue May 25, 2010 11:27 pm

hannah87 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

related question: did we get Fordham ID numbers? what number are we supposed to write on the back of the passport photos? I feel like i'm missing something obvious...
I'm pretty sure all they asked for us to put on the Passport photos is our name and whether we were day or evening program. I don't believe they have ID numbers and email addresses set up quite yet for us.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nygiants

New

Post by nygiants » Wed May 26, 2010 1:45 am

No tie for me either.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:56 am

Wingdw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

I'm pretty sure all they asked for us to put on the Passport photos is our name and whether we were day or evening program. I don't believe they have ID numbers and email addresses set up quite yet for us.
from the online viewbook:

Photos
Please send two passport-sized photographs to
the StudentAffairsOffice by June 1, 2010. Please
print your name and FordhamID# on the back.
One photo will be used for your ID card; the
other will be kept with your official student file
and used for our online facebook.

think it's ok i used my LSAC ID and forgot to write my division? they'll figure it out, right?

MrSoOoFLy

Bronze

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Wed May 26, 2010 9:02 am

hannah87 wrote:
Wingdw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

Photos

think it's ok i used my LSAC ID and forgot to write my division? they'll figure it out, right?
From the admitted students website:
Photos
Please send two passport-sized photographs to the Student Affairs Office by June 1, 2010. Please print the name you used on your law school application and your division (day or evening) on the back. One photo will be used for your ID card, the other will be kept with your official student file and used for our online face book.

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Wed May 26, 2010 9:53 am

unless you have a really generic name I think they will be able to figure it out.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MrSoOoFLy

Bronze

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Wed May 26, 2010 10:41 am

Too soon to start a study/outline group? lol

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Wed May 26, 2010 11:24 am

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

Photos

From the admitted students website:
Photos
Please send two passport-sized photographs to the Student Affairs Office by June 1, 2010. Please print the name you used on your law school application and your division (day or evening) on the back. One photo will be used for your ID card, the other will be kept with your official student file and used for our online face book.
yeah i saw that after i mailed them in. the guide book had different information in it.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Wed May 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Wingdw wrote:
Yeah, that's what the admitted students site said, so that's what I did. Apparently there is conflicting info. Fordham communication FAIL.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:14 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:Too soon to start a study/outline group? lol
Lol....way too soon.....I'd probably wait to get to know my fellow classmates. Spending hours at a time in a study group is different than congregating on the interwebs. Plus, you don't wanna exclude someone who's not on TLS.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”