NYU Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
kinch

Bronze

Re: NYU Class of 2013

Post by kinch » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:40 pm

pikalove wrote:So, given that the NYU ED deposit deadline has officially passed, I guess we should just assume that they got them???

I sent mine at the beginning of Jan, but no word. This is slightly stressful. I know a number of us are in the same boat, so has anyone received any news on that front???
I called them a while ago, and they said they got it but it takes them a while to send confirmation.

straxen

Bronze

Post by straxen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:22 pm

kinch wrote:
pikalove wrote:So, given that the NYU ED deposit deadline has officially passed, I guess we should just assume that they got them???

I sent mine at the beginning of Jan, but no word. This is slightly stressful. I know a number of us are in the same boat, so has anyone received any news on that front???
I called them a while ago, and they said they got it but it takes them a while to send confirmation.
I'm just assuming that this is working the same way as the complete e-mails did with our applications. Although, I've never heard of anybody not cashing checks for so long.

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:12 pm

I haven't actually received the acceptance package yet (only know my status because of obsessive admitted student site checking), so I was wondering if it included the application for financial aid. I'm unable find it anywhere on the website.

Also, is there a consensus on bringing girlfriends, fiancees, etc. to the ASW's? Thanks

facetious

Bronze

Post by facetious » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:17 pm

kinch wrote:

same. they said they had mine, and not much else. i just wish they would cash my damn check already. every time i check my bank account i am filled with such optimism until i remember that i can't spend any money for fear of my check bouncing.

facetious

Bronze

Post by facetious » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:19 pm

TheWire wrote:Looks like I'll be joining u guys! Weekend of March 25th ASW...we should have a theme to dress up to! who's down for laker jerseys @ asw? how about dress up as your favorite pink floyd album? takers?
haha, i like it. i'm going to the same ASW (i think). how many others for that weekend?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CanadianEH

New

Post by CanadianEH » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Does NYU send a follow up in the mail with a folder//more info on the school?

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:21 pm

CanadianEH wrote:Does NYU send a follow up in the mail with a folder//more info on the school?
Yep--you'll get a magazine, viewbook, faculty book, and a fun map of New York with an invitation to ASW!

jammybaby

New

Post by jammybaby » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:26 pm

pikalove wrote:
straxen wrote:+1 for March 4th/5th...now to find a way to get out of work on those days.
I'm also going March 4 & 5!! .....I'm thinking of finding a hostel. Any one have any good ideas on that front?
Also going that weekend. Will probably stay with friends so I don't have to pay.....

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:12 pm

I shall be at this "ASW" you speak of (probably). Does anyone know what is going on the 2nd night?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Veyron wrote:I shall be at this "ASW" you speak of (probably). Does anyone know what is going on the 2nd night?
I get the sense that nothing official is going on...but I'm sure others who are staying that night will be happy to go out!

CanadianEH

New

Post by CanadianEH » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:01 pm

The aid application is up, in case anyone missed it. Hopefully they get back to us quickly!

fahd.reyaz

New

Post by fahd.reyaz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:42 am

lsathalon wrote:
Veyron wrote:I shall be at this "ASW" you speak of (probably). Does anyone know what is going on the 2nd night?
I get the sense that nothing official is going on...but I'm sure others who are staying that night will be happy to go out!
Hey guys, I can't go to the march 4/5 ASW because of work but I'm going to go to the late march one. I happen to live a few blocks from nyu these days, it would be awesome if someone shot me a msg about some of those "nothing official" things that might be going on those evenings--I'd like to meet up. I guess PM me and I'll give you my phone number, not sure if it is safe to publicly display it.

If someone wants to save a few bucks, I'll ask my brother if we can have a random person or two stay over that weekend. Not sure what he'll say. i live on st. marks (8th st.) between 1st and 2nd so it isn't the boons.

f/R

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:33 pm

fahd.reyaz wrote:
lsathalon wrote:
Hey guys, I can't go to the march 4/5 ASW because of work but I'm going to go to the late march one. I happen to live a few blocks from nyu these days, it would be awesome if someone shot me a msg about some of those "nothing official" things that might be going on those evenings--I'd like to meet up. I guess PM me and I'll give you my phone number, not sure if it is safe to publicly display it.

If someone wants to save a few bucks, I'll ask my brother if we can have a random person or two stay over that weekend. Not sure what he'll say. i live on st. marks (8th st.) between 1st and 2nd so it isn't the boons.

+1 for the pm on the meetup. If nothing is planned ee should try to organize something.

f/R

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fahd.reyaz

New

Post by fahd.reyaz » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Hey, here is a list (short) of the people that would like to be notified of any of the happenings on March 4/5 in the evening. I guess PM us for our phone numbers? If more people respond I'll update it.

* fahd.reyaz
* veyron

kinch

Bronze

Post by kinch » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Just got the confirmation email that they cashed my deposit. It includes the link to set up your NYU email... which I'm sure means we'll all be excited to add NYU to our facebooks.

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Just set up my NYU email!

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Has anyone had any luck finding the housing application? I know they said it's up, but I can't locate it!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:38 pm

Finally got enrollment confirmation. Excited to hear that they give a rebate on one month of housing (since its so damn expensive).

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:39 pm

ravens20 wrote:Finally got enrollment confirmation. Excited to hear that they give a rebate on one month of housing (since its so damn expensive).
A rebate? How does that work?

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:40 pm

lsathalon wrote:Has anyone had any luck finding the housing application? I know they said it's up, but I can't locate it!
From the email I just got after submitting deposit (link doesn't work for me though):

Applying for NYU School of Law Housing

The housing application for entering students is now live on the Residence Services Web site (http://editweb.law.nyu.edu/housing/index.htm) . We are pleased to inform you that the housing rates for the 2010-11 academic year have not been increased, the rates for several apartment types in Mercer Residence have been reduced, and all entering students are also eligible for a one month rent rebate. Law School housing, offering numerous amenities, advantageous rates, and an ideal NYC location, is a wonderful option for all students.

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:41 pm

scribelaw wrote:
ravens20 wrote:Finally got enrollment confirmation. Excited to hear that they give a rebate on one month of housing (since its so damn expensive).
I have no idea; check out my last post for an excerpt from the email. I'm guessing you get one month off later after paying for it up front. But of course you might just get back a percentage. Who knows...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:45 pm

ravens20 wrote:
scribelaw wrote:
I have no idea; check out my last post for an excerpt from the email. I'm guessing you get one month off later after paying for it up front. But of course you might just get back a percentage. Who knows...
Yeah, I bet they pro-rate it -- it's all paid from loans to NYU anyway.

That's cool, though. I didn't realize that.

I also like how NYU lets you move in early, if you want, for a daily rate. That's huge for me -- it'll give me time to figure out the city, the subway, where to grocery shop, etc., before classes set in.

maudlinstreet

Bronze

Post by maudlinstreet » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:10 pm

I just had a nice conversation with an NYU alum (who was an alumni of my UG as well) about the law school. I really think the personal calls are a really nice touch!

pikalove

Bronze

Post by pikalove » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:30 pm

maudlinstreet wrote:I just had a nice conversation with an NYU alum (who was an alumni of my UG as well) about the law school. I really think the personal calls are a really nice touch!
I just had one this afternoon too!! What a nice guy.... I agree it was a wonderful personal touch.

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 pm

pikalove wrote:
maudlinstreet wrote:I just had a nice conversation with an NYU alum (who was an alumni of my UG as well) about the law school. I really think the personal calls are a really nice touch!
I just had one this afternoon too!! What a nice guy.... I agree it was a wonderful personal touch.
My guy emailed instead of calling...I feel a bit unloved :?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”