NYU Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
puppleberry finn

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu May 06, 2010 2:07 pm

facetious wrote:
kinch wrote:I definitely have first.last@law.nyu.edu, but I forget how I set it up. Go to preferences in NYU Home, probably.

i have this too, but i cannot remember how i got the @law.nyu.edu. i know that it can be done in the preferences at NYU home, but I do not remember using it when I did it. if i go to my email and click on options, it lists two email addresses for me: abc123@nyu.edu and first.last@nyu.edu. does anyone who can't get the @law.nyu.edu have both emails listed?

hmmmm @law.nyu.edu addresses: how DO they work?

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Thu May 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Okay seriously. Is there anyone who got an @law.nyu.edu remember how to do it. It is literally driving me insane.

Tautology

Postby Tautology » Thu May 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Okay seriously. Is there anyone who got an @law.nyu.edu remember how to do it. It is literally driving me insane.

Really?

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Thu May 06, 2010 8:01 pm

Tautology wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Okay seriously. Is there anyone who got an @law.nyu.edu remember how to do it. It is literally driving me insane.

Really?

Yes. Really.

Tautology

Postby Tautology » Thu May 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
Tautology wrote:

Really?

Yes. Really.

Then I very honestly suggest you seek psychological help.

big_blue79

Postby big_blue79 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:22 pm

Agreed. Nice SN/Tar, btw. Watching season 3 now.

regatsrj

Postby regatsrj » Fri May 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Does anyone know how NYU places roommates in on-campus housing? The housing form only asks how neat you are -- is that the only basis for how they match you up? I'd really rather not be placed with straight-from-undergrad (nothing personal, I'm just at a different place in my life). It's been over 5 years since I lived in a dorm, so I'm concerned about the risk of random roommate selection.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri May 07, 2010 2:56 pm

regatsrj wrote:Does anyone know how NYU places roommates in on-campus housing? The housing form only asks how neat you are -- is that the only basis for how they match you up? I'd really rather not be placed with straight-from-undergrad (nothing personal, I'm just at a different place in my life). It's been over 5 years since I lived in a dorm, so I'm concerned about the risk of random roommate selection.

I'm not sure if they do some sort of survey follow-up. But you might want to either get to know some other NYU students at the local events and specify someone or maybe add that in your additional notes part of the application where they ask if you have other specific statements.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri May 07, 2010 2:58 pm

big_blue79 wrote:

Thanks! How do you like it so far.

Also re: the law.nyu.edu; apparently the variation is created throughout the summer in small batches. So everyone will later have both the law.nyu.edu and the nyu.edu. Mail will be delivered to the same account whether or not you use the ".law" suffix.

This information was obtained from the law school IT help desk.

big_blue79

Postby big_blue79 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:06 pm

^ Thanks for the tip.

I love the show. My wife really loves the show. It's so hard for her not to plow ahead w/out me when I'm at work and she's "studying" for school. It's like watching my puppy not eat food sitting right in front of her.

Tautology

Postby Tautology » Fri May 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:Also re: the law.nyu.edu; apparently the variation is created throughout the summer in small batches. So everyone will later have both the law.nyu.edu and the nyu.edu. Mail will be delivered to the same account whether or not you use the ".law" suffix.

Thanks for the info :)

regatsrj

Postby regatsrj » Fri May 07, 2010 7:50 pm

regatsrj wrote:Does anyone know how NYU places roommates in on-campus housing? The housing form only asks how neat you are -- is that the only basis for how they match you up? I'd really rather not be placed with straight-from-undergrad (nothing personal, I'm just at a different place in my life). It's been over 5 years since I lived in a dorm, so I'm concerned about the risk of random roommate selection.

I'm not sure if they do some sort of survey follow-up. But you might want to either get to know some other NYU students at the local events and specify someone or maybe add that in your additional notes part of the application where they ask if you have other specific statements.

Are you talking about the application for admission? It's a little late to add things to that :/

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri May 07, 2010 10:07 pm

regatsrj wrote:

Are you talking about the application for admission? It's a little late to add things to that :/

Um...no. I was referencing the housing application.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Sat May 08, 2010 7:19 pm

big_blue79 wrote:

Thanks! How do you like it so far.

Also re: the law.nyu.edu; apparently the variation is created throughout the summer in small batches. So everyone will later have both the law.nyu.edu and the nyu.edu. Mail will be delivered to the same account whether or not you use the ".law" suffix.

Good to know, thanks :)

forza

Postby forza » Tue May 11, 2010 3:02 am

Anybody else here pumped to try out for the basketball team to play for the Dean's Cup next year? Looked through that photo gallery on Facebook and it looked like a lot of fun.

legalnoeagle

Postby legalnoeagle » Tue May 11, 2010 9:01 am

forza wrote:Anybody else here pumped to try out for the basketball team to play for the Dean's Cup next year? Looked through that photo gallery on Facebook and it looked like a lot of fun.

This.

Edit: where is this facebook gallery you speak of? I'm a novice when it comes to facebook.

forza

Postby forza » Tue May 11, 2010 11:16 am

legalnoeagle wrote:
forza wrote:Anybody else here pumped to try out for the basketball team to play for the Dean's Cup next year? Looked through that photo gallery on Facebook and it looked like a lot of fun.

This.

Edit: where is this facebook gallery you speak of? I'm a novice when it comes to facebook.

Right here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=166628&id=26028983925&ref=mf

big_blue79

Postby big_blue79 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:19 am

I am stoked, but probably won't make it. My greatest shot lies with the fact that law school peeps must be as rusty as me. Besides, the last time I played basketball competitively I shredded my knee. Maybe with crappy health insurance for 3 years I should confine myself to HORSE.

taxman021

Postby taxman021 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:22 am

not sure if this issue was resolved or not but here's how to change your email address to first.last@law.nyu.edu

http://www.nyu.edu/its/email/address/#set
Last edited by taxman021 on Tue May 11, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

forza

Postby forza » Tue May 11, 2010 11:22 am

big_blue79 wrote:

I am stoked, but probably won't make it. My greatest shot lies with the fact that law school peeps must be as rusty as me. Besides, the last time I played basketball competitively I shredded my knee. Maybe with crappy health insurance for 3 years I should confine myself to HORSE.

That's what knee braces are for, my friend! :D

yeff

Postby yeff » Tue May 11, 2010 11:52 am

Personal NYU Email Address Policy:

You may change your Personal email address only once per year: please be prudent in your selection.

ARGH it looks like I am stuck without the "law." for a year unless I can get ITS to change it.

Bodega

Postby Bodega » Tue May 11, 2010 12:08 pm

yeff wrote:Personal NYU Email Address Policy:

You may change your Personal email address only once per year: please be prudent in your selection.

ARGH it looks like I am stuck without the "law." for a year unless I can get ITS to change it.
It seems to me they would only let you decide what goes before the @. Otherwise you'd have emails like bodega@nyu.interwebs or @gmailz.netz or whatever else people come up with...

forza

Postby forza » Tue May 11, 2010 12:10 pm

I can understand why the difference between @nyu.edu and @law.nyu.edu is driving some of you nuts.

:lol:

yeff

Postby yeff » Tue May 11, 2010 12:20 pm

Fail...didn't see the post about the small batches over the summer. Meh.

I wasn't going literally insane either way.

Phew.

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:04 am

Guess what guys... 99 days until orientation!!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”