NYU Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Stanford4Me

Platinum

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Post by Stanford4Me » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Anyone know anything about receiving mail @ NYU? I'm living in Mercer. They gave me the address to the building, but not my mailing address...

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Oh, and I'm also game for a Tuesday night meet-up if everyone else is... Any one have ideas for a venue?

runnerman

New

Post by runnerman » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:Anyone know anything about receiving mail @ NYU? I'm living in Mercer. They gave me the address to the building, but not my mailing address...
I second this inquiry. I'm living off campus but would like to order my business cards and am wondering what address to put on there that I will still have 1,000 cards from now, and seem to recall something about some/all students getting mailboxes in vanderbilt?

spondee

Bronze

Post by spondee » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:28 pm

runnerman wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:Anyone know anything about receiving mail @ NYU? I'm living in Mercer. They gave me the address to the building, but not my mailing address...
I second this inquiry. I'm living off campus but would like to order my business cards and am wondering what address to put on there that I will still have 1,000 cards from now, and seem to recall something about some/all students getting mailboxes in vanderbilt?
We do all have mailboxes in Vanderbilt, but I thought it was just intra-school mail.

As far as Mercer, can't you use the building address + your apt number?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:05 pm

pikalove wrote:Also, has anyone else read the case for orientation? (Sorry if this has been discussed already). Its a bit weird that the first case we are reading is about some friends shooting their other friend in the face....
Haha, yeah, a little violent, but I enjoyed reading it. I hope most of our cases are as easy to read as this one (probably not).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cahesu

New

Post by cahesu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:08 pm

pikalove wrote:Oh, and I'm also game for a Tuesday night meet-up if everyone else is... Any one have ideas for a venue?
About the only venue I know is Bleecker Street Tavern because they took us there for admitted students' weekend on bar review night. Good times. It would work, but I am completely open to suggestions about other places. We passed a bunch of bars on the way to Bleecker St. Tavern, so I'm sure there's one closer. Anyone familiar with the area who would like to suggest a place?

vanish

New

Post by vanish » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:40 pm

So slightly off topic... A couple of guys I know in the class of '13 and I want to get a fantasy football league going. Figured that this would be a faster way of raising interest, so that we'd be ready by next week to draft. We were thinking of doing a 3 year keeper league (or something like that). You don't need to know a lot about football to join (I'll probably draft a kicker in the second round), so send me a message with your e-mail address or respond on here if you're interested and I'll send out invites

and a pre orientation bar night sounds awesome

sikwitt

New

Post by sikwitt » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:49 pm

I'm game for fantasy football.

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:19 am

cahesu wrote:
pikalove wrote:Oh, and I'm also game for a Tuesday night meet-up if everyone else is... Any one have ideas for a venue?
About the only venue I know is Bleecker Street Tavern because they took us there for admitted students' weekend on bar review night. Good times. It would work, but I am completely open to suggestions about other places. We passed a bunch of bars on the way to Bleecker St. Tavern, so I'm sure there's one closer. Anyone familiar with the area who would like to suggest a place?

Blind Tiger Ale House?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:20 am

BenJ wrote:
pikalove wrote:Also, has anyone else read the case for orientation? (Sorry if this has been discussed already). Its a bit weird that the first case we are reading is about some friends shooting their other friend in the face....
Haha, yeah, a little violent, but I enjoyed reading it. I hope most of our cases are as easy to read as this one (probably not).
You're probably right :(. By the way, you are in my section! 1, right?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:25 am

pikalove wrote:
BenJ wrote:
You're probably right :(. By the way, you are in my section! 1, right?
Yup! Not in the same Lawyering section, though. (I'm in section 2 for Lawyering.)

cahesu

New

Post by cahesu » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:27 am

legalnoeagle wrote:
cahesu wrote:

Blind Tiger Ale House?
Googled it. Sounds awesome.

forza

Gold

Post by forza » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 am

Re: campus mail... when you check into the dorms you'll get a room key and a mail key. From what I understand, your mailing address is just the address of the building plus your apartment number/letter. Also, they'll hold packages for you and put a slip in your mailbox.

And count me in for Tuesday meetup and fantasy football. Shibby.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:50 pm

I'll be there Tuesday, and the Blind Tiger sounds awesome. For future meetups, there's also a place nearby called Vol de Nuit, which is a Belgian beer bar. They have a small-ish tap selection, but every single one is delicious. They also have fries and stuff.

Sakura3210

Bronze

Post by Sakura3210 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Blind Tiger looks good! What time's best for everyone?

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:31 pm

10?

Or do you people have a "don't drink until the afternoon" rule or something?

castellon

New

Post by castellon » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:42 pm

clintonius wrote:One of the eval comments that stuck out to me mirrored what you said about his teaching what he thought the law should be rather than what it is -- I appreciate the perspective. I'm not super worried about it, because I know I'll need to learn what to do for all of my professors, but hearing that kind of remark makes me sweat a little bit is all :)

Thanks for responding!
We should be fine though, Barkow and Issacharoff both have great reviews. Contracts will be tough but worth it, and everyone will be struggling. That's what I'm telling myself at least...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:29 pm

We'll definitely be fine. Even if it turns out to be a bit of a wild card, that's part of what we signed up for, right?

I haven't looked at anything for Barkow yet, but I'm checking out Issacharoff's reviews now, and... wow. This is high praise, especially coming from under the veil of anonymity.

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 pm

clintonius wrote:10?

I can do 10 - but I'm open to earlier drinking as well. Can't believe this is all happening so soon!

big_blue79

Bronze

Post by big_blue79 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:32 pm

pikalove wrote:Can't believe this is all happening so soon!
+1

musketeerlady

New

Post by musketeerlady » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Section 4 1L checking in! Like everyone else, I'm also excited for Issacharoff and Barkow, and curious about Epstein. A lot of the reviews were dissing the confusing book (how it was not the final version, no page number etc). The contract book this year is definitely a published one, so hope that lifts some of the issues.

I'm arriving from Asia to the city on Tues morning, so glad to be catching the pre-orientation meet-up Tues night. Please do keep me in the loop!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:02 pm

pikalove wrote:

I can do 10 - but I'm open to earlier drinking as well. Can't believe this is all happening so soon!
Earlier? Churchill had a saying that I try to uphold...

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:23 pm

clintonius wrote:
pikalove wrote:

Earlier? Churchill had a saying that I try to uphold...
Wait - did you mean 10 in the morning? If so, that is probably early enough:) Probably....

straxen

Bronze

Post by straxen » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:30 pm

musketeerlady wrote:I'm arriving from Asia to the city on Tues morning, so glad to be catching the pre-orientation meet-up Tues night. Please do keep me in the loop!
Also flying in on Tues., assuming all goes well with my flight happy to meet up with some of you.

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Why don't we do 9pm? Early enough for people to eat beforehand and late enough for people to feel like we are boozing in th
e evening.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”