Notre Dame Fightin Irish

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
rocross1
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:20 am

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby rocross1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:50 pm

bruinsbaseball wrote:complete 12/1

no sign. suck it notre dame.


Dude, wrong thread. Go post this in the acceptance n denials forum. This is for people who plan on attending ND. Besides I don't know what you are complaining about you applied late and it has only been a couple of months. I would say maybe ND thinks you suck it.

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby fulkersonr1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Sounds interesting and an example of how at Notre Dame there are ample opportunities to approach the law from different perspectives and learn more than black letter law.

http://law.nd.edu/news/14619-taking-law-to-the-stage

Anyone else starting to get really excited for the start of the school year? I know its a ways off but still.

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby sckon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:40 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:Sounds interesting and an example of how at Notre Dame there are ample opportunities to approach the law from different perspectives and learn more than black letter law.

http://law.nd.edu/news/14619-taking-law-to-the-stage

Anyone else starting to get really excited for the start of the school year? I know its a ways off but still.



This was pretty cool. I am in the "I want school to start" boat too. I just want to move down and start the next three years ASAP.

User avatar
UrbanAchievers
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby UrbanAchievers » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:37 pm

I got my acceptance today via email. My fiancee and I couldn't be happier. We're planning on attending the open house in April. This won't be our first trip to South Bend though; I'm a life-long Fighting Irish fan and I co-opted her into fanhood when we first met.

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby fulkersonr1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:37 am

UrbanAchievers wrote:I got my acceptance today via email. My fiancee and I couldn't be happier. We're planning on attending the open house in April. This won't be our first trip to South Bend though; I'm a life-long Fighting Irish fan and I co-opted her into fanhood when we first met.


It would be a pleasure to attend law school with The Dude! I sincerely hope there are some Lebowski themed teams in the spring bowling league.

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby clint4law » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:46 am

I was admitted to ND and I'm real excited. However, despite my decent numbers I was given no $$$. What do you guys think is the best way to go about requesting some $? I've already been admitted by a T14 (with no $) so I don't have much leverage.

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby sckon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:06 am

clint4law wrote:I was admitted to ND and I'm real excited. However, despite my decent numbers I was given no $$$. What do you guys think is the best way to go about requesting some $? I've already been admitted by a T14 (with no $) so I don't have much leverage.



Someone said, and although unverified, that the money pool was dried up already? My guess would be send a nice email with the reasons why you want to attend ND and maybe use some other offers as leverage. Couldn't hurt to try.

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby sckon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:07 am

fulkersonr1 wrote:
UrbanAchievers wrote:I got my acceptance today via email. My fiancee and I couldn't be happier. We're planning on attending the open house in April. This won't be our first trip to South Bend though; I'm a life-long Fighting Irish fan and I co-opted her into fanhood when we first met.


It would be a pleasure to attend law school with The Dude! I sincerely hope there are some Lebowski themed teams in the spring bowling league.


This.

User avatar
UrbanAchievers
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby UrbanAchievers » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:50 am

sckon wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:
UrbanAchievers wrote:I got my acceptance today via email. My fiancee and I couldn't be happier. We're planning on attending the open house in April. This won't be our first trip to South Bend though; I'm a life-long Fighting Irish fan and I co-opted her into fanhood when we first met.


It would be a pleasure to attend law school with The Dude! I sincerely hope there are some Lebowski themed teams in the spring bowling league.


This.

Consider it a done deal.

Donny Kerabotsos wrote:I'm throwing rocks tonight!

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby clint4law » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:36 pm

sckon wrote:
clint4law wrote:I was admitted to ND and I'm real excited. However, despite my decent numbers I was given no $$$. What do you guys think is the best way to go about requesting some $? I've already been admitted by a T14 (with no $) so I don't have much leverage.



Someone said, and although unverified, that the money pool was dried up already? My guess would be send a nice email with the reasons why you want to attend ND and maybe use some other offers as leverage. Couldn't hurt to try.


thanks.....would i address the email to melissa?

User avatar
edgarderby
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby edgarderby » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:01 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:
UrbanAchievers wrote:I got my acceptance today via email. My fiancee and I couldn't be happier. We're planning on attending the open house in April. This won't be our first trip to South Bend though; I'm a life-long Fighting Irish fan and I co-opted her into fanhood when we first met.


It would be a pleasure to attend law school with The Dude! I sincerely hope there are some Lebowski themed teams in the spring bowling league.



Our bowling team was called the little lebowski under achievers, but we changed it to cool story bro so we could make a website and non run afoul of trademark concerns.

As far as I know, we're the only Notre Dame Bowling Team with an official website.

http://www.coolstorybrobowling.info

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby sckon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:22 pm

clint4law wrote:
sckon wrote:
clint4law wrote:I was admitted to ND and I'm real excited. However, despite my decent numbers I was given no $$$. What do you guys think is the best way to go about requesting some $? I've already been admitted by a T14 (with no $) so I don't have much leverage.



Someone said, and although unverified, that the money pool was dried up already? My guess would be send a nice email with the reasons why you want to attend ND and maybe use some other offers as leverage. Couldn't hurt to try.


thanks.....would i address the email to melissa?


yes.

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby sckon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:28 pm

UrbanAchievers wrote:
sckon wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:
UrbanAchievers wrote:I got my acceptance today via email. My fiancee and I couldn't be happier. We're planning on attending the open house in April. This won't be our first trip to South Bend though; I'm a life-long Fighting Irish fan and I co-opted her into fanhood when we first met.


It would be a pleasure to attend law school with The Dude! I sincerely hope there are some Lebowski themed teams in the spring bowling league.


This.

Consider it a done deal.

Donny Kerabotsos wrote:I'm throwing rocks tonight!


That rug really tied the room together.

User avatar
longhornem
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:47 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby longhornem » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:32 pm

edgarderby wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:
UrbanAchievers wrote:I got my acceptance today via email. My fiancee and I couldn't be happier. We're planning on attending the open house in April. This won't be our first trip to South Bend though; I'm a life-long Fighting Irish fan and I co-opted her into fanhood when we first met.


It would be a pleasure to attend law school with The Dude! I sincerely hope there are some Lebowski themed teams in the spring bowling league.



Our bowling team was called the little lebowski under achievers, but we changed it to cool story bro so we could make a website and non run afoul of trademark concerns.

As far as I know, we're the only Notre Dame Bowling Team with an official website.

http://www.coolstorybrobowling.info


Jackie Treehorn Productions also exists in this spring's league.

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby fulkersonr1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:44 pm

longhornem wrote:
edgarderby wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:
UrbanAchievers wrote:I got my acceptance today via email. My fiancee and I couldn't be happier. We're planning on attending the open house in April. This won't be our first trip to South Bend though; I'm a life-long Fighting Irish fan and I co-opted her into fanhood when we first met.


It would be a pleasure to attend law school with The Dude! I sincerely hope there are some Lebowski themed teams in the spring bowling league.



Our bowling team was called the little lebowski under achievers, but we changed it to cool story bro so we could make a website and non run afoul of trademark concerns.

As far as I know, we're the only Notre Dame Bowling Team with an official website.

http://www.coolstorybrobowling.info


Jackie Treehorn Productions also exists in this spring's league.



Awesome!

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby fulkersonr1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Received a letter with a list of March alumni luncheons. Im going to go to the one in Nashville. Also decided will for sure be going to the March ASD.

User avatar
edgarderby
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby edgarderby » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:46 pm

longhornem wrote:
edgarderby wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:
UrbanAchievers wrote:I got my acceptance today via email. My fiancee and I couldn't be happier. We're planning on attending the open house in April. This won't be our first trip to South Bend though; I'm a life-long Fighting Irish fan and I co-opted her into fanhood when we first met.


It would be a pleasure to attend law school with The Dude! I sincerely hope there are some Lebowski themed teams in the spring bowling league.



Our bowling team was called the little lebowski under achievers, but we changed it to cool story bro so we could make a website and non run afoul of trademark concerns.

As far as I know, we're the only Notre Dame Bowling Team with an official website.

http://www.coolstorybrobowling.info


Jackie Treehorn Productions also exists in this spring's league.


You're still around these parts?

User avatar
longhornem
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:47 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby longhornem » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:52 pm

edgarderby wrote:
longhornem wrote:
edgarderby wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:
It would be a pleasure to attend law school with The Dude! I sincerely hope there are some Lebowski themed teams in the spring bowling league.



Our bowling team was called the little lebowski under achievers, but we changed it to cool story bro so we could make a website and non run afoul of trademark concerns.

As far as I know, we're the only Notre Dame Bowling Team with an official website.

http://www.coolstorybrobowling.info


Jackie Treehorn Productions also exists in this spring's league.


You're still around these parts?


From time to time. Cleaning your office?

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby jbrowning82 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:32 am

Hey, first time posting in here. I got accepted last month with $20k per year. I'm not 100% sure I'll be attending. I'm waiting on Georgetown, UNC, and USC. UNC would have to match the scholarship offer and USC would have to come close. But I'm really excited about the prospect of being in South Bend next year.

Currently a Peace Corps volunteer in Cameroon until this June, so I won't be able to go to any of the ASDs but I might send my dad as my proxy to the one in April if he can find the time. Look forward to meeting some of you in the fall.

Also I'll probably be using this topic to solicit a roommate as well. I'm thinking Indian Lakes is going to be the place if I do end up enrolling.

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby UFMatt » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Anyone else interested in the London 2L program? I assume they base entrance into the program upon 1L GPA. The opportunity to study in London, much less at the corner of Trafalgar Square is remarkable. My only concern is the immense cost of living.

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby fulkersonr1 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:27 pm

UFMatt wrote:Anyone else interested in the London 2L program? I assume they base entrance into the program upon 1L GPA. The opportunity to study in London, much less at the corner of Trafalgar Square is remarkable. My only concern is the immense cost of living.


I think the program is open to all 2Ls who are interested I do not believe there is any GPA requirement. It would be awesome but COL in London is enormous. If I can find 3 or 4 people to share a small flat with I to offset the cost I will prob do it.

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby sckon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:47 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:
UFMatt wrote:Anyone else interested in the London 2L program? I assume they base entrance into the program upon 1L GPA. The opportunity to study in London, much less at the corner of Trafalgar Square is remarkable. My only concern is the immense cost of living.


I think the program is open to all 2Ls who are interested I do not believe there is any GPA requirement. It would be awesome but COL in London is enormous. If I can find 3 or 4 people to share a small flat with I to offset the cost I will prob do it.


I thought I had read somewhere that the school takes this into consideration and gives some more merit based aid for those going to London. Can anyone else confirm this?

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby jbrowning82 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:35 am

I'm definitely considering the London program if I do very well my first year. If I don't do so well I'll want to stick around at home and focus on that, but especially with my scholarship to outweigh the wild COL I think it'd be a great opportunity.

My only concern is that after spending the last 2 years abroad maybe I should just stick to America for a while. London sorta kills South Bend though, dudn't it?

ndpfn
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby ndpfn » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:35 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:I'm definitely considering the London program if I do very well my first year. If I don't do so well I'll want to stick around at home and focus on that, but especially with my scholarship to outweigh the wild COL I think it'd be a great opportunity.

My only concern is that after spending the last 2 years abroad maybe I should just stick to America for a while. London sorta kills South Bend though, dudn't it?




From someone who did UG at ND, South Bend offers just enough to do so that you don't hate the place, but it's not Chicago, it's not DC, it's barely even a "college town" (though they're trying hard to change it). All you really need is Friday at Finnigans or Oyster Bar and a Saturday football game followed by dinner at Rocco's and a nightcap at the Backer, and you'll love the place. It's an awesome place to be "stuck" at for 3 years, and with it's strong placement in Chicago and DC, there are certainly worse options out there. (Plus the LS is about 200 yards from the stadium.)

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:45 pm

Came home from a long weekend away to three Notre Dame letters...one from a ND alum partner at a big firm in my city, then stuff on the luncheon and then some more luncheon information.

Love it. Love them. They make me feel good about myself.

Will anyone be in South Bend the night BEFORE the ASD on the 19th? I have to fly out the night of the thing to be home by eeeearly Saturday morning, but was hoping I might be able to catch a drink or bunch of drinks with someone Thursday night.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest