Notre Dame Fightin Irish

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Pearalegal

Re: Notre Dame Fightin Irish

Postby Pearalegal » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:51 am

sckon

Postby sckon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:21 pm

I so want that too...

fulkersonr1

Postby fulkersonr1 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Pretty cool article. Linked from the law school website the whole article is on Huff Post. About relief efforts in Haiti and a ND program there. One of the administrators is a law school alum from the LLM in human rights program.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nick-dema ... 40658.html

sckon

Postby sckon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:23 pm

I enjoyed that article too. Pretty cool indeed.

dantimreynolds

Postby dantimreynolds » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Because I know how much you guys like ND Stuff:
http://www.nd.edu/~ndlaw/sba/Catalog08.pdf

These are all NDLS students btw.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:10 pm

dantimreynolds wrote:Because I know how much you guys like ND Stuff:

hahaha what the crap.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Pearalegal wrote:

hahaha what the crap.

:lol: zomg plz let me in

sckon

Postby sckon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm

If I am not selected for that catalog I am transferring to an ugly law school asap.

sckon

Postby sckon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:13 pm

Veritas wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:

hahaha what the crap.

:lol: zomg plz let me in

You should send them a tape (yes I said tape) of "Quit playing games with my heart" on it.

sckon

Postby sckon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:03 pm

There needs to be a future class of 2013 outing like they had last year. Just throwing it out there.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:28 pm

The theme of the outing can be, "take pearalegal out from work."

Still heeereeee. I actually just went for a run waiting for my assignment.

fulkersonr1

Postby fulkersonr1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:24 am

sckon wrote:There needs to be a future class of 2013 outing like they had last year. Just throwing it out there.

+1

fulkersonr1

Postby fulkersonr1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:58 am

I don't know if anyone else has gotten in the habit of glancing at the ND paper The Observer. The links at the bottom include previous Observer articles but also sometimes include links to The Huntington News a paper for Northeastern University in Boston. Thought that was kind of random and strange.

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:04 am

Me! Its weird as hell.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:18 am

i sincerely hope these arent the attractive ones....

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:19 am

nyyankees wrote:

See, that actually made me think that and my man rope could be successful. Plus, that thing was just so effing random I couldn't help but feel fond feelings towards everyone.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:28 am

Pearalegal wrote:
nyyankees wrote:

See, that actually made me think that and my man rope could be successful. Plus, that thing was just so effing random I couldn't help but feel fond feelings towards everyone.

Im not sure about the law school dorms, but i know for UG they had these rules called parietals which basically said you couldnt be in a girls dorm after 10. this included when i visited my sister who was an UG there. fwiw, her friends werent attractive either...

rocross1

Postby rocross1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:05 pm

What the FRIG? I am freakin out, it just hit me that I will be goin to my dream school next year. How sick! I have been watching Lou Holtz for Dave and the Nation and here come the Irish on you tube all morning. After I looked at some classmates facebook and lsn info I am excited about being around such inteligent and accomplished people. Moving in a few months and law school in the fall this is crazy. Everyone says you learn more in the first year of law school then you do in your entire 4 of undergrad.... I can't wait I am going to own the new library. I s anyone else freaking out or have any of you had the holy frig moment I am having. I thought the week or two after I was admitted were the peak of my excitement but it is back.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:14 pm

i posted this in the other thread, but got no responses, so ill try here...

So the website says there is a travel stipend offered, but only if you qualify for it. And the decision as to whether or not you qualify is made within three weeks after you outlay for the expenses. Does anyone know how stingy they are with these things? Obviously $300 isnt a lot in the grander scheme of things, but it seems like a weird place to cut back when trying to convince people to come to your school

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:14 pm

nyyankees wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
nyyankees wrote:

Im not sure about the law school dorms, but i know for UG they had these rules called parietals which basically said you couldnt be in a girls dorm after 10. this included when i visited my sister who was an UG there. fwiw, her friends werent attractive either...

There are no law school dorms, just graduate housing. I don't believe graduate housing have any RAs.

sckon

Postby sckon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:21 pm

nyyankees wrote:i posted this in the other thread, but got no responses, so ill try here...

So the website says there is a travel stipend offered, but only if you qualify for it. And the decision as to whether or not you qualify is made within three weeks after you outlay for the expenses. Does anyone know how stingy they are with these things? Obviously $300 isnt a lot in the grander scheme of things, but it seems like a weird place to cut back when trying to convince people to come to your school

My guess is a lot of people wont know the answer? The best option is to try and find out.

rocross1 wrote:What the FRIG? I am freakin out, it just hit me that I will be goin to my dream school next year. How sick! I have been watching Lou Holtz for Dave and the Nation and here come the Irish on you tube all morning. After I looked at some classmates facebook and lsn info I am excited about being around such inteligent and accomplished people. Moving in a few months and law school in the fall this is crazy. Everyone says you learn more in the first year of law school then you do in your entire 4 of undergrad.... I can't wait I am going to own the new library. I s anyone else freaking out or have any of you had the holy frig moment I am having. I thought the week or two after I was admitted were the peak of my excitement but it is back.

My emotions have gone from excited> content > scared > batshit scared> content > excited > eager

cheesus

Postby cheesus » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:29 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
nyyankees wrote:

There are no law school dorms, just graduate housing. I don't believe graduate housing have any RAs.

Graduate housing does have RAs, but they do not have parietals because married students can live in the housing also.

BuffaloSabres137

Postby BuffaloSabres137 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:16 pm

That catalog was amazing! Where can I buy all of that? I have never seen NDLS stuff in the bookstore, but they do slap ND logos on just about anything you could ever think of and sell it at ridiculous prices.

As for parietals, the times are 12 on weekdays and 2 on weekends, never 10 and never at all if you live in Alumni Hall... I probably shouldn't say that as a future AR though. :D Either way, parietals are not a concern for grad students living off campus or in graduate housing.

Can't wait to rock my "IRISH LAW" hoodie on campus!

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:22 pm

After this last football season, I don't think they really can be called the "Fightin" Irish. Nowadays they're more like the "Bending Over to grab their Dropped Soap in a Prison Shower" Irish. Maybe they'll get better now that they stole Brian Kelly and made him ditch out on what would have been the most important game in his life just so he could prove his subservience to to them. However, I think it's much more likely that in 5 years, he'll be getting axed just like Weis did. But, you never know, they could step up their game next year and actually beat the (I can't say this with a straight face :lol: ) football powerhouse that is Navy.

BuffaloSabres137

Postby BuffaloSabres137 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:38 pm

scionb4 wrote:After this last football season, I don't think they really can be called the "Fightin" Irish. Nowadays they're more like the "Bending Over to grab their Dropped Soap in a Prison Shower" Irish. Maybe they'll get better now that they stole Brian Kelly and made him ditch out on what would have been the most important game in his life just so he could prove his subservience to to them. However, I think it's much more likely that in 5 years, he'll be getting axed just like Weis did. But, you never know, they could step up their game next year and actually beat the (I can't say this with a straight face :lol: ) football powerhouse that is Navy.

1. Let's try to keep our posts up to the standard of class that us Notre Dame students carry with us at all times.

2. Anyone with any knowledge about the way coaching in the FBS works knows that every second spent assembling a staff and recruiting players matters. Coach Kelly had to get here right away to make sure that he put his new team in the best position to win right away.

3. Notre Dame is the most elite program in the history of college football. Is it fair to hate on Coach Kelly for being excited about his dream job at the school he dreamed about as a Catholic kid growing up in Boston? I mean come on, you can't write that stuff!

4. Unlike our "elite" competitors, I would make the claim that Notre Dame football players are probably LEAST likely to find themselves in the situation you described above. Our players get diplomas, not jail-time.

5. What did that post have to do with NDLS?

6. Every 20 years "experts" claim that Notre Dame will never win again for a myriad of reasons. It happened prior to Parseghian and Holtz, both of whom won National Championships. I therefore welcome all "experts" making the same claim as Kelly takes over.

7. I am writing my senior thesis on the meaning of the term "Fightin' Irish" so send me a PM if you want any further explanation.

8. Really, what did that post have to do with NDLS?

GO IRISH!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”