Fordham Class of 2013/2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:59 pm

beebs wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: They sell beer ON the ferry. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


well problem is solved.

new problem: everyone is getting waitlisted.

User avatar
kmen
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby kmen » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Wow beebs that t-shirt is really cool, you are very talented. Sing me up for the crawl (even though I'm not officially going to Fordham yet I might as well be).

srd1234
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby srd1234 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:13 pm

beebs wrote:
GoNU wrote:I know you guys r sold on Fordham..its definitely on my list. Curious what your opinions are re NY placement for big law. Would you pick Fordham over USC or Wash U? Lets say you were top quartile of all three schools.


I was actually considering between these three schools. For me, the final decision came down to a simple question: Where (what location) do I want to spent 3 years of mid-twenties? I have no idea who I'll be in three years, where I'll want to live, and what I'll want to do. But, where do I want to be right now? That question was an easy one. New York, of course. I've lived here for over a year now and I love it. I love the lifestyle, the diversity, the craziness, and all the opportunities. Big Law? Who knows. But I like knowing that I'm going to school in the biggest legal market in the country. At the end of the day, it's all about your networking abilities anyway. Who you know > what you know.



This made me smile. I'm trying to decide between Fordham, GW, and BU and this definitely made me lean even more to Fordham :)

SaraT
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby SaraT » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:30 pm

sign me up for the bar crawl as well :D

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby tesoro » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:27 pm

So when is this here bar crawl?

Also, I'll be attending the ASD on March 27th! Who's with me?

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beebs » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:54 pm

srd1234 wrote:
beebs wrote:
GoNU wrote:I know you guys r sold on Fordham..its definitely on my list. Curious what your opinions are re NY placement for big law. Would you pick Fordham over USC or Wash U? Lets say you were top quartile of all three schools.


I was actually considering between these three schools. For me, the final decision came down to a simple question: Where (what location) do I want to spent 3 years of mid-twenties? I have no idea who I'll be in three years, where I'll want to live, and what I'll want to do. But, where do I want to be right now? That question was an easy one. New York, of course. I've lived here for over a year now and I love it. I love the lifestyle, the diversity, the craziness, and all the opportunities. Big Law? Who knows. But I like knowing that I'm going to school in the biggest legal market in the country. At the end of the day, it's all about your networking abilities anyway. Who you know > what you know.



This made me smile. I'm trying to decide between Fordham, GW, and BU and this definitely made me lean even more to Fordham :)


Glad to hear this was helpful. I'm really excited about Fordham!

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby js87 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Does anyone know about Fordham's non-biglaw placement? NYC area DA offices, smaller and midsized firms, NYC area public interest?

Wingdw
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Wingdw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Anyone here attending the accepted student event on Feb. 26th?

I'm right in the city so I will most likely be there, just have to make sure my job is ok with it... kinda annoying that it starts at 3:00 pm on a week day, I would have prefered the original listed 5pm start time.

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beebs » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Wingdw wrote:Anyone here attending the accepted student event on Feb. 26th?

I'm right in the city so I will most likely be there, just have to make sure my job is ok with it... kinda annoying that it starts at 3:00 pm on a week day, I would have prefered the original listed 5pm start time.


Agreed on the start time... it's an annoying change. Even still, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!

Wingdw
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Wingdw » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:57 pm

beebs wrote:
Wingdw wrote:Anyone here attending the accepted student event on Feb. 26th?

I'm right in the city so I will most likely be there, just have to make sure my job is ok with it... kinda annoying that it starts at 3:00 pm on a week day, I would have prefered the original listed 5pm start time.


Agreed on the start time... it's an annoying change. Even still, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!


As am I :)

User avatar
Springsteen
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Springsteen » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:58 pm

It might be too short notice for work for me to go to the Feb. one, but if not, I'll definitely be going to the one in March.

Btw, would anyone in the DC area be interested in setting up a happy hour soon? I think it would be a good way of meeting future classmates, getting insights as to how everyone is preparing for Fordham this fall, etc. Let me know if you're interested!

User avatar
Mattalones
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Mattalones » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:42 am

.
Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wingdw
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Wingdw » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:18 am

Ok so now I've actually had the time to read through this whole thread... you all seem like a real chill group of people =).

I'm increasingly thinking that I will end up at Fordham, although, having applied in early December, I'm still waiting to hear from a couple schools to finalize things.

Another note: 5 Borough pub crawl sounds quite excellent! I was always planning to take off August so an early orientation makes sense.

I've been living on the UWS recently, working in the city. This is my folk's place though, so I'm definitely looking to get my own place of some sort in law school. Even though it will cost me... independence is priceless is my thought at the moment heh. I'm thinking of trying to room with some other Fordham students, but plans are still unclear.

And finally: I'd definitely be up for meeting some of you TLSers going to the Feb. 26th ASD before the event, if anyone is interested. Any place nearby would work for me, just so we can find each other.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:40 am

Has anyone here filled out the FAFSA yet? I'm sending in my tax return today, so I know that this is the next step. I am not sure if I need to be 100% sure of what school I am attending to fill out the form (I'm like 98% sure on Fordham at this point), but browsing around TLS makes me feel like I should have applied weeks ago.

Basically I'm nervous -- does anyone have any advice?

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beebs » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:11 am

LaurenGayle wrote:Has anyone here filled out the FAFSA yet? I'm sending in my tax return today, so I know that this is the next step. I am not sure if I need to be 100% sure of what school I am attending to fill out the form (I'm like 98% sure on Fordham at this point), but browsing around TLS makes me feel like I should have applied weeks ago.

Basically I'm nervous -- does anyone have any advice?


Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can submit the FAFSA even before you do your taxes. I think you just need your W2's. I submitted mine in January, but I definitely don't think it's too late, or you're behind. TLS can get a bit type-AAA sometimes... haha.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:42 am

beebs wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:Has anyone here filled out the FAFSA yet? I'm sending in my tax return today, so I know that this is the next step. I am not sure if I need to be 100% sure of what school I am attending to fill out the form (I'm like 98% sure on Fordham at this point), but browsing around TLS makes me feel like I should have applied weeks ago.

Basically I'm nervous -- does anyone have any advice?


Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can submit the FAFSA even before you do your taxes. I think you just need your W2's. I submitted mine in January, but I definitely don't think it's too late, or you're behind. TLS can get a bit type-AAA sometimes... haha.


Haha, thanks. I know that when I did it for grad school I applied in May, but I certainly don't want to wait that long, and I didn't know if the process was somehow different for law school. Do you have to report the school when you file or no?

User avatar
ZXCVBNM
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby ZXCVBNM » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:25 pm

srd1234 wrote:
beebs wrote:
GoNU wrote:I know you guys r sold on Fordham..its definitely on my list. Curious what your opinions are re NY placement for big law. Would you pick Fordham over USC or Wash U? Lets say you were top quartile of all three schools.


I was actually considering between these three schools. For me, the final decision came down to a simple question: Where (what location) do I want to spent 3 years of mid-twenties? I have no idea who I'll be in three years, where I'll want to live, and what I'll want to do. But, where do I want to be right now? That question was an easy one. New York, of course. I've lived here for over a year now and I love it. I love the lifestyle, the diversity, the craziness, and all the opportunities. Big Law? Who knows. But I like knowing that I'm going to school in the biggest legal market in the country. At the end of the day, it's all about your networking abilities anyway. Who you know > what you know.



This made me smile. I'm trying to decide between Fordham, GW, and BU and this definitely made me lean even more to Fordham :)


Fordham, GW and BU place similarly for BIGLAW but Fordham's alumni network trumps all three in NYC if that's where you want to work.

lietx3
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby lietx3 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Has anyone received the acceptance book thing that they told us about on ASD? I think Steve Brown said that they were "beautiful and spiral bound" and were going to be sent out soon?

Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing stuff from them...

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:48 pm

lietx3 wrote:Has anyone received the acceptance book thing that they told us about on ASD? I think Steve Brown said that they were "beautiful and spiral bound" and were going to be sent out soon?

Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing stuff from them...


Nope, and I live nearby, so I don't think you are missing anything. Hopefully they will come soon!

User avatar
Springsteen
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Springsteen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:33 pm

FYI, just in case anyone missed it, they posted next year's academic calendar, so we have a little bit better of an idea of dates and such. Here's our first semester:

8.16.10 Orientation for 1st year evening students
8.17.10 Legal Process, 1st year evening students
8.23.10 Orientation and Legal Process begins for 1st year day students
8.26.10 Legal Process Final Exam: 1st year day students
8.26.10 Legal Process; Submit final examination: 1st year evening students
8.30.10 CLASSES BEGIN FOR ALL STUDENTS
9.3.10 Last day to register for Fall 2010 semster: Add/Drop ends at 6:00pm
12.3.10 Last Day of Classes for all students: All term papers and independent studies due
12.8.10 Final Exam Period begins (12/8-12/20)
12.24.10 Winter Break - University Closed

Wingdw
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Wingdw » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Springsteen wrote:FYI, just in case anyone missed it, they posted next year's academic calendar, so we have a little bit better of an idea of dates and such. Here's our first semester:

8.16.10 Orientation for 1st year evening students
8.17.10 Legal Process, 1st year evening students
8.23.10 Orientation and Legal Process begins for 1st year day students
8.26.10 Legal Process Final Exam: 1st year day students
8.26.10 Legal Process; Submit final examination: 1st year evening students
8.30.10 CLASSES BEGIN FOR ALL STUDENTS
9.3.10 Last day to register for Fall 2010 semster: Add/Drop ends at 6:00pm
12.3.10 Last Day of Classes for all students: All term papers and independent studies due
12.8.10 Final Exam Period begins (12/8-12/20)
12.24.10 Winter Break - University Closed


Still leaves a solid week of partying during orientation for FT people :D

User avatar
Springsteen
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Springsteen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Wingdw wrote:
Springsteen wrote:FYI, just in case anyone missed it, they posted next year's academic calendar, so we have a little bit better of an idea of dates and such. Here's our first semester:

8.16.10 Orientation for 1st year evening students
8.17.10 Legal Process, 1st year evening students
8.23.10 Orientation and Legal Process begins for 1st year day students
8.26.10 Legal Process Final Exam: 1st year day students
8.26.10 Legal Process; Submit final examination: 1st year evening students
8.30.10 CLASSES BEGIN FOR ALL STUDENTS
9.3.10 Last day to register for Fall 2010 semster: Add/Drop ends at 6:00pm
12.3.10 Last Day of Classes for all students: All term papers and independent studies due
12.8.10 Final Exam Period begins (12/8-12/20)
12.24.10 Winter Break - University Closed


Still leaves a solid week of partying during orientation for FT people :D


Yup, definitely noticed that too :D

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beebs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:52 pm

Springsteen wrote:
Wingdw wrote:
Springsteen wrote:FYI, just in case anyone missed it, they posted next year's academic calendar, so we have a little bit better of an idea of dates and such. Here's our first semester:

8.16.10 Orientation for 1st year evening students
8.17.10 Legal Process, 1st year evening students
8.23.10 Orientation and Legal Process begins for 1st year day students
8.26.10 Legal Process Final Exam: 1st year day students
8.26.10 Legal Process; Submit final examination: 1st year evening students
8.30.10 CLASSES BEGIN FOR ALL STUDENTS
9.3.10 Last day to register for Fall 2010 semster: Add/Drop ends at 6:00pm
12.3.10 Last Day of Classes for all students: All term papers and independent studies due
12.8.10 Final Exam Period begins (12/8-12/20)
12.24.10 Winter Break - University Closed


Still leaves a solid week of partying during orientation for FT people :D


Yup, definitely noticed that too :D


Nice. Now we can schedule the 5-Borough. We should try for Friday the 27th if we don't have to be orientated any further. Otherwise Saturday the 28th.

By the way, who's all going to ASD tomorrow?

User avatar
Mattalones
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Mattalones » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:36 pm

.
Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wingdw
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Wingdw » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Mattalones wrote:I also noticed that week long break between orientation and classes: very nice!

I have a question about health club access. Does anyone know if there is a gym membership that comes with Fordham? I know that most LSs on university campuses have this for free or cheap, but Fordham is is a little center. I don't know if I'll be able to make it without de-stressing at the gym. I know that there will probably be other gyms, but it would be nice to stay within the community there by going to an affiliated school. Please let me know if you have any information on this because I am from CA and don't know the area like a lot of you might.

Thanks :-)


I believe this will help answer your question: http://law.fordham.edu/11714.htm

Also, to Beebs: I will be at the ASD tomorrow, regardless of the weather heh. I'll be the tall skinny blond kid... you can post or PM me if you want to just meet up beforehand.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest