Fordham Class of 2013/2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
beckstar
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beckstar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:28 pm

brooklyn for life!

lietx3
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby lietx3 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Well it will be official come this weekend. Ordered myself a Fordham Law hoodie and am sending in my deposit once I get my hands on my checkbook.

Orientation week boozing sounds grrrrrrreat! lol

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beebs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:54 pm

lietx3 wrote:Well it will be official come this weekend. Ordered myself a Fordham Law hoodie and am sending in my deposit once I get my hands on my checkbook.

Orientation week boozing sounds grrrrrrreat! lol


Awesome! Not going to lie, still pretty much wearing mine everyday since I bought it. Orientation week is going to be the highlight of the year -- maybe even better than Fleet Week.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:01 pm

beebs wrote:
lietx3 wrote:Well it will be official come this weekend. Ordered myself a Fordham Law hoodie and am sending in my deposit once I get my hands on my checkbook.

Orientation week boozing sounds grrrrrrreat! lol


Awesome! Not going to lie, still pretty much wearing mine everyday since I bought it. Orientation week is going to be the highlight of the year -- maybe even better than Fleet Week.



lol. you belong in my freshman hall.

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beebs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:10 pm

sibley wrote:
beebs wrote:
lietx3 wrote:Well it will be official come this weekend. Ordered myself a Fordham Law hoodie and am sending in my deposit once I get my hands on my checkbook.

Orientation week boozing sounds grrrrrrreat! lol


Awesome! Not going to lie, still pretty much wearing mine everyday since I bought it. Orientation week is going to be the highlight of the year -- maybe even better than Fleet Week.



lol. you belong in my freshman hall.


Haha. Seriously, given the choice between Fleet Week and Christmas, I'd take Fleet Week. There's just something about all those men in uniform...

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:13 pm

btw, if I end up going to another NY school, I'm coming on the five borough bar crawl. but I think we should avoid wearing any school paraphernalia just in case we are an embarrassment.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:31 pm

beebs wrote:
lietx3 wrote:Well it will be official come this weekend. Ordered myself a Fordham Law hoodie and am sending in my deposit once I get my hands on my checkbook.

Orientation week boozing sounds grrrrrrreat! lol


Awesome! Not going to lie, still pretty much wearing mine everyday since I bought it. Orientation week is going to be the highlight of the year -- maybe even better than Fleet Week.


Fleet week = my birthday week. NY <3's me

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beebs » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:05 am

sibley wrote:btw, if I end up going to another NY school, I'm coming on the five borough bar crawl. but I think we should avoid wearing any school paraphernalia [strike]just in case we are[/strike] because we will be an embarrassment.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:16 am

beebs wrote:
sibley wrote:btw, if I end up going to another NY school, I'm coming on the five borough bar crawl. but I think we should avoid wearing any school paraphernalia [strike]just in case we are[/strike] because we will be an embarrassment.

:mrgreen:

texaspecial88
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby texaspecial88 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:19 am

Is anybody out there heading to the PT program straight out of college?

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby js87 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:31 am

Anyone going to the admitted student event on Feb 26? There is no information besides the date and time on the admitted student website. Does anyone know how we RSVP or find an itinerary? It seems odd that it starts at 5:00 PM.

nygiants
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby nygiants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:56 am

js87 wrote:Anyone going to the admitted student event on Feb 26? There is no information besides the date and time on the admitted student website. Does anyone know how we RSVP or find an itinerary? It seems odd that it starts at 5:00 PM.


They will email it I'm sure... I might go depending on the itinerary (if its different from the last ASD).

nygiants
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby nygiants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:09 pm

I just tried submitting the financial aid pdf... when i clicked submit, nothing happened... has anyone else had this problem?

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beebs » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:02 pm

js87 wrote:Anyone going to the admitted student event on Feb 26? There is no information besides the date and time on the admitted student website. Does anyone know how we RSVP or find an itinerary? It seems odd that it starts at 5:00 PM.


I had to miss the last one, so I'll definitely be there for this one.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 pm

beebs wrote:
js87 wrote:Anyone going to the admitted student event on Feb 26? There is no information besides the date and time on the admitted student website. Does anyone know how we RSVP or find an itinerary? It seems odd that it starts at 5:00 PM.


I had to miss the last one, so I'll definitely be there for this one.


If I get an acceptance by then I'll come.

It's nice that it starts at 5pm-means people working in the area won't have to take a full day off.

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beebs » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:32 pm

So this is probably premature, but it's snowing and I'm not feeling great, so I geeked out in Illustrator this evening. Where I come from, we do t-shirts for bar crawls. I feel a little nerdy putting this up, but here goes.

Image
Image

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:45 pm

beebs wrote:So this is probably premature, but it's snowing and I'm not feeling great, so I geeked out in Illustrator this evening. Where I come from, we do t-shirts for bar crawls. I feel a little nerdy putting this up, but here goes.

Image
Image



I love you.


We can write our names on the back in silver sharpie and go all out...

GoNU
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby GoNU » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:02 am

I know you guys r sold on Fordham..its definitely on my list. Curious what your opinions are re NY placement for big law. Would you pick Fordham over USC or Wash U? Lets say you were top quartile of all three schools.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:05 am

GoNU wrote:I know you guys r sold on Fordham..its definitely on my list. Curious what your opinions are re NY placement for big law. Would you pick Fordham over USC or Wash U? Lets say you were top quartile of all three schools.



For NY law? I'd definitely pick Fordham over those two. Easier to make connections... plus I'd really hate to have to move every summer for jobs.

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beebs » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:13 am

GoNU wrote:I know you guys r sold on Fordham..its definitely on my list. Curious what your opinions are re NY placement for big law. Would you pick Fordham over USC or Wash U? Lets say you were top quartile of all three schools.


I was actually considering between these three schools. For me, the final decision came down to a simple question: Where (what location) do I want to spent 3 years of mid-twenties? I have no idea who I'll be in three years, where I'll want to live, and what I'll want to do. But, where do I want to be right now? That question was an easy one. New York, of course. I've lived here for over a year now and I love it. I love the lifestyle, the diversity, the craziness, and all the opportunities. Big Law? Who knows. But I like knowing that I'm going to school in the biggest legal market in the country. At the end of the day, it's all about your networking abilities anyway. Who you know > what you know.

User avatar
Springsteen
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Springsteen » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:16 am

beebs wrote:So this is probably premature, but it's snowing and I'm not feeling great, so I geeked out in Illustrator this evening. Where I come from, we do t-shirts for bar crawls. I feel a little nerdy putting this up, but here goes.

Image
Image


That's awesome!

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby LaurenGayle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:25 am

Springsteen wrote:
beebs wrote:So this is probably premature, but it's snowing and I'm not feeling great, so I geeked out in Illustrator this evening. Where I come from, we do t-shirts for bar crawls. I feel a little nerdy putting this up, but here goes.

Image
Image


That's awesome!


OMG I love it!

Do we have to go to SI though? Can't we just drink alcohol out of paper bags on the ferry and call it a day? ;-)

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:14 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
Springsteen wrote:
beebs wrote:So this is probably premature, but it's snowing and I'm not feeling great, so I geeked out in Illustrator this evening. Where I come from, we do t-shirts for bar crawls. I feel a little nerdy putting this up, but here goes.

Image
Image


That's awesome!


OMG I love it!

Do we have to go to SI though? Can't we just drink alcohol out of paper bags on the ferry and call it a day? ;-)


This is a worthwhile suggestion. We'll hop off the ferry, take another swig, hop back on. The ferry's nice enough, and that time of year we'll have a nice time on the deck staring at the statue of liberty and telling her drunken things.
Maybe there's a bar right near the terminal? AT the terminal even?

lietx3
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby lietx3 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:24 am

hahah the shirt is awesome. It better happen!

As far as the Wash U v Fordham question - I picked Fordham because it places better in NY than Wash U would. Wash U is also known in academic circles but fails to gain the recognition it deserves from those that aren't "in the know" so to speak. Plus living in NYC vs St. Louis...

Placement stats for 08 http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... hbxlogin=1

Don't know much about USC so can't help you there.

Edit: Wash U isn't on there but USC is. Fordham and USC are comparable in Big Law placement and I would think that Fordham would have a leg up in placing in NY just because of alumni and location (though I have no empirical data to back it).

User avatar
beebs
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beebs » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:52 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: They sell beer ON the ferry. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest