NYU Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6043
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Stanford4Me » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:21 pm

You have to click the small "First Time User" link under the login information, but mine keeps giving me an error message when I try to access the First Time User site:
System Error, contact your IT department for help...

We apologize for the inconvenience. Contact the financial aid office if you still have problems using this application. Thank you for visiting our site.

Error Message:

System Exception

User avatar
straxen
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:39 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby straxen » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:22 pm

haroldfordIII wrote:I can't access the site. what PIN are they talking about?


I think we have to set one up? But I've tried using the "first time user link" on two different computers, two different operating systems, and three different browsers and keep getting an error message. I'm guessing that NYU's IT prowess strikes again.

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6043
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Stanford4Me » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:22 pm

straxen wrote:
haroldfordIII wrote:I can't access the site. what PIN are they talking about?


I think we have to set one up? But I've tried using the "first time user link" on two different computers, two different operating systems, and three different browsers and keep getting an error message. I'm guessing that NYU's IT prowess strikes again.

+1

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Woohoo! Loan info!!

fahd.reyaz
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby fahd.reyaz » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Hey--

Anyone want to play settlers of catan at my place tonight? Likely eat and play. I live in the e. village. A branch of http://www.xianfoods.com/ opened up right under me which is probably where my friend and I will grab dinner.

Sorry not a "traditional" friday night activity involving bars, beers, and babes.

f/R

User avatar
kumba84
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:40 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby kumba84 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:58 pm

I've tried calling them a few times to let them know the loan site isn't working, but the phones have always been busy. Hopefully someone else has told them and they're working on it.

sarahdutta
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby sarahdutta » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:02 pm

email them. they're usually very quick with getting back to you.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BenJ » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:You have to click the small "First Time User" link under the login information, but mine keeps giving me an error message when I try to access the First Time User site:
System Error, contact your IT department for help...

We apologize for the inconvenience. Contact the financial aid office if you still have problems using this application. Thank you for visiting our site.

Error Message:

System Exception


I'm getting the same error message. Has anyone gotten it to work?

fahd.reyaz wrote:Hey--

Anyone want to play settlers of catan at my place tonight? Likely eat and play. I live in the e. village. A branch of http://www.xianfoods.com/ opened up right under me which is probably where my friend and I will grab dinner.

Sorry not a "traditional" friday night activity involving bars, beers, and babes.

f/R


This would be fun, but I'm going to be busy tonight, sorry :(
Last edited by BenJ on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby clintonius » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:23 pm

It works for me, but it asks you to enter your student ID. Maybe I missed something, but I don't think we have those yet. Are they available somewhere on the website and I just glossed over it?

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BenJ » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:25 pm

clintonius wrote:It works for me, but it asks you to enter your student ID. Maybe I missed something, but I don't think we have those yet. Are they available somewhere on the website and I just glossed over it?


Go to your NYU home account, then check under preferences. Your university ID number is there; it starts with "N". We had to use it for housing apps. The problem is that no one has a PIN for the FinAid website, but their request for a PIN system seems to be down (maybe it's overwhelmed if they did all of the schools at the same time).

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:32 pm

fahd.reyaz wrote:Hey--

Anyone want to play settlers of catan at my place tonight? Likely eat and play. I live in the e. village. A branch of http://www.xianfoods.com/ opened up right under me which is probably where my friend and I will grab dinner.

Sorry not a "traditional" friday night activity involving bars, beers, and babes.

f/R

OMG I'm going to be in DC but I SO WOULD! Despite the fact that Catan never fails to engender ill will among my friends - worse than Sorry and Monopoly combined - that sounds super awesome. :(

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2777
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby forza » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:45 pm

I have logged into the financial aid website successfully, but I called 'em up about the PIN. They reset it to 12345 and then I changed it. Hope this helps.

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby clintonius » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:53 pm

BenJ wrote:
clintonius wrote:It works for me, but it asks you to enter your student ID. Maybe I missed something, but I don't think we have those yet. Are they available somewhere on the website and I just glossed over it?
Go to your NYU home account, then check under preferences. Your university ID number is there; it starts with "N". We had to use it for housing apps. The problem is that no one has a PIN for the FinAid website, but their request for a PIN system seems to be down (maybe it's overwhelmed if they did all of the schools at the same time).

Heythanks! And I'm getting the same error message now. Poo.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BenJ » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:54 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
fahd.reyaz wrote:Hey--

Anyone want to play settlers of catan at my place tonight? Likely eat and play. I live in the e. village. A branch of http://www.xianfoods.com/ opened up right under me which is probably where my friend and I will grab dinner.

Sorry not a "traditional" friday night activity involving bars, beers, and babes.

f/R

OMG I'm going to be in DC but I SO WOULD! Despite the fact that Catan never fails to engender ill will among my friends - worse than Sorry and Monopoly combined - that sounds super awesome. :(


Sounds like we need to plan a Catan night this summer!

fahd.reyaz
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby fahd.reyaz » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:56 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:OMG I'm going to be in DC but I SO WOULD! Despite the fact that Catan never fails to engender ill will among my friends - worse than Sorry and Monopoly combined - that sounds super awesome. :(


That is true: the robber in Catan is the most socially divisive construct in the board game world that I've encountered. Much worse than someone who has memorized all the silly 2 letter words in Scrabble. ZA.

f/Re

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby clintonius » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:12 pm

+1 for a Settlers night this summer. I'm in.

User avatar
Ayeshabelle
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Ayeshabelle » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Catan Sounds like fun even though I haven't played before. I can't make it tonight, but please let me know about the next time.

fahd.reyaz
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby fahd.reyaz » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:52 pm

Ayeshabelle wrote:Catan Sounds like fun even though I haven't played before. I can't make it tonight, but please let me know about the next time.


If this will happen--I offer my apt. as a place to play/meet/talk/rant/etc. I live on 8th st. (I head out of the states like July 28th)

Ayesha--it's a fairly easy game to pick up but a frustratingly difficult game to master.

User avatar
lsathalon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby lsathalon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:53 pm

I just moved to the city! Anyone up for a meet-up sometime this week?

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BenJ » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:54 pm

I could do tomorrow or Wednesday, but not Thursday or thereafter. Or I could do next week, of course.

Also, I got the medical stuff in the mail today, so it's on the way!

User avatar
Ayeshabelle
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Ayeshabelle » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:42 am

Tuesday and wednessday are fine, thursday's less workable. My medical forms have also arrived in the mail a week ago.

User avatar
lsathalon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby lsathalon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:43 am

Today and tomorrow both work great for me! I'm open to going anywhere, but one place that I enjoy a lot is Old Town Bar (45 East 18th St). It has a very casual feel, and you can hear what people are saying.

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:24 am

I'm up for tonight or tomorrow too!

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby clintonius » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 am

Tomorrow is better for me. Drop Off Service? It's at 13th and A, and has a great happy hour.

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:13 pm

Soo, tomorrow night at either Old Town Bar (45 East 18th St.) or Drop Off Service (13th and A)? What time?




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest