Fordham Class of 2013/2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
tesoro

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby tesoro » Fri May 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Anyone else pulling for LeBron to start playing at MSG? We might be heading to the big apple at the start of a dynasty.

Also, I'm all in for my $1000 deposit. Heading to CVS for passport photos tomorrow :)

badpixie

Postby badpixie » Fri May 14, 2010 4:39 pm

I still haven't received my snail mail acceptance letter, and my deposit is due on Monday. Was there a seat deposit form included, that I should be sending back along with my check?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri May 14, 2010 4:42 pm

badpixie wrote:I still haven't received my snail mail acceptance letter, and my deposit is due on Monday. Was there a seat deposit form included, that I should be sending back along with my check?

Nope. Just the instructions on the admitted student site.

Mattalones

Postby Mattalones » Fri May 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri May 14, 2010 5:13 pm

Mattalones wrote:
danidancer wrote:
badpixie wrote:I still haven't received my snail mail acceptance letter, and my deposit is due on Monday. Was there a seat deposit form included, that I should be sending back along with my check?

Nope. Just the instructions on the admitted student site.

Just call with you credit card and they'll handle you.

I'm just sending my check along with those forms due on July 6th (to avoid confusion, I am sending them before June 1st). And I did talk to admissions, and signing the enrollment form does not mean you have to withdraw from other waitlists.

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri May 14, 2010 5:34 pm

I can now post in this thread as I have been accepted! Hey everyone!

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri May 14, 2010 5:37 pm

rockthelaw wrote:I can now post in this thread as I have been accepted! Hey everyone!

'grats!!!

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Fri May 14, 2010 6:30 pm

danidancer wrote:
rockthelaw wrote:I can now post in this thread as I have been accepted! Hey everyone!

'grats!!!

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Sat May 15, 2010 11:13 am

Ok, the weirdest thing happened last night. I got home rather late and opened my mail to see a letter from Fordham, indicating that I had to file my Stafford Loan Request Form. Wanting to not waste time, I attempted to do this last night. However, I realized that I didn't know how many credits we actually take each semester of our first year, so I wanted to get that right before I sent in the app. When I woke up this morning, the website says that the application to file online will not be available until the end of May, but I KNOW that I was filling it out around 3am. So I am VERY confused right now.

Anyway, a couple questions for anyone who can help...
1) How many credits do we take each semester of 1L
2) I received two identical letters and one has the watermark "RETURN TO FORDHAM," which I find odd. I'm guessing that I should do this? I can't understand what the purpose of this letter might be.

Thanks!

Springsteen

Postby Springsteen » Sat May 15, 2010 12:08 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:Ok, the weirdest thing happened last night. I got home rather late and opened my mail to see a letter from Fordham, indicating that I had to file my Stafford Loan Request Form. Wanting to not waste time, I attempted to do this last night. However, I realized that I didn't know how many credits we actually take each semester of our first year, so I wanted to get that right before I sent in the app. When I woke up this morning, the website says that the application to file online will not be available until the end of May, but I KNOW that I was filling it out around 3am. So I am VERY confused right now.

2) I received two identical letters and one has the watermark "RETURN TO FORDHAM," which I find odd. I'm guessing that I should do this? I can't understand what the purpose of this letter might be.

Thanks!

I got this letter too, Lauren. If you go to the Academic Regulations, I just added up the total credits for Fall/Spring required 1L classes, and put the total of 31 (this could be way wrong, but I figured it encompassed both semesters since we're requesting aid for both. I attached that app to the letter saying 'Return to Fordham.' Hopefully it won't be an issue, and if I put too many credits, they recognize that I added up Fall and Spring and it doesn't affect the processing. Hope I'm right!

Edit: Actually now looking at it, I think you break it down per semester on the two lines, like (15 and 16), so adding it up might have been incorrect, so hopefully the office staff gets that I added them up.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Sat May 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Springsteen wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:Ok, the weirdest thing happened last night. I got home rather late and opened my mail to see a letter from Fordham, indicating that I had to file my Stafford Loan Request Form. Wanting to not waste time, I attempted to do this last night. However, I realized that I didn't know how many credits we actually take each semester of our first year, so I wanted to get that right before I sent in the app. When I woke up this morning, the website says that the application to file online will not be available until the end of May, but I KNOW that I was filling it out around 3am. So I am VERY confused right now.

Thanks!

I got this letter too, Lauren. If you go to the Academic Regulations, I just added up the total credits for Fall/Spring required 1L classes, and put the total of 31 (this could be way wrong, but I figured it encompassed both semesters since we're requesting aid for both. I attached that app to the letter saying 'Return to Fordham.' Hopefully it won't be an issue, and if I put too many credits, they recognize that I added up Fall and Spring and it doesn't affect the processing. Hope I'm right!

Edit: Actually now looking at it, I think you break it down per semester on the two lines, like (15 and 16), so adding it up might have been incorrect, so hopefully the office staff gets that I added them up.

Thanks! I'll put 15 and 16 and I'm sure that they'll contact us if that is incorrect.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Sat May 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Springsteen wrote:

Thanks!

Also, to which address did you send the paper copy? The file says 33 W 60th but the letter says 113 W 60th...

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat May 15, 2010 4:28 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
Also, to which address did you send the paper copy? The file says 33 W 60th but the letter says 113 W 60th...

All the finaid and admissions people are at the former address. You can also stop by in person if you are nearby!

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Sat May 15, 2010 5:08 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

All the finaid and admissions people are at the former address. You can also stop by in person if you are nearby!

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Sat May 15, 2010 5:14 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

I'm not actually sure, because it was 9 and 13 credits for us, and you should have one class more per semester.

Springsteen

Postby Springsteen » Sun May 16, 2010 9:44 am

tesoro wrote:Anyone else pulling for LeBron to start playing at MSG? We might be heading to the big apple at the start of a dynasty.

Also, I'm all in for my $1000 deposit. Heading to CVS for passport photos tomorrow :)

I can't wait, although I'm only like 40% confident the Knicks are going to get him. I used to be a major Knicks fan years ago, but kinda lost interest the past few, so I'd love to have an excuse to get heavily back into the team again and go to games!

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Thu May 20, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm trying to find a photo of myself to send for my ID and their facebook page but every pic I have is with me either holding a drink or with a girl fml :(

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu May 20, 2010 2:34 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:I'm trying to find a photo of myself to send for my ID and their facebook page but every pic I have is with me either holding a drink or with a girl fml :(

Hahaha, I just went to CVS and got passport pictures taken. But it's EXPENSIVE, so you might be better off having a friend taking a picture of you in front of a white wall and making it 2" x 2".

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Thu May 20, 2010 2:38 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:I'm trying to find a photo of myself to send for my ID and their facebook page but every pic I have is with me either holding a drink or with a girl fml :(

Hahaha, I just went to CVS and got passport pictures taken. But it's EXPENSIVE, so you might be better off having a friend taking a picture of you in front of a white wall and making it 2" x 2".

Yeah it looks like I'll just take one out and get it in a 2x2... Just a regular head shot right? Show a little tie and shoulders but not lower than my chest ?

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu May 20, 2010 2:39 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

Yeah it looks like I'll just take one out and get it in a 2x2... Just a regular head shot right? Show a little tie and shoulders but not lower than my chest ?

Yup.

MrSoOoFLy

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Thu May 20, 2010 2:40 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

Yup.

Ty :D

rockthelaw

Postby rockthelaw » Fri May 21, 2010 12:30 am

LaurenGayle wrote:

How expensive? I was thinking of doing that.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri May 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Oy. So I just found out I'm in off the Cornell Reserve list. And now I don't know what to do...

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:44 pm

danidancer wrote:Oy. So I just found out I'm in off the Cornell Reserve list. And now I don't know what to do...

WOW congrats! that is awesome. and confusing. do you see yourself in ithaca for 3 years?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri May 21, 2010 5:21 pm

hannah87 wrote:
danidancer wrote:Oy. So I just found out I'm in off the Cornell Reserve list. And now I don't know what to do...

WOW congrats! that is awesome. and confusing. do you see yourself in ithaca for 3 years?

Thanks! I'm really not sure, that's part of the issue. I'm a huge NYC fan, as I think you all know. I'm also worried about finances - Fordham gave me a great package, I know I'm not getting a scholarship at Cornell and I have no idea about their financial aid policies. I have a week to decide - lots of soul searching to come this weekend, I'm sure.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”