NYU Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
maudlinstreet
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby maudlinstreet » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:43 pm

lsathalon wrote:
pikalove wrote:
maudlinstreet wrote:I just had a nice conversation with an NYU alum (who was an alumni of my UG as well) about the law school. I really think the personal calls are a really nice touch!


I just had one this afternoon too!! What a nice guy.... I agree it was a wonderful personal touch.


My guy emailed instead of calling...I feel a bit unloved :?

Haha, one guy actually e-mailed me, and another one called me. :P

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby summerschooled » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:53 pm

lsathalon wrote:
pikalove wrote:
maudlinstreet wrote:I just had a nice conversation with an NYU alum (who was an alumni of my UG as well) about the law school. I really think the personal calls are a really nice touch!


I just had one this afternoon too!! What a nice guy.... I agree it was a wonderful personal touch.


My guy emailed instead of calling...I feel a bit unloved :?

At least you had a guy. I haven't had anyone get in touch with me, so I'm starting to feel unwanted. :cry:

User avatar
Reedie
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Reedie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:17 pm

TheWire wrote:Looks like I'll be joining u guys! Weekend of March 25th ASW...we should have a theme to dress up to! who's down for laker jerseys @ asw? how about dress up as your favorite pink floyd album? takers?


I'm also living in LA, and love the wire. I hate the lakers though.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby democrattotheend » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:11 pm

CanadianEH wrote:The aid application is up, in case anyone missed it. Hopefully they get back to us quickly!


If you got the aid application e-mail but did not get the e-mail about Dean's scholarships, is there any point in applying for merit aid only? I don't think I will qualify for need-based, but am hoping for a little bit of merit aid. If I did not get the Dean's scholarship e-mail, does that mean I am SOL with regard to merit aid and the named scholarships I applied for, or do I still have a chance of getting something?

User avatar
kinch
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby kinch » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:18 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
CanadianEH wrote:The aid application is up, in case anyone missed it. Hopefully they get back to us quickly!


If you got the aid application e-mail but did not get the e-mail about Dean's scholarships, is there any point in applying for merit aid only? I don't think I will qualify for need-based, but am hoping for a little bit of merit aid. If I did not get the Dean's scholarship e-mail, does that mean I am SOL with regard to merit aid and the named scholarships I applied for, or do I still have a chance of getting something?

+1. Also, is anyone else having trouble accessing the housing application? The site won't load for me.

User avatar
lsathalon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby lsathalon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:11 pm

kinch wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:
CanadianEH wrote:The aid application is up, in case anyone missed it. Hopefully they get back to us quickly!


If you got the aid application e-mail but did not get the e-mail about Dean's scholarships, is there any point in applying for merit aid only? I don't think I will qualify for need-based, but am hoping for a little bit of merit aid. If I did not get the Dean's scholarship e-mail, does that mean I am SOL with regard to merit aid and the named scholarships I applied for, or do I still have a chance of getting something?

+1. Also, is anyone else having trouble accessing the housing application? The site won't load for me.


You might try a different browser. It wouldn't work for me in Google Chrome but worked fine in either Firefox or Internet Explorer (I can't remember which).

User avatar
Reedie
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Reedie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:36 pm

lsathalon wrote:You might try a different browser. It wouldn't work for me in Google Chrome but worked fine in either Firefox or Internet Explorer (I can't remember which).


Lol, it worked fine for me in google chrome but wouldn't work quite right with firefox.

User avatar
lsathalon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby lsathalon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Reedie wrote:
lsathalon wrote:You might try a different browser. It wouldn't work for me in Google Chrome but worked fine in either Firefox or Internet Explorer (I can't remember which).


Lol, it worked fine for me in google chrome but wouldn't work quite right with firefox.


haha typical NYU...technology and consistency are not their strong points :)

User avatar
kinch
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby kinch » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:27 am

Reedie wrote:
lsathalon wrote:You might try a different browser. It wouldn't work for me in Google Chrome but worked fine in either Firefox or Internet Explorer (I can't remember which).


Lol, it worked fine for me in google chrome but wouldn't work quite right with firefox.

WTF, I've tried Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer, on both Mac OS X and Windows. Shit won't load for me.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby democrattotheend » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Any other future NYU students/potentials in the DC area? Last night, I went to an unofficial happy hour that some people who were ED at UVA or were considering attending put together, and I was thinking it would be fun for NYU ED's/prospectives to do the same thing. Anyone else in the DC area planning on going to NYU or considering it want to meet up?

User avatar
Reedie
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Reedie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Anyone going to the Feb 24th so-cal thing?

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby TheWire » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:14 am

Reedie wrote:
TheWire wrote:Looks like I'll be joining u guys! Weekend of March 25th ASW...we should have a theme to dress up to! who's down for laker jerseys @ asw? how about dress up as your favorite pink floyd album? takers?


I'm also living in LA, and love the wire. I hate the lakers though.


Well, I don't have anything nice to say since the Lakers are the only thing I speak more enthusiastically about than the wire. But, I am going to be at the reception tonight...

User avatar
Reedie
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Reedie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:00 am

TheWire wrote:
Reedie wrote:
TheWire wrote:Looks like I'll be joining u guys! Weekend of March 25th ASW...we should have a theme to dress up to! who's down for laker jerseys @ asw? how about dress up as your favorite pink floyd album? takers?


I'm also living in LA, and love the wire. I hate the lakers though.


Well, I don't have anything nice to say since the Lakers are the only thing I speak more enthusiastically about than the wire. But, I am going to be at the reception tonight...


I was there. I was the badly dressed dude who forgot that law students and profs dress up--used to historians. Which one were you?

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby TheWire » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Reedie wrote:
TheWire wrote:
Reedie wrote:
TheWire wrote:Looks like I'll be joining u guys! Weekend of March 25th ASW...we should have a theme to dress up to! who's down for laker jerseys @ asw? how about dress up as your favorite pink floyd album? takers?


I'm also living in LA, and love the wire. I hate the lakers though.


Well, I don't have anything nice to say since the Lakers are the only thing I speak more enthusiastically about than the wire. But, I am going to be at the reception tonight...


I was there. I was the badly dressed dude who forgot that law students and profs dress up--used to historians. Which one were you?


PMed...

...Did anyone else go to the LA reception last night?

weebleswobble
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby weebleswobble » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:06 pm

still haven't heard from NYU...

BUT if anyone is looking for a 1 bdrm, we are subletting ours on the UES
Great tree-lined block between Lexington & 3rd in mid-90s.
*Fully furnished
*2 blocks from the 6 train
*Elevator building
*Laundry in the building
*Live-in super
Email carnegiehillapartment@gmail.com for more information and/or to schedule a visit
**Sub-let from owner. No fee.**

User avatar
ravens20
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby ravens20 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:24 am

Anybody else going to this weeks Admitted Students days?

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2781
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby forza » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Happy to join the NYU Law Class of 2013! :D

mockstar
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby mockstar » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:01 pm

forza wrote:Happy to join the NYU Law Class of 2013! :D


Me too!

User avatar
pikalove
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby pikalove » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:06 pm

mockstar wrote:
forza wrote:Happy to join the NYU Law Class of 2013! :D


Me too!


Congrats guys!! Glad to see some more future classmates.

dixiecupdrinking
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:24 am

Hi guys... just put down my deposit! Will probably just go back to lurking, but I've been living in Brooklyn for almost three years (and love it) so if anyone thinking of living off-campus wants neighborhood or apartment advice, let me know.

User avatar
tru
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby tru » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:43 am

.
Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sakura3210
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby Sakura3210 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:35 pm

Submitted my deposit a few days ago, so hi everybody! :)

User avatar
castellon
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby castellon » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 pm

I finally get to visit this week! I've never been to NYC so this is a much needed visit. Still debating taking on the debt though... I was looking into the dorms, but it looks like they are all twin size beds? Not sure I could handle that again. I need to find someone cool to get a place with maybe.

mockstar
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby mockstar » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Sakura3210 wrote:Submitted my deposit a few days ago, so hi everybody! :)


I'm mailing mine in tomorrow!

User avatar
sikwitt
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:39 am

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Postby sikwitt » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:46 pm

castellon wrote:I finally get to visit this week! I've never been to NYC so this is a much needed visit. Still debating taking on the debt though... I was looking into the dorms, but it looks like they are all twin size beds? Not sure I could handle that again. I need to find someone cool to get a place with maybe.



I asked about this. You can bring in a bigger bed, but you cant move the twin out the room. Most people who bring in bigger beds turn the twin into a couch.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests