BuffaloSabres137 wrote:scionb4 wrote:After this last football season, I don't think they really can be called the "Fightin" Irish. Nowadays they're more like the "Bending Over to grab their Dropped Soap in a Prison Shower" Irish. Maybe they'll get better now that they stole Brian Kelly and made him ditch out on what would have been the most important game in his life just so he could prove his subservience to to them. However, I think it's much more likely that in 5 years, he'll be getting axed just like Weis did. But, you never know, they could step up their game next year and actually beat the (I can't say this with a straight face ) football powerhouse that is Navy.
1. Let's try to keep our posts up to the standard of class that us Notre Dame students carry with us at all times.
2. Anyone with any knowledge about the way coaching in the FBS works knows that every second spent assembling a staff and recruiting players matters. Coach Kelly had to get here right away to make sure that he put his new team in the best position to win right away.
3. Notre Dame is the most elite program in the history of college football. Is it fair to hate on Coach Kelly for being excited about his dream job at the school he dreamed about as a Catholic kid growing up in Boston? I mean come on, you can't write that stuff!
4. Unlike our "elite" competitors, I would make the claim that Notre Dame football players are probably LEAST likely to find themselves in the situation you described above. Our players get diplomas, not jail-time.
5. What did that post have to do with NDLS?
6. Every 20 years "experts" claim that Notre Dame will never win again for a myriad of reasons. It happened prior to Parseghian and Holtz, both of whom won National Championships. I therefore welcome all "experts" making the same claim as Kelly takes over.
7. I am writing my senior thesis on the meaning of the term "Fightin' Irish" so send me a PM if you want any further explanation.
8. Really, what did that post have to do with NDLS?
Well, the OP said, and I quote verbatim, "Talk about Coaches, Housing, Professors, Interest, any and all things ND. So, I figured I would put in my 2 cents about how unbelievably dick-ish it was of Brian Kelly to abandon his team at their moment of glory to go coach an abysmal program that will fire his ass in 5 years anyways. So, if this thread had solely been about their law school, I would have held my peace. But, the OP opened up a can of worms when he/she said that we could talk about coaches.