NYU Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
pikalove

Bronze

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Post by pikalove » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:24 pm

straxen wrote:+1 for March 4th/5th...now to find a way to get out of work on those days.
I'm also going March 4 & 5!! .....I'm thinking of finding a hostel. Any one have any good ideas on that front?

Agsulliv

New

Post by Agsulliv » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:31 am

Just got in.
While skimming the letter, I did a double take when I read "the extraordinary opportunity to participate in our intellectually challenged community."
Upon re-reading, this is not what the letter actually says.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:14 am

Looks like I'll be joining u guys! Weekend of March 25th ASW...we should have a theme to dress up to! who's down for laker jerseys @ asw? how about dress up as your favorite pink floyd album? takers?

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:45 am

TheWire wrote:Looks like I'll be joining u guys! Weekend of March 25th ASW...we should have a theme to dress up to! who's down for laker jerseys @ asw? how about dress up as your favorite pink floyd album? takers?
Huge basketball fan here but I can't stand the Lakers. Sacramento Kings ftw (also a childhood Knicks fan; heres to hoping that the franchise magically has a resurgence while we are attending law school in New York City).

Pink Floyd is literally my favorite old band but unfortunately I'm attending the March 4th ASW so coordinating attire with you would be pointless.

But I'm excited to see that NYU Class of 2013 has fellow b-ball/Floyd fans in it. Should be a good three years.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:07 pm

ravens20 wrote:
TheWire wrote:Looks like I'll be joining u guys! Weekend of March 25th ASW...we should have a theme to dress up to! who's down for laker jerseys @ asw? how about dress up as your favorite pink floyd album? takers?
Huge basketball fan here but I can't stand the Lakers. Sacramento Kings ftw (also a childhood Knicks fan; heres to hoping that the franchise magically has a resurgence while we are attending law school in New York City).

Pink Floyd is literally my favorite old band but unfortunately I'm attending the March 4th ASW so coordinating attire with you would be pointless.

But I'm excited to see that NYU Class of 2013 has fellow b-ball/Floyd fans in it. Should be a good three years.
If anything we will have to go through an outline listening to your favorite floyd...PS, NBA league pass is a must, we can work out the details later but NBA league pass broadband is worth the investment!

PPS, R u planning on living at the dorms...u seem like a match to me lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 am

TheWire wrote: If anything we will have to go through an outline listening to your favorite floyd...PS, NBA league pass is a must, we can work out the details later but NBA league pass broadband is worth the investment!

PPS, R u planning on living at the dorms...u seem like a match to me lol
Hell yea on the League Pass (though I'm afraid it might get too distracting, especially gleefully watching your boy Kobe age while LeBron slowly but surely takes over the league). I'm like 75 percent committed to the campus dorms/apartments...the only thing holding me back is the price of housing. I might look into an apartment in the East Village or in Brooklyn. But yea you sound like the type of dude I wouldn't mind livin' with. Lets both check out the admitted student days and figure out whether we like the D-Agostino or Mercer Halls better (or if neither are any good). After that, PM me if you still want to coordinate housing arrangements. Till then...best of luck to you and hope you enjoy the admitted students days.

examplepdf

New

Post by examplepdf » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:44 pm

anyone trying to visit Columbia and NYU on the same trip? I just can't take off that much work, plus $$$. Problem is I think CLS only reimburses you if you're there for their entire program and I definitely don't have enough free cash to deal with that...

kinch

Bronze

Post by kinch » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Have any of you guys gotten the email about setting up your NYU account? I sent in my deposit a while ago but I haven't heard back from them, and the admitted students website says you should receive the email about 10 days after.

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:02 am

kinch wrote:Have any of you guys gotten the email about setting up your NYU account? I sent in my deposit a while ago but I haven't heard back from them, and the admitted students website says you should receive the email about 10 days after.
I sent my deposit in a while back too and still have heard nothing. What exactly can we do with the account anyway?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 am

ravens20 wrote:
kinch wrote:Have any of you guys gotten the email about setting up your NYU account? I sent in my deposit a while ago but I haven't heard back from them, and the admitted students website says you should receive the email about 10 days after.
I sent my deposit in a while back too and still have heard nothing. What exactly can we do with the account anyway?

I hope they send me my net id soon...we need it in order to submit a housing application, which you can do starting on February 15. Has it been more than 10 business days for you? I'm at business day 6.

straxen

Bronze

Post by straxen » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:11 am

I sent my deposit it in forever ago, as in five weeks ago, before I realized that the online payment was an option. They still haven't cashed the check yet, which is a bit odd, so I e-mailed and they confirmed they received my intent to enroll form. I guess they're a bit backed up or are being nice and waiting to cash it. And no, no e-mail yet.

Have any of your deposits actually been deducted from your account?

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:15 am

lsathalon wrote:
ravens20 wrote:

I hope they send me my net id soon...we need it in order to submit a housing application, which you can do starting on February 15. Has it been more than 10 business days for you? I'm at business day 6.
I sent it in early January, so definitely. I'm assuming that they'll get it all done before housing applications start. Do you happen to know how the housing process works...is it rolling/first-come-first-serve or is it a lottery system?

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:03 am

ravens20 wrote:
lsathalon wrote:
ravens20 wrote:

I sent it in early January, so definitely. I'm assuming that they'll get it all done before housing applications start. Do you happen to know how the housing process works...is it rolling/first-come-first-serve or is it a lottery system?

For a single person, it is completely a lottery system, so it doesn't matter at all when you turn in your form, as long as it is before the deadline. For family housing/living with your significant other, it's first-come-first-serve, and space is limited...since I want to live with my fiance, I withdrew from schools that had already accepted me and turned in my deposit this early largely so I could apply for housing on February 15. So they had better not screw it up!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:33 pm

Where are people planning on staying for Admitted Student Days? I'm considering Washington Square Hotel or the Soho Grand but am not sure if there's another place that will have more prospectives staying in it.

CanadianEH

New

Post by CanadianEH » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Just got accepted today!! Pretty pumped but also in the dark on a lot of stuff.

When are scholarships disbursed? I pretty much cannot afford to go without one.
Also, are most people planning on going to the early March ASD?

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:01 pm

CanadianEH wrote:Just got accepted today!! Pretty pumped but also in the dark on a lot of stuff.

When are scholarships disbursed? I pretty much cannot afford to go without one.
Also, are most people planning on going to the early March ASD?
Congrats!! I like to hear about other Canadians getting NYU love (and a fellow-McGiller too, IIRC). I'm not sure when scholarships happen, but I am going to the early March ASW - as are a number of others from TLS.

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm probably looking at the late-March ASW -- the first one conflicts with my work schedule...Anyone else going to the later one?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:22 pm

scribelaw wrote:I'm probably looking at the late-March ASW -- the first one conflicts with my work schedule...Anyone else going to the later one?
I am, but I'm still deciding whether to go all day Thursday or just get there that night. Are you going to the whole thing?

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:24 pm

summerschooled wrote:
scribelaw wrote:I'm probably looking at the late-March ASW -- the first one conflicts with my work schedule...Anyone else going to the later one?
I am, but I'm still deciding whether to go all day Thursday or just get there that night. Are you going to the whole thing?
Well, it looks like you pick one day or the other?

I don't know for sure, but I think I might come in Thursday night and do the official thing Friday.

kinch

Bronze

Post by kinch » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 pm

scribelaw wrote:
summerschooled wrote:

I don't know for sure, but I think I might come in Thursday night and do the official thing Friday.
I thought the site said that it's a two day event.

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:30 pm

scribelaw wrote:
summerschooled wrote:

I think it's a two-day thing, but they probably have pretty similar talking points both days. My only issue is deciding whether I want to skip out on my classes so I can be there for both days.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:06 am

summerschooled wrote:
scribelaw wrote:
summerschooled wrote:

I think it's a two-day thing, but they probably have pretty similar talking points both days. My only issue is deciding whether I want to skip out on my classes so I can be there for both days.
Might as well...you'll have dozens more classes, but only one admitted students weekend.

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:52 pm

I don't know yet if I am going to NYU, but I just got in, so I figured I'd stop by and say hi. Is anyone going to ASW on March 4th and 5th?

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:51 pm

democrattotheend wrote:I don't know yet if I am going to NYU, but I just got in, so I figured I'd stop by and say hi. Is anyone going to ASW on March 4th and 5th?
Yep...see you there hopefully.

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:37 pm

So, given that the NYU ED deposit deadline has officially passed, I guess we should just assume that they got them???

I sent mine at the beginning of Jan, but no word. This is slightly stressful. I know a number of us are in the same boat, so has anyone received any news on that front???

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”