GULC c/o 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gobears09 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:00 pm

scribelaw wrote:I just accepted at GULC yesterday!

Very excited.


After seeing your poll I thought for sure you were going to choose NYU... Congrats on your scholarship and welcome!

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby scribelaw » Tue May 04, 2010 10:30 pm

gobears09 wrote:
scribelaw wrote:I just accepted at GULC yesterday!

Very excited.


After seeing your poll I thought for sure you were going to choose NYU... Congrats on your scholarship and welcome!


It was a tough call, but I feel really good about GULC. Can't wait for the fall.

I'm not sure on living situation yet. I put in for the housing lottery and I'm going to visit DC in a few weeks. So I'm going to see how nice the on-campus apartments are. It'd be nice to be that close and not have to wake up and take the Metro every day to get to class. Depends on what I get in the lottery, I guess.

gators88
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gators88 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:57 pm

Unitas wrote:
scribelaw wrote:I just accepted at GULC yesterday!

Very excited.


Welcome, welcome.. You know where you are going to live?

I have two finals tomorrow then I am officially done with UG. Greatness. Now if only I could care and stop playing treasure isle...



I've been done for 2 weeks now. I'm enjoying doing nothing for summer but part of me wishes it was August already.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue May 04, 2010 11:59 pm

gators88 wrote:
Unitas wrote:
scribelaw wrote:I just accepted at GULC yesterday!

Very excited.


Welcome, welcome.. You know where you are going to live?

I have two finals tomorrow then I am officially done with UG. Greatness. Now if only I could care and stop playing treasure isle...



I've been done for 2 weeks now. I'm enjoying doing nothing for summer but part of me wishes it was August already.



Agreed. I couldn't possibly have less to do right now.

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Wed May 05, 2010 8:11 am

Told my boss I was leaving for law school at the end of July. She gave me a hug. This made me happy.

Anyone need a roommate (or two)? I like sports, pets, and occasionally alcohol. I dislike smoke.

I hate apartment shopping.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Wed May 05, 2010 8:44 am

Interminable_Waiting wrote:Told my boss I was leaving for law school at the end of July. She gave me a hug. This made me happy.

Anyone need a roommate (or two)? I like sports, pets, and occasionally alcohol. I dislike smoke.

I hate apartment shopping.


Wait a few weeks, and quite a few of us may need one.... Most of us are waiting on apartments at Georgetown and if we don't get what we want we'll probably be looking. :?

And a hug? Really?? At least they are letting you continue to work.

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Wed May 05, 2010 8:49 am

Unitas wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:Told my boss I was leaving for law school at the end of July. She gave me a hug. This made me happy.

Anyone need a roommate (or two)? I like sports, pets, and occasionally alcohol. I dislike smoke.

I hate apartment shopping.


Wait a few weeks, and quite a few of us may need one.... Most of us are waiting on apartments at Georgetown and if we don't get what we want we'll probably be looking. :?

And a hug? Really?? At least they are letting you continue to work.


Yeah my boss is amazing! My job is just boring.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Wed May 05, 2010 9:21 am

With the facebook group do you chat with each other? Or is if just silence?

* I haven't joined it. yet.*

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Wed May 05, 2010 9:49 am

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PheelTheMusic
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby PheelTheMusic » Wed May 05, 2010 12:48 pm

scribelaw wrote:I just accepted at GULC yesterday!

Very excited.


Congrats and welcome!

User avatar
Topher
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:43 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Topher » Wed May 05, 2010 12:54 pm

stace83 wrote:Does anyone know when we choose curriculum A vs. B? I don't remember seeing anything about it yet.


From the Admitted Students' Website:
"Curriculum Assignment
The Registrar’s office will be posting your first year section and curriculum assignment, including your course schedule, on the website by the end of June. Full-time students will receive detailed information regarding curriculum selection via email in May."


So, sometime this month we'll get an email telling us how to make our selection, as I understand it.

Thinking of Curriculum B?

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Torvon » Wed May 05, 2010 1:38 pm

Did anyone receive confirmation that they received your signed financial aid letter after you sent it in? I faxed mine in last week and haven't heard anything.

User avatar
volsi
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby volsi » Wed May 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Topher wrote:
stace83 wrote:Does anyone know when we choose curriculum A vs. B? I don't remember seeing anything about it yet.


From the Admitted Students' Website:
"Curriculum Assignment
The Registrar’s office will be posting your first year section and curriculum assignment, including your course schedule, on the website by the end of June. Full-time students will receive detailed information regarding curriculum selection via email in May."


So, sometime this month we'll get an email telling us how to make our selection, as I understand it.

Thinking of Curriculum B?


Ooh, I am doing A but I am excited to see who of you will be in a section with me. Watch they put us all together.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Wed May 05, 2010 4:28 pm

I am doing Curriculum A...

GTU Law Center is how Georgetown Law shows up on credit card statements.. I like it better than GULC.

User avatar
Burberry by Burberry
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Wed May 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Curriculum A for me, as well.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Burberry by Burberry wrote:Curriculum A for me, as well.

Definitely A for me as well.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Wed May 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Curriculum A here, too! Hopefully, we be in a section together : )

Is anyone going to be in DC around the end of May? I'll be there May 21-26.

I can't wait to receive my housing assignment! I just want to know already.

This thread is definitely much more active than the fb group, even though I'm sure there's overlap. Much more fun when everyone doesn't have real identities and we only know each other by our avatars and screennames :P

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Wed May 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Has anyone posted on the fb group??? I'll try and figure out who everyone is... I just read through it - I didn't friend it or whatever you do.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Wed May 05, 2010 7:44 pm

Unitas wrote:Has anyone posted on the fb group??? I'll try and figure out who everyone is... I just read through it - I didn't friend it or whatever you do.


I haveeee!!!!

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Wed May 05, 2010 7:52 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
Unitas wrote:Has anyone posted on the fb group??? I'll try and figure out who everyone is... I just read through it - I didn't friend it or whatever you do.


I haveeee!!!!


Neato.. One day I too will post on it. That day isn't today... I have to figure out a schedule for my time out of school. Hopefully we get room assignments a little earlier than last year, so I can plan properly.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:37 pm

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Unitas wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:
Unitas wrote:Has anyone posted on the fb group??? I'll try and figure out who everyone is... I just read through it - I didn't friend it or whatever you do.


I haveeee!!!!


Neato.. One day I too will post on it. That day isn't today... I have to figure out a schedule for my time out of school. Hopefully we get room assignments a little earlier than last year, so I can plan properly.

I haven't either. It's not that hard to figure out who I am, though :D

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby dk8 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:51 pm

sup people. about to deposit at gulc. anyone started looking for apts outside of gewirz?

DanInALionsDen
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:00 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed May 05, 2010 8:54 pm

I'll be faxing my signed acceptance over either tomorrow or Friday. See you guys in DC.

User avatar
Topher
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:43 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Topher » Wed May 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Unitas wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:
Unitas wrote:Has anyone posted on the fb group??? I'll try and figure out who everyone is... I just read through it - I didn't friend it or whatever you do.


I haveeee!!!!


Neato.. One day I too will post on it. That day isn't today... I have to figure out a schedule for my time out of school. Hopefully we get room assignments a little earlier than last year, so I can plan properly.

I haven't either. It's not that hard to figure out who I am, though :D



It's not too hard to figure out who I am either...damn, we were so original in our forum names.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest