Notre Dame Fightin Irish

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
scionb4

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:43 pm

BuffaloSabres137 wrote:
scionb4 wrote:After this last football season, I don't think they really can be called the "Fightin" Irish. Nowadays they're more like the "Bending Over to grab their Dropped Soap in a Prison Shower" Irish. Maybe they'll get better now that they stole Brian Kelly and made him ditch out on what would have been the most important game in his life just so he could prove his subservience to to them. However, I think it's much more likely that in 5 years, he'll be getting axed just like Weis did. But, you never know, they could step up their game next year and actually beat the (I can't say this with a straight face :lol: ) football powerhouse that is Navy.

1. Let's try to keep our posts up to the standard of class that us Notre Dame students carry with us at all times.

2. Anyone with any knowledge about the way coaching in the FBS works knows that every second spent assembling a staff and recruiting players matters. Coach Kelly had to get here right away to make sure that he put his new team in the best position to win right away.

3. Notre Dame is the most elite program in the history of college football. Is it fair to hate on Coach Kelly for being excited about his dream job at the school he dreamed about as a Catholic kid growing up in Boston? I mean come on, you can't write that stuff!

4. Unlike our "elite" competitors, I would make the claim that Notre Dame football players are probably LEAST likely to find themselves in the situation you described above. Our players get diplomas, not jail-time.

5. What did that post have to do with NDLS?

6. Every 20 years "experts" claim that Notre Dame will never win again for a myriad of reasons. It happened prior to Parseghian and Holtz, both of whom won National Championships. I therefore welcome all "experts" making the same claim as Kelly takes over.

7. I am writing my senior thesis on the meaning of the term "Fightin' Irish" so send me a PM if you want any further explanation.

8. Really, what did that post have to do with NDLS?

GO IRISH!

Well, the OP said, and I quote verbatim, "Talk about Coaches, Housing, Professors, Interest, any and all things ND. So, I figured I would put in my 2 cents about how unbelievably dick-ish it was of Brian Kelly to abandon his team at their moment of glory to go coach an abysmal program that will fire his ass in 5 years anyways. So, if this thread had solely been about their law school, I would have held my peace. But, the OP opened up a can of worms when he/she said that we could talk about coaches.

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:50 pm

scionb4 wrote:Well, the OP said, and I quote verbatim, "Talk about Coaches, Housing, Professors, Interest, any and all things ND. So, I figured I would put in my 2 cents about how unbelievably dick-ish it was of Brian Kelly to abandon his team at their moment of glory to go coach an abysmal program that will fire his ass in 5 years anyways. So, if this thread had solely been about their law school, I would have held my peace. But, the OP opened up a can of worms when he/she said that we could talk about coaches.

Talk about obeying the letter of the [strike]law[/strike] thread, but ignoring the spirit.

fulkersonr1

Postby fulkersonr1 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:05 pm

UFMatt wrote:
scionb4 wrote:Well, the OP said, and I quote verbatim, "Talk about Coaches, Housing, Professors, Interest, any and all things ND. So, I figured I would put in my 2 cents about how unbelievably dick-ish it was of Brian Kelly to abandon his team at their moment of glory to go coach an abysmal program that will fire his ass in 5 years anyways. So, if this thread had solely been about their law school, I would have held my peace. But, the OP opened up a can of worms when he/she said that we could talk about coaches.

Talk about obeying the letter of the [strike]law[/strike] thread, but ignoring the spirit.

+1. Here's hoping useful talk for future and prospective students returns.

fulkersonr1

Postby fulkersonr1 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:14 pm

BuffaloSabres137 wrote:That catalog was amazing! Where can I buy all of that? I have never seen NDLS stuff in the bookstore, but they do slap ND logos on just about anything you could ever think of and sell it at ridiculous prices.

As for parietals, the times are 12 on weekdays and 2 on weekends, never 10 and never at all if you live in Alumni Hall... I probably shouldn't say that as a future AR though. :D Either way, parietals are not a concern for grad students living off campus or in graduate housing.

Can't wait to rock my "IRISH LAW" hoodie on campus!

IIRC there is a shop in the law school where you can buy some stuff or you can order online.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:22 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:
UFMatt wrote:

I'm sorry, congrats on getting admitted. You should be very proud. I was just kind of rooting for the Bearcats, that's all.

fulkersonr1

Postby fulkersonr1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:13 am

scionb4 wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:
UFMatt wrote:

I'm sorry, congrats on getting admitted. You should be very proud. I was just kind of rooting for the Bearcats, that's all.

No big deal. I just wasn't wanting to see the whole thread become a debate on Brian Kelly.

rocross1

Postby rocross1 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Chill me amigos, one this thread is for NDLS 2013 student's not haters, two there is no debate on BK he is a baller.
We need to bring the Irish spirit back it has lulled so watch these videos and get the eye of the tiger back!!! Here come the Irish, I am excited to the point of insanity about going there next year. We need to get to page 10 on solid enthusiasm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUebmJjDuu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGHdeEXH7js

sckon

Postby sckon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:12 pm

sigh...cant it just be august already?

UrbanAchievers

Postby UrbanAchievers » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:18 pm

It's ok if I post here as an Irish hopeful, right? I'm really hoping for good news next week in week 8 of my ND app cycle. I received a generous offer from University of Illinois, and ND is the only realistic prospect that would pull me away from that school.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:38 pm

UrbanAchievers wrote:It's ok if I post here as an Irish hopeful, right? I'm really hoping for good news next week in week 8 of my ND app cycle. I received a generous offer from University of Illinois, and ND is the only realistic prospect that would pull me away from that school.

ugh, next week starts my 15th week of waiting.

why oh why ND!?!

sckon

Postby sckon » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:03 pm

I feel there are like only 3-4 of us posting in here. Sad. Anyone doing anything fun/exciting before law school?

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 pm

sckon wrote:I feel there are like only 3-4 of us posting in here. Sad. Anyone doing anything fun/exciting before law school?

I read this a lot, but i typically dont have as much to add as I would like. Big ND Football fan, ive been to campus a handful of times for games, its an awesome place to be. Im not sure if i made this comment in this thread or the other one, but there was a ND bball game on the other day on ESPN and there was an epidemic of pasty whiteness running rampant. It made me :(

Anyway, I have big plans that im really excited about. Im travelling around the world. 4+ months, 5 continents, 17 countries. Basically going to all the places Ive wanted to go to but didnt have the time/money to. Needless to say, im pumped.

goblue2010

Postby goblue2010 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:56 pm

is anyone going to the visit day on march 19? nd is one of my top choices... want to see if they will up my $ offer. but that pdf with the students was pretty funny.

rocross1

Postby rocross1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:01 pm

goblue2010 wrote:is anyone going to the visit day on march 19? nd is one of my top choices... want to see if they will up my $ offer. but that pdf with the students was pretty funny.

Yea I will be there the 19th.

fulkersonr1

Postby fulkersonr1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:33 am

sckon wrote:I feel there are like only 3-4 of us posting in here. Sad. Anyone doing anything fun/exciting before law school?

We are a bar of regulars haha. Don't think too much exciting happening for me. I may go to a wedding in Europe in the summer but not for sure.

t_flores08

Postby t_flores08 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:49 am

Just got back from South Bend today. Went on Thursday/Friday and went to the basketball game against Cincinatti and did a tour the following day. I had a great time and the visit pretty much sealed the deal for me. I am going again on March 19 for the ASD and plan to give my deposit then. I HIGHLY recommend everyone checking out the campus and the area. It is really something else (the area not so much, lol).

Smoyf

Postby Smoyf » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Hey guys, I'm a current 1L at ND. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer! Otherwise congrats on your acceptances and I'll see you guys next year!

vanstone22

Postby vanstone22 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm not quite ready to say I'm 100% going to ND, but I am visiting in March for the ASD. Anyone else going?

WUSTL has my attention as well

BuffaloSabres137

Postby BuffaloSabres137 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:37 am

I will be there in March as well. What's all this hatin on our really really incredibly good looking student body for our collective pale complexion? We are the "Irish" after all...

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:02 pm

I can officially join!!

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm planning on attending the March ASD. Looking forward to seeing the campus and meeting everyone.

PS - welcome, Veritas!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:09 pm

sckon wrote:Veritas by posting in this thread you have committed to a binding agreement, by which, upon your future acceptance, you will attend Notre Dame. Penalty for violating this agreement will be a fine of two internets which must be paid in full and immediately.

:D

I think i have to follow through with that. :mrgreen:

sckon

Postby sckon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:32 pm

Holy cow man congrats! Good things come to those who wait. What is your plan of action going forward?

bruinsbaseball

Postby bruinsbaseball » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:34 pm

complete 12/1

no sign. suck it notre dame.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:47 pm

sckon wrote:Holy cow man congrats! Good things come to those who wait. What is your plan of action going forward?

wait for the packet and see if there is any $$$.

(but really there are only a couple schools that can compete, for me!)

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”