NYU Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
Sakura3210
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Sakura3210 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:38 am

Stanford4Me wrote:Medical info: Aug. 15th
Loan Stuff: There's no deadline, but they encourage you to complete it before the end of July to ensure it gets distributed in a timely manner.


Thanks, appreciate it!
BaiAilian2013 wrote:We should have an NYC meetup mailing list. That way it won't fill up the thread and everyone will be updated and whatnot. Anyone want to PM me (or someone) their e-mail addresses?


And good idea, PM'd you. :D

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby pikalove » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 am

I haven't been around TLS much, but I will be going to NYU Law next year... I've already moved to New York and want to start meeting my future classmates. One of you mentioned a Settlers night? I can only hope that you are referring to Settlers of Catan. If you guys are meeting up any time soon I'd love to tag along.... I'll PM Bai to hopefully join the mailing list!

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:28 pm

NYC meetup e-mail sent, so if you PMed me but don't have an e-mail from me, PM me again! (Or if you haven't been added but want to be.)

sarahdutta
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby sarahdutta » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:02 am

JD orientation schedule and FAQs up...cant wait!
:D
--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
lsathalon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby lsathalon » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:47 am

I'm sad that they took away the scavenger hunt but very excited for (almost) everything else!! Good find!

User avatar
humdrum
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby humdrum » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:55 am

I was looking forward to the scavenger hunt too :(

But, a lot of the optional activities on Saturday look like they'll be fun!

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BenJ » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:47 am

Me, too :(

We could organize our own scavenger hunt :lol:

mockstar
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby mockstar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Me too! I love scavenger hunts. Damn the fuddy duddies last year who complained :(

User avatar
Sakura3210
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Sakura3210 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:18 pm

So then...TLS-NYU 2013 scavenger hunt? 'Cause I'd be game for that too! :D

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6049
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Stanford4Me » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Excited.

User avatar
zanda
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:36 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby zanda » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:36 pm

lsathalon wrote:I'm sad that they took away the scavenger hunt but very excited for (almost) everything else!! Good find!

We didn't have a movie night last year on the first night... instead we just had a kegger. Maybe it's movie + kegs?

User avatar
moonshine
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby moonshine » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:05 pm

this is unrelated to orientation, but has anyone been able to change their email address to @law.nyu.edu as of late? i still havent been able to change mine and it's kind of irritating, lol

User avatar
Sogui
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Sogui » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:39 pm

You guys can come to the Columbia scavenger hunt, I promise I won't out you...

/tease

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BenJ » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:36 pm

moonshine wrote:this is unrelated to orientation, but has anyone been able to change their email address to @law.nyu.edu as of late? i still havent been able to change mine and it's kind of irritating, lol


Do we actively change it? I thought consensus was that the email addresses would be migrated later in the summer automatically.

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:33 am

Do we have a book list yet?

User avatar
Sakura3210
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Sakura3210 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:37 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:Do we have a book list yet?

All I've seen is a "suggested reading" list.

User avatar
sikwitt
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:39 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby sikwitt » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:56 am

Sakura3210 wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:Do we have a book list yet?

All I've seen is a "suggested reading" list.



Where did you see that?

User avatar
WrappedUpInBooks
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:19 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby WrappedUpInBooks » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:59 am

sikwitt wrote:
Sakura3210 wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:Do we have a book list yet?

All I've seen is a "suggested reading" list.



Where did you see that?


http://law.nyu.edu/ecm_dlv3/groups/publ ... 066126.pdf

I think we get our book list with our schedule on the first day?

hesitantstyle
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby hesitantstyle » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:15 pm

WrappedUpInBooks wrote:
sikwitt wrote:
Sakura3210 wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:Do we have a book list yet?

All I've seen is a "suggested reading" list.



Where did you see that?


http://law.nyu.edu/ecm_dlv3/groups/publ ... 066126.pdf

I think we get our book list with our schedule on the first day?


you could certainly look at the 1L torts, contracts and procedure syllabi posted on their website to get an idea of the textbooks required for class.

mockstar
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby mockstar » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:32 pm

hesitantstyle wrote:
you could certainly look at the 1L torts, contracts and procedure syllabi posted on their website to get an idea of the textbooks required for class.


What website? Where are the syllabi posted?

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BenJ » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:58 pm

I found last year's by poking around, but each professor used different books for the same classes.

https://its.law.nyu.edu/faculty/coursep ... =2009-2010

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:32 pm

BenJ wrote:I found last year's by poking around, but each professor used different books for the same classes.

https://its.law.nyu.edu/faculty/coursep ... =2009-2010

Right, wouldn't the books you need depend on professor/section? Orientation seems like awful short notice for people to shop around for books. Aren't there any rules up here about releasing booklists by a certain point so that students have time to buy them online if they want?

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BenJ » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:19 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
BenJ wrote:I found last year's by poking around, but each professor used different books for the same classes.

https://its.law.nyu.edu/faculty/coursep ... =2009-2010

Right, wouldn't the books you need depend on professor/section? Orientation seems like awful short notice for people to shop around for books. Aren't there any rules up here about releasing booklists by a certain point so that students have time to buy them online if they want?


I think we will know our sections/professors before orientation. They assign readings before the first class, and those have to be available before orientation. I figure we'll get an email in the next couple of weeks.

Also: Less than a month, guys!

Rock of Love
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:56 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Rock of Love » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:06 am

Yeah, I was told by a rep in the admissions office a few months ago that information on books for classes and assignments for the first week of classes would be sent to us (not sure if e-mail or snail) around August 14th. Can't wait...

rw2188
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby rw2188 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:10 am

if you are still looking to move to a place with
an easy, 20 minute commute to the Law School, please see below and get
in touch with me via email: sparklz028@hotmail.com

I posted this ad elsewhere, so don't mind the phrasing........
I am a mid 20s female professional looking to share an apartment with a
young female professional in a luxury high-rise building in downtown jersey City. I am looking for someone to cosign a one year lease together starting sometime in August (I am flexible). I ensure that the
apartment is big enough for two people, is brand new with: carpeting in the bedrooms, new kitchen w/ SS appliances, large living and dining room and space for your stuff! The building has a gym, outdoor common space, doorman etc and is close to either the Grove st. Path or Exchange place path train. the rent (split amongst us) is $2800, plus utilities. The building is on the waterfront.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest