Fordham Class of 2013/2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
vinc
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:43 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby vinc » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:37 pm

nmkraz wrote:anyone in section 12?


yup i am.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Section 11 anyone?

User avatar
Springsteen
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Springsteen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Huluba23 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Huluba23 wrote:How is everybody figuring out their sections? Is it the numbers right after the subject, for example mine says Legal Writing/Research 7 does that mean im in section 7?


Yes. At least it meant that last year!


Nice! Thanx! Anybody else in section 7????


Yup!

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby hannah87 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:08 pm

eightdaysaweek wrote:
hannah87 wrote:yay i'm glad this worked for all of us! if my classes are followed by "001" (except for property which says "004"), does it mean i'm in section 1? i feel dumb.


I am in section 1 too. Haha but i feel dumb too.. what exactly does it mean when under Days it says, R or TR, or WR??


yay! took me a while to figure out the "WR" business, too :mrgreen:

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby LaurenGayle » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:32 am

kaydish21 wrote:
starsong wrote:
empire84 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:i just logged into my.fordham.edu and clicked the Student tab, the the My Courses link and i see a list of 4 courses (no days/times)...anyone else have this?


same. section 5 here. classes: contracts, criminal, and property.

ditto. section 3 though, same three classes (contracts, criminal, property).


double ditto, section 6 tho, and I'm game for a happy hour before orientation. Jake's Dilemma is a decent bar not too far from Fordham, and that Lansky's place looks awesome, good tip there.

Edit: To add I'm in Judge Chin's Legal Writing class also, pretty pumped.


Section 6 as well!!

nygiants
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby nygiants » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:49 am

Section 6 here also, Legal writing is going to be awesome... to those who got neustadt, enjoy.... he taught the law preview section on legal writing, and is hilarious

User avatar
kaydish21
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby kaydish21 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:30 am

This may be a question for OS or older students, but on the orientation letter it states "If your professors have assigned readings for the first day of class, these assignments will be posted on the Registrar's page the week of August 16th. Although these assignments are posted, we strongly recommend that you wait until the first day of Orientation to purchase your textbooks."

Why wait until the first day? Anyone have theories?

User avatar
Springsteen
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Springsteen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:46 am

kaydish21 wrote:This may be a question for OS or older students, but on the orientation letter it states "If your professors have assigned readings for the first day of class, these assignments will be posted on the Registrar's page the week of August 16th. Although these assignments are posted, we strongly recommend that you wait until the first day of Orientation to purchase your textbooks."

Why wait until the first day? Anyone have theories?


More $$$? Seems like the later we'd buy, the pricier they'd be.

Citizen Snipz
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:57 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Citizen Snipz » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:27 pm

Section 2 here I think...

Are there any boxer's here? I'm looking for a (affordable) boxing gym in the midtown area, if such a thing exists. I imagine there's going to be many days this coming term when punching something will be very therapeutic.

SaraT
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby SaraT » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Section 6 here too! :)

eightdaysaweek
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby eightdaysaweek » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:09 pm

hannah87 wrote:
eightdaysaweek wrote:
hannah87 wrote:yay i'm glad this worked for all of us! if my classes are followed by "001" (except for property which says "004"), does it mean i'm in section 1? i feel dumb.


I am in section 1 too. Haha but i feel dumb too.. what exactly does it mean when under Days it says, R or TR, or WR??


yay! took me a while to figure out the "WR" business, too :mrgreen:



hahah phew... you would think they'd stick a comma in there or something to separate the W and R

agirenkov
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby agirenkov » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Can anyone please help me out with the legend here:

That's class name, followed by section name, then class code, then what's the last number? (053)

CRIMINAL LAW 11 & 12 - CRGL 0103 - 053

User avatar
beckstar
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby beckstar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:29 pm

wait where are you seeing the class days?

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:30 pm

beckstar wrote:wait where are you seeing the class days?


I did it by looking at each individual class calendars -- not sure how everyone else did it.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:40 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
beckstar wrote:wait where are you seeing the class days?


I did it by looking at each individual class calendars -- not sure how everyone else did it.


I think people are confused by the layout of the pages.
Go to My.fordham. On the upper left corner, click on the "student" tab.
Middle of the page, click on Banner Self Service.
Click on the Student folder.
Click on Registration.
TADA.

(While we're at it, anyone else in section 12 or 11/12 (crim)?)

User avatar
JigarP
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:42 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby JigarP » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:52 am

Section 2 here!

And i am also interested in doing happy hour, it sounds like a great idea :D

nmkraz
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby nmkraz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:01 am

(While we're at it, anyone else in section 12 or 11/12 (crim)?)[/quote]


i'm in 12.

User avatar
Springsteen
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Springsteen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:10 am

Anyone interested in doing the Happy Hour at Prohibition (Columbus bet. 84th and 85th)? I've heard good things about the place, but I'm welcome to suggestions from people who know the area better. We should set something up soon!

nygiants
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby nygiants » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:38 am

Springsteen wrote:Anyone interested in doing the Happy Hour at Prohibition (Columbus bet. 84th and 85th)? I've heard good things about the place, but I'm welcome to suggestions from people who know the area better. We should set something up soon!


Are you planning a happy hour for during the week of orientation or before? I'm not moving in until only a few days before orientation, don't want to miss it!

User avatar
Springsteen
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby Springsteen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:43 am

nygiants wrote:
Springsteen wrote:Anyone interested in doing the Happy Hour at Prohibition (Columbus bet. 84th and 85th)? I've heard good things about the place, but I'm welcome to suggestions from people who know the area better. We should set something up soon!


Are you planning a happy hour for during the week of orientation or before? I'm not moving in until only a few days before orientation, don't want to miss it!


Haven't set an exact date, but I think the week of orientation would probably be most convenient if everyone is cool with that.

User avatar
kaydish21
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby kaydish21 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Springsteen wrote:
nygiants wrote:
Springsteen wrote:Anyone interested in doing the Happy Hour at Prohibition (Columbus bet. 84th and 85th)? I've heard good things about the place, but I'm welcome to suggestions from people who know the area better. We should set something up soon!


Are you planning a happy hour for during the week of orientation or before? I'm not moving in until only a few days before orientation, don't want to miss it!


Haven't set an exact date, but I think the week of orientation would probably be most convenient if everyone is cool with that.


And probably also the easiest to coordinate. Sounds good.

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby jk11287 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:43 pm

I vote for like, Monday of orientation for because I'm sure we're all going to be really excited/confused with tons of questions, etc.

Also, I think I'm in section 13...anyone else? That's what it says after my LRW but I have 3 and 4 after Crim, Property and Torts. I'm so confused.

edit: i think im actually in section 7.
Last edited by jk11287 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kryptix
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby kryptix » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:55 pm

Anyone know the rationale behind not buying books early? Can our courses still change?

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby jk11287 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:56 pm

kryptix wrote:Anyone know the rationale behind not buying books early? Can our courses still change?

I'm not sure, but I'm comparing the bookstore vs. amazon right now, and it seems like they are about 20 bucks cheaper on amazon (Criminal law text: 164 at Lincoln Center, 146 on amazon).

edit: sorry, its only a few books that are cheaper. the rest are the same, plus you'd have to pay shipping. disregard me.

nygiants
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2013/2014

Postby nygiants » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:11 pm

I was checking out my books @ the bookstore website, one of my classes, Criminal Law 5&6 (CRGL-0103-005) isn't listed... anyone else have this problem?




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest