NYU Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
BenJ

Silver

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Post by BenJ » Tue May 18, 2010 11:04 am

Aahhhh! And I haven't even graduated from UG yet...

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Wed May 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Would anybody here be so kind as to copy and paste a list of summer deadlines? I'm having all kinds of trouble with the admitted students site, and I'd hate to blow something important because of it.

yeff

Bronze

Post by yeff » Wed May 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Housing app was due 5/15
College questionnaire, final official transxript - 7/1
Immunization forms - 8/15
Final confirmation of Intent to Enroll 8/4
Tuition payment 8/10
Orienation begins 8/25

If you haven't already, you should get a letter with the above info and some forms by snail mail.

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Wed May 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Yup, got the packet over the weekend. Thanks!

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Thu May 20, 2010 5:00 am

There was some stuff somewhere about loans too... like the application process begins in June and the applications have to be in by the end of July? Dunno if that was in the packet or online though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Thu May 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Yeah, I am eager to get the loan information -- I think the finaid app FAQ said something about sending us more info in June. I'm running on the assumption that they don't actually expect us to fork over $22k on August 10, given the general consensus that our commie government handouts come much later than that.

Rock of Love

New

Post by Rock of Love » Sun May 23, 2010 11:14 pm

yeff wrote:Housing app was due 5/15
Tuition payment 8/10
Orienation begins 8/25

If you haven't already, you should get a letter with the above info and some forms by snail mail.
So I'm sure this packet has reached my home address in the States, but I'm abroad for another month - does anyone know if actual orientation events begin on the 25th, or is this just a move-in day? I'm trying to figure out when I need to fly in. If events begin on the 25th, I might move in a few days early just to get situated.

Also, I haven't even visited the campus yet but will as soon as I get back to the States end of June....anyone going to be around NYC and want to show me around?? :)

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:51 am

Rock of Love wrote:
Tuition payment 8/10
Orienation begins 8/25

So I'm sure this packet has reached my home address in the States, but I'm abroad for another month - does anyone know if actual orientation events begin on the 25th, or is this just a move-in day? I'm trying to figure out when I need to fly in. If events begin on the 25th, I might move in a few days early just to get situated.

Also, I haven't even visited the campus yet but will as soon as I get back to the States end of June....anyone going to be around NYC and want to show me around?? :)
I was told that every day of orientation was mandatory, so I assume events start on the 25th.

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:58 am

Also, I am a non-native New Yorker and wouldn't be very good at showing anyone around, but we should have our NYC meetup in the village, so then people could walk around at look at the buildings!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sarahdutta

New

Post by sarahdutta » Fri May 28, 2010 11:18 am

Yes! I'd love to meet my future classmates before August! :D

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Sun May 30, 2010 10:02 am

So, when should we have this meet-up? Because it definitely has to happen.

Rock of Love

New

Post by Rock of Love » Sun May 30, 2010 10:33 am

I'll be in NY the 21-25 of June...

Sakura3210

Bronze

Post by Sakura3210 » Sun May 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Hmm...should we have multiple meet-ups? 'Cause I'll probably be leaving the city in the third week or so of June.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Sun May 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Live here, so I'm available whenever. Weekend(s) of the 19th or 26th work best...

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:41 am

I live here too. Multiple meetups sound awesome because I have no friends north of DC. :P :? :cry: I can't do the 11th-14th of June or the last two days of July/first two weeks of August, but other than that I am wide open. So, looking at the availability others have voiced so far... would we be looking at one meetup before the last week of June and another in July?

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Mon May 31, 2010 5:37 am

I am available for the July one...looking forward to it!

WrappedUpInBooks

Bronze

Post by WrappedUpInBooks » Mon May 31, 2010 7:15 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Rock of Love wrote:
Tuition payment 8/10
Orienation begins 8/25

I was told that every day of orientation was mandatory, so I assume events start on the 25th.
Orientation starts the 25th, and that's also move-in day.... so I'm assuming events start in the afternoon or something?

If you want to move in earlier, you have to submit an early arrival application to do so. No idea if this is basically a formality and they'll let anyone get there early to settle in, or if you have to have a real reason.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Sakura3210

Bronze

Post by Sakura3210 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:26 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:I live here too. Multiple meetups sound awesome because I have no friends north of DC. :P :? :cry: I can't do the 11th-14th of June or the last two days of July/first two weeks of August, but other than that I am wide open. So, looking at the availability others have voiced so far... would we be looking at one meetup before the last week of June and another in July?
Sounds good to me. Anyone got a particular spot they think is good for a meetup?

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Mon May 31, 2010 2:34 pm

WrappedUpInBooks wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Rock of Love wrote:
Tuition payment 8/10
Orienation begins 8/25

Orientation starts the 25th, and that's also move-in day.... so I'm assuming events start in the afternoon or something?

If you want to move in earlier, you have to submit an early arrival application to do so. No idea if this is basically a formality and they'll let anyone get there early to settle in, or if you have to have a real reason.

I'm actually going to call housing next week to figure this out. I know the apartments are furnished, but there's still a lot to arrange/bring when "moving in" (clothes, dishes, etc.). We were going to get a small U-haul to do the job. I wonder if they'll assign times during which one can park one's vehicle and actually get stuff into the building. It sounds like it could get a touch chaotic.

Anyone get a housing assignment yet? It would be so nice to have that squared away.

kinch

Bronze

Post by kinch » Mon May 31, 2010 4:18 pm

Hey fellow class of 2013ers... I just moved into D'agostino since I'm working in the city during the summer. Let me just say: living in the village is awesome.

Rock of Love

New

Post by Rock of Love » Mon May 31, 2010 11:36 pm

neimanmarxist wrote:
I'm actually going to call housing next week to figure this out. I know the apartments are furnished, but there's still a lot to arrange/bring when "moving in" (clothes, dishes, etc.). We were going to get a small U-haul to do the job. I wonder if they'll assign times during which one can park one's vehicle and actually get stuff into the building. It sounds like it could get a touch chaotic.
You're awesome, niemanmarxist. Can you let us know what they say? My skype connection abroad is way too sub par for me to call and I've been hoping someone would :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:57 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:I live here too. Multiple meetups sound awesome because I have no friends north of DC. :P :? :cry: I can't do the 11th-14th of June or the last two days of July/first two weeks of August, but other than that I am wide open. So, looking at the availability others have voiced so far... would we be looking at one meetup before the last week of June and another in July?
Sounds good to me. I can do pretty much any day but June 23 and might not be around in mid-July.

sikwitt

New

Post by sikwitt » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:32 am

forza wrote:Anybody else here pumped to try out for the basketball team to play for the Dean's Cup next year? Looked through that photo gallery on Facebook and it looked like a lot of fun.
Not to rain on your parade, but its pretty competitive. The last 3 years the team was captained by a 4 year varsity player from Cal. Apparently the competition level is pretty high.

Bodega

New

Post by Bodega » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:30 am

I'm going to be planning a meetup or two in Boston this summer. If you're in the area PM me to get on the mailing list!

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:46 am

Rock of Love wrote:
neimanmarxist wrote:
You're awesome, niemanmarxist. Can you let us know what they say? My skype connection abroad is way too sub par for me to call and I've been hoping someone would :)
OK, so I just talked to them (they were really nice.) This is what they said
1) The first day of orientation, Aug. 25th, is basically moving in. Maybe you get your schedule/ID too? Who knows.
2) There is no loading dock or similar where you can leave your vehicle/UHAUL for a few minutes. You have to find street parking (no double parking), get your apartment keys, get what they call a "bin", load it up, and do it that way. Sounds realllly fun.
3) You can apply to arrive a day early or a few days early. Which costs money, of course. They will try and put you in the same apartment you will actually be living in for your early arrival. The advantage of this is that you can then do the moving in like, the middle of the night, or the early morning, if necessary, when there is more street parking available. I think that's what we'll try and do, even if it means that we do the actual moving at six a.m. on orientation day.

So it sounds like one way or another moving in is kind of a nightmarish experience. But isn't it always? Hope this helps.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”