Fordham Class of 2013/2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
danidancer

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby danidancer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:03 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
danidancer wrote:
Haha. I just got excited about it at the ASD, and when they said the application was already online, I decided to go ahead and start preparing my application. It does sound like an awesome program for anyone even partly interested in PI.

ahh, I was wondering how you knew about it before the email. I'm definitely going to work on it this weekend -- this and the Crowley program are the main reasons I applied to Fordham!

It's also been linked to on the Admitted Students website for awhile apparently, but I only knew that b/c of the ASD.

The Crowley program sounds AMAZING. Unfortunately I don't think I have the experiences they would be looking for. Definitely planning on putting an application in when they become available next spring, but not holding my breath.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:08 pm

danidancer wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
danidancer wrote:
Haha. I just got excited about it at the ASD, and when they said the application was already online, I decided to go ahead and start preparing my application. It does sound like an awesome program for anyone even partly interested in PI.

ahh, I was wondering how you knew about it before the email. I'm definitely going to work on it this weekend -- this and the Crowley program are the main reasons I applied to Fordham!

It's also been linked to on the Admitted Students website for awhile apparently, but I only knew that b/c of the ASD.

The Crowley program sounds AMAZING. Unfortunately I don't think I have the experiences they would be looking for. Definitely planning on putting an application in when they become available next spring, but not holding my breath.

Oh, yeah, the Crowley program is basically the reason I am going to law school. I'm sure it is super competitive and I won't be holding my breath, either, but I've been mentally working on my application since I learned about it last summer haha.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:18 pm

hi, guys! i'm almost ready to make my deposit...i am going to UVa ASD tomorrow to hopefully get it out of my system. and i should be receiving my NYU WL letter pretty soon. if all goes as expected- Fordham, here I come!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:50 pm

hannah87 wrote:hi, guys! i'm almost ready to make my deposit...i am going to UVa ASD tomorrow to hopefully get it out of my system. and i should be receiving my NYU WL letter pretty soon. if all goes as expected- Fordham, here I come!

May I ask why F over UVA?

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:53 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:hi, guys! i'm almost ready to make my deposit...i am going to UVa ASD tomorrow to hopefully get it out of my system. and i should be receiving my NYU WL letter pretty soon. if all goes as expected- Fordham, here I come!

sure.

A) i am recently married and my husband has a good finance job in NYC that cannot relocate him. we don't want to separate for 3 years. he looked into jobs in C'ville but the prospects are dim. we are going there for the weekend to check it out, so i guess if i am absolutely in love with it and insist on depositing there, we'll try to work it out somehow.

B) i got $0 in scholarship money there and i'm trying to minimize debt as much as possible while still going to a good school.

Fordham seems to be the best fit, since i want to work in NYC biglaw and they gave me a 25k/year scholarship. that being said, it will SUCK turning down UVa.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:54 pm

hannah87 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

sure.

A) i am recently married and my husband has a good finance job in NYC that cannot relocate him. we don't want to separate for 3 years. he looked into jobs in C'ville but the prospects are dim. we are going there for the weekend to check it out, so i guess if i am absolutely in love with it and insist on depositing there, we'll try to work it out somehow.

B) i got $0 in scholarship money there and i'm trying to minimize debt as much as possible while still going to a good school.

Fordham seems to be the best fit, since i want to work in NYC biglaw and they gave me a 25k/year scholarship. that being said, it will SUCK turning down UVa.

Those are really, really, strong reasons for taking the F-bomb. Congrats.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:14 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

sure.

Those are really, really, strong reasons for taking the F-bomb. Congrats.

thank you! congrats to you, too, Baron of Fordham :D .

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Yay! Just got my deposit confirmation :-D

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:44 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:Yay! Just got my deposit confirmation :-D

When did you mail yours in? I mailed a check in on 3/30 and called in today, they told me they don't have record of it...

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:50 pm

tesoro wrote:

When did you mail yours in? I mailed a check in on 3/30 and called in today, they told me they don't have record of it...

Sent it in last Friday (4/2) from Manhattan. Emailed today to check on it, got the confirmation email a few hours later.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:56 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
tesoro wrote:

Sent it in last Friday (4/2) from Manhattan. Emailed today to check on it, got the confirmation email a few hours later.

OK thank you. That's somewhat comforting... they were closed 'til 4/5 so they probably got our stuff at the same time. I'll give them 'til tomorrow afternoon before I start considering cutting another check.

Huluba23

Postby Huluba23 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Hey anybody else find Fordhams merit award letters confusing? I'm not sure if my amount is total or if it is over 3 years.

worldpiece17

Postby worldpiece17 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:25 pm

So I think I'm a day or two away from officially joining the Fordham Class of '13. A couple quick questions-

-Anyone know with Stein Scholars that if you get selected, can you still apply for Crowley?

-I received the acceptance e-mail on 4/2, and the letter was mailed 4/7. Anyone have a guesstimation for hearing about merit aid? (not that i'm reallly holding my breath on that one)

-Are there any more opportunities to go visit the school? Like an ASD? Or do I just call admissions and sign up a normal tour? I'd really like to sit in on a class...

Thanks for any help! And I hope to see you in the fall.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:42 pm

worldpiece17 wrote:So I think I'm a day or two away from officially joining the Fordham Class of '13. A couple quick questions-

-Anyone know with Stein Scholars that if you get selected, can you still apply for Crowley?

-I received the acceptance e-mail on 4/2, and the letter was mailed 4/7. Anyone have a guesstimation for hearing about merit aid? (not that i'm reallly holding my breath on that one)

-Are there any more opportunities to go visit the school? Like an ASD? Or do I just call admissions and sign up a normal tour? I'd really like to sit in on a class...

I'm on the waitlist, but I emailed them about sitting in on a class. They said they only could do that for admitted students... so I think you'll be able to do that. But you should do it soon as the end of the semester is coming up and all that.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:24 pm

worldpiece17 wrote:So I think I'm a day or two away from officially joining the Fordham Class of '13. A couple quick questions-

Yes, you can apply for both Stein and Crowley - both are pretty competitive. Stein you'd apply for now, Crowley as a 1L.

Merit aid comes after acceptance - worth emailing/calling and asking if you qualify.

No more ASDs, but I'm sure you can arrange an individual visit.

worldpiece17

Postby worldpiece17 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Wow!! You guys hit the trifecta- you're advice/answers were good, quick, AND cheap! :P

Thanks! I'll call them first thing in the morning to set up a visit.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:36 pm

Those of you who've submitted deposits, what did you make the check out to? "Fordham University School of Law"? I'm submitting mine tomorrow. 8)

ezryder609

Postby ezryder609 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:54 pm

danidancer wrote:Those of you who've submitted deposits, what did you make the check out to? "Fordham University School of Law"? I'm submitting mine tomorrow. 8)

The site says to put: Fordham University School of Law Office of Admissions
That what I wrote, but I don't think they would be too picky anyway.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:58 pm

ezryder609 wrote:
danidancer wrote:Those of you who've submitted deposits, what did you make the check out to? "Fordham University School of Law"? I'm submitting mine tomorrow. 8)

The site says to put: Fordham University School of Law Office of Admissions
That what I wrote, but I don't think they would be too picky anyway.

That's where it says to mail it, I just wasn't sure what to make the physical check out to. I ask b/c the bank my work banks with is a huge stickler for only accepting checks made out specifically to our company, no minute variations accepted.

lietx3

Postby lietx3 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:57 am

I put Fordham University School of Law,
mailed on 4/1

got the confirmation by e-mail yesterday ( 4/8).

They updated status checkers on 4/6 with deposit info is what she told me.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:16 am

lietx3 wrote:I put Fordham University School of Law,
mailed on 4/1

got the confirmation by e-mail yesterday ( 4/8).

They updated status checkers on 4/6 with deposit info is what she told me.

Thanks! Looks like they've been receiving this question a lot:

Greetings from Fordham Law School! I hope that this email finds you well and enjoying the start of spring. I am writing to remind you that your first deposit of $400 is due on Thursday, April 15th by either check or credit card. Checks, made payable to Fordham Law School, can be mailed to:

Fordham Law School
Office of Admissions
33 West 60th Street, 9th floor
New York, NY 10023

If you wish to pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard and American Express), please call our office at 212.636.6810 and a member of our Admissions team will be happy to assist you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone in the Admissions Office.
Last edited by danidancer on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starsong

Postby starsong » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:51 am

Just sent my deposit yesterday! Still waiting to hear from CLS/NYU, but very, very excited about Fordham.

nymets123

Postby nymets123 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:37 pm

danidancer wrote:

No more ASDs, but I'm sure you can arrange an individual visit.

Dani- actually I was in admissions last week and I asked about ASDs. They told me that none were scheduled as of yet but they were still considering hosting another one. So it is still poss. that there will be one more.

I am stoked that I got my deposit confirmation email!
but still waiting for them to actually cash the check...for some reason thats still making me nervous, im gonna call again if they don't cash it by around the 15th.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Deposit confirmation!

PS - you can totally pay by credit card. I was on hold with the Bursar for about 5 minutes, but the charge when through immediately, so there's no lag time waiting for the check to clear.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Deposit confirmed!

I'm stoked they got the CC stuff working. I definitely plan to use my mastercard for the June deposit to avoid the stress of awating confirmation.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”