Fordham Class of 2013/2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Springsteen

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Springsteen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:53 pm

Got my deposit confirmation email today! Keep an eye out if you've sent it in already.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:55 pm

Springsteen wrote:Got my deposit confirmation email today! Keep an eye out if you've sent it in already.

Made the final decision -- sending in my deposit tomorrow :-D

Springsteen

Postby Springsteen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:56 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
Springsteen wrote:Got my deposit confirmation email today! Keep an eye out if you've sent it in already.

Congrats!

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Springsteen wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks!! Yay future classmates!

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:01 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
Springsteen wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks!! Yay future classmates!

Me too! Mailed mine out yesterday, looking forward to the confirmation :)

ezryder609

Postby ezryder609 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:02 pm

Just sent in my deposit this afternoon, Fordham is it.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:03 pm

To the newest members of Fordham '13 and '14: Congratulations!

All my <3, OS

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:05 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:To the newest members of Fordham '13 and '14: Congratulations!

All my <3, OS

Well after my wustl wl there is a very strong chance i will be in the city next year.....

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:06 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:To the newest members of Fordham '13 and '14: Congratulations!

All my <3, OS

Well after my wustl wl there is a very strong chance i will be in the city next year.....

Congrats to everyone! Chico.... I'll trade you my wustl for your fordham.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:08 pm

sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

All my <3, OS

LOL...now Im not so sure.... fordham has grown on me....and it does sound nice to say....Forrrrrdham Law. Washington University in St. Louis School of Law takes sooo long to say.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:09 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

All my <3, OS

LOL...now Im not so sure.... fordham has grown on me....and it does sound nice to say....Forrrrrdham Law. Washington University in St. Louis School of Law takes sooo long to say.

just call it wuss-tul. or wash you. lol.

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:00 pm

nygiants wrote:The only thing these guys missed when outlining what went on the other day is the new schedule. The dean of admissions announced that since there has been such an overwhelming amount of applicants and admitted students, the night program will contain slightly less students to accommodate for a larger day division class. Because of this, there will be two sections (I think it was two, correct me if I'm wrong) of the day division that will have their classes in the afternoon/early evening. These sections will b chosen by lottery and I think he said you would be able to decline if chosen.

So, does this mean more part time students? Or more admitted full time students?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:20 pm

ryguy wrote:
nygiants wrote:The only thing these guys missed when outlining what went on the other day is the new schedule. The dean of admissions announced that since there has been such an overwhelming amount of applicants and admitted students, the night program will contain slightly less students to accommodate for a larger day division class. Because of this, there will be two sections (I think it was two, correct me if I'm wrong) of the day division that will have their classes in the afternoon/early evening. These sections will b chosen by lottery and I think he said you would be able to decline if chosen.

So, does this mean more part time students? Or more admitted full time students?

More full time students, fewer part time.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:21 pm

ryguy wrote:

It means more full time students.

Dean brown mentioned more people are accepting their offers than they thought would. This means three things:

1. More day time students.
2. Possibly less waitlist action than previous years.
3. If they want to keep the number of students in the class (day plus evening) the same, it means less evening students.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 pm

jl2032 wrote:
ryguy wrote:

Dean brown mentioned more people are accepting their offers than they thought would. This means three things:

3. If they want to keep the number of students in the class (day plus evening) the same, it means less evening students.

As an evening student this is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to a smaller class :).

Day classes won't be larger though. They're just going to have more sections. Should work out for everyone (except unfortunately the few waitlisters who just barely bubble out of contention).

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:35 pm

tesoro wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
ryguy wrote:

As an evening student this is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to a smaller class :).

Day classes won't be larger though. They're just going to have more sections. Should work out for everyone (except unfortunately the few waitlisters who just barely bubble out of contention).

<bubbles self back in by threat of putting adcomms' names on pinkberry and crumbs blacklists>

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:37 pm

sibley wrote:
<bubbles self back in by threat of putting adcomms' names on pinkberry and crumbs blacklists>

As a dude who doesn't care much for sweets, I tried crumbs last weekend and it was AWESOME.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:41 pm

tesoro wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
ryguy wrote:

Hi, Tesoro!

Future classmates = yay!

Have you yet heard of any evening students getting $ out of Fordham? I don't need a lot, but I do need something to feel better about giving up on Penn.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:03 pm

jl2032 wrote:Hi, Tesoro!

Future classmates = yay!

Have you yet heard of any evening students getting $ out of Fordham? I don't need a lot, but I do need something to feel better about giving up on Penn.

Hey hey! All I know is that sometimes $ is offered to evening students, but that I'm not getting any (I asked). LSN shows at least one PT student with a $$ offer.

So have you decided on Fordham? Or is there still some sway toward Penn?

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:28 pm

tesoro wrote:

Future classmates = yay!

Hey hey! All I know is that sometimes $ is offered to evening students, but that I'm not getting any (I asked). LSN shows at least one PT student with a $$ offer.

I'm pretty much deciding on Fordham unless Columbia or NYU recognize my existence.

I'm just going to use the $24k/yr at Vandy and the UPenn acceptance to see if they'll give me some money. That's worth a shot, right?

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:30 pm

jl2032 wrote:
tesoro wrote:

Future classmates = yay!

I'm pretty much deciding on Fordham unless Columbia or NYU recognize my existence.

I'm just going to use the $24k/yr at Vandy and the UPenn acceptance to see if they'll give me some money. That's worth a shot, right?

Absolutely. PM danidancer (i think that's the right handle), as she did this successfully. I'd get on that ASAP though, as they're probably near the end of their bankroll.

lietx3

Postby lietx3 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:32 pm

Sent my deposit on monday :)

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:40 pm

tesoro wrote:
jl2032 wrote:
tesoro wrote:

Future classmates = yay!

Absolutely. PM danidancer (i think that's the right handle), as she did this successfully. I'd get on that ASAP though, as they're probably near the end of their bankroll.

Yup. I did indeed and am happy to share via PM (for anonymity's sake). Although to be fair, I'm not sure how much of my success was my negotiating prowess vs. my individual situation. :D

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:58 pm

I witnessed a couple of kids trying to negotiate scholarship $ w Dean Brown in person at the ASD. It was clear he gets "I'd really love to attend Fordham, but don't think I can justify it when I'm getting $x from school A" or "I'd really love to go to Fordham but financial considerations are very important for me" quite frequently. By all means, give it a shot, but know that a few dozen others are trying the same thing.

They even started off the financial aid session with "we know you're all poor". So.. yea. I think if you're going to negotiate, it should probably be based on your numbers or a comparable offer from a peer school (GW or BU, maybe) or another compelling reason why they must have you at their school.

nymets123

Postby nymets123 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:20 pm

paid my seat deposit today for the evening division...unless i freak out and decide that the price tag is too scary to deal with then I'm Fordham bound!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”