GULC c/o 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
PheelTheMusic

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby PheelTheMusic » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:54 pm

Kim617 wrote:Giants games, forget it. There's like a 50 year wait for season tickets, though I think they crossed some names off because people legitimately cannot afford to buy seats at [strike]Giants[/strike] Meadowlands Stadium (it'll always be Giants stadium Jets fans!).

The wait list is actually done altogether and seats aren't even sold out yet. Same deal for Jets whose wait list was nearly as long.

You can keep Giants stadium! Way to close it out in style....oh, right.... :wink: I seem to recall green and white confetti falling from the skies on a freezing evening at the meadowlands last winter when we said our goodbyes....

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:55 pm

Unitas wrote:I've wondered this for a while. Why doesn't Georgetown Law have a huge endowment? It graduates (I believe) the most students out of the T14. You would think this would allow them to garner a lot of support from graduates. Plus, they let in a bunch of PT people that otherwise wouldn’t get into the T14, I would expect them to be grateful and donate. (This isn't bad about PT, but in the past PT was a great way to get into the T14. Nothing wrong with that.)

Anyone know the reason?

Okay, disclaimer: I do not know the reason.

But here are my uneducated guesses!

Georgetown has such a heavy focus on public interest work...graduates in public interest probably don't have the most $$ to donate back, necessarily. Also, where does the LRAP money come from? I feel like the awesomely amazing LRAP program helps to compensate for the lack of endowment.

Also, thanks to those who just got scholarships for giving me hope, as I'm an alternate.

Postby 02122015 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:21 am

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:32 am

PheelTheMusic wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Giants games, forget it. There's like a 50 year wait for season tickets, though I think they crossed some names off because people legitimately cannot afford to buy seats at [strike]Giants[/strike] Meadowlands Stadium (it'll always be Giants stadium Jets fans!).

The wait list is actually done altogether and seats aren't even sold out yet. Same deal for Jets whose wait list was nearly as long.

You can keep Giants stadium! Way to close it out in style....oh, right.... :wink: I seem to recall green and white confetti falling from the skies on a freezing evening at the meadowlands last winter when we said our goodbyes....

Yeah, I was hearing that they were having trouble, because didn't you have to pay a couple of thousand for the rights to even buy seats? No one could afford them.

Ugh, last year was painful. Like physically painful. They better pull it together this year.

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:40 am

HAPPY NFL DRAFT DAY!!!

But for the record, I dislike that it's on a Thursday night!

PheelTheMusic

Postby PheelTheMusic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:08 am

Happy NFL Draft Day!

I'm excited to rock my Jets gear around Boston today :)

starrydecisus wrote:HAPPY NFL DRAFT DAY!!!

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:13 am

PheelTheMusic wrote:Happy NFL Draft Day!

I'm excited to rock my Jets gear around Boston today :)

starrydecisus wrote:HAPPY NFL DRAFT DAY!!!

I think this is going to be one of the more interesting drafts in recent years, and I am super pumped for the split format. So many issues...

1) There are four big-name QB's who could all go in the 1st round, but three of them could slip down to the bottom or (2 of them) even into the 2nd round.
2) Ben could be traded to a Top 10 pick team, which is a huge story.
3) The format could mean lots and lots of trades because of the time between rounds 1 and 2, so teams can reset their draft boards.
4) The Patriots have four picks in the first two rounds, and this is supposed to be a really deep draft due to all the underclassmen coming out to beat the lockout.

I worked extra this week so I can only do a half-day tomorrow. Man I love football.

PheelTheMusic

Postby PheelTheMusic » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:I think this is going to be one of the more interesting drafts in recent years, and I am super pumped for the split format. So many issues...

1) There are four big-name QB's who could all go in the 1st round, but three of them could slip down to the bottom or (2 of them) even into the 2nd round.
2) Ben could be traded to a Top 10 pick team, which is a huge story.
3) The format could mean lots and lots of trades because of the time between rounds 1 and 2, so teams can reset their draft boards.
4) The Patriots have four picks in the first two rounds, and this is supposed to be a really deep draft due to all the underclassmen coming out to beat the lockout.

I worked extra this week so I can only do a half-day tomorrow. Man I love football.

I can't wait to sit down on the couch in front of my giant TV at 7:30 tonight...

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:49 pm

Will you all teach me about sports when I get there?
I don't know teams "except family has always been fans of philly teams" or really anything about most sports, so if someone would teach me that'd be great.

js87

Postby js87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Coming from a Florida school that isn't UF, I'm very anti-Tebow. My bet is that he's going to Buffalo, but I'll definitely be watching the draft tonight.

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Unitas wrote:Will you all teach me about sports when I get there?
I don't know teams "except family has always been fans of philly teams" or really anything about most sports, so if someone would teach me that'd be great.

I will teach you all about the New England teams; those are the ones you are going to wanna follow...

Seriously though, Philly is a great sports town too and has great sports teams, so you might wanna stick with them. Or maybe one can just be a sports fan... that is a foreign concept to me, but I suppose some people just enjoy sports without rooting for a certain team.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
Unitas wrote:Will you all teach me about sports when I get there?

I will teach you all about the New England teams; those are the ones you are going to wanna follow...

Seriously though, Philly is a great sports town too and has great sports teams, so you might wanna stick with them. Or maybe one can just be a sports fan... that is a foreign concept to me, but I suppose some people just enjoy sports without rooting for a certain team.

Definitely NOT New England, and I can't stand Philly either. New York is the superior city, and has much more exciting sports teams to follow. I'll teach you everything I know about NY teams (specifically Yankees/Giants) :)

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 pm

js87 wrote:Coming from a Florida school that isn't UF, I'm very anti-Tebow. My bet is that he's going to Buffalo, but I'll definitely be watching the draft tonight.

What school do you go to? You may have already said this earlier but I cannot remember, so sorry if I'm making you repeat!

I go to UCF, so I'm very anti-UF! They hate on us all the time. I'm neutral on Tebow but he's [strike]kinda[/strike] definitely is a whiney baby. There's no crying in football! Except maybe if you win the big game :)

Did you hear back when Crist was asking the Jags to draft Tebow to keep in him (and the Jags) Florida?! Thought that was crazyyyy!!

I am so very hopeful that the Bucs can get Suh. Come on, Detroit, you know what want an offensive lineman! Not Suh! Give us Suh!!! Although, with the Bucs management, Suh will be on the board, and they'll take someone lame. I just want to make this last season mean something!

js87

Postby js87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:16 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
js87 wrote:Coming from a Florida school that isn't UF, I'm very anti-Tebow. My bet is that he's going to Buffalo, but I'll definitely be watching the draft tonight.

What school do you go to? You may have already said this earlier but I cannot remember, so sorry if I'm making you repeat!

I go to UCF, so I'm very anti-UF! They hate on us all the time. I'm neutral on Tebow but he's [strike]kinda[/strike] definitely is a whiney baby. There's no crying in football! Except maybe if you win the big game :)

Did you hear back when Crist was asking the Jags to draft Tebow to keep in him (and the Jags) Florida?! Thought that was crazyyyy!!

I am so very hopeful that the Bucs can get Suh. Come on, Detroit, you know what want an offensive lineman! Not Suh! Give us Suh!!! Although, with the Bucs management, Suh will be on the board, and they'll take someone lame. I just want to make this last season mean something!

Ah cool, small world. I went to FAU but have a ton of friends at UCF. UF kids definitely hate on FAU too, haha. I think if the Jags actually took Tebow it would help them actually sell tickets, since their stadium is usually empty :lol:

Postby 02122015 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Similar to MSP, I arrived home to a rejection from NYU. I will send in my scholarship form tomorrow morning.

Time to apartment hunt.

volsi

Postby volsi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:57 pm

So it looks like I got a big fat 0 in Financial Aid. MyAccess just lists loans, no tuition grants. I guess I shouldn't have invested in a stock plan or a 401k, or saved any money at all. Too bad I'm pretty poor otherwise.
Oh well, I'll get over it by being wildly successful.

Grats to the rest of you.

Postby 02122015 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:06 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nax425

Postby nax425 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:27 pm

God, I would love to get some $$$. Gtown, please shine down on me, 2!

edit: scratch that. So if myaccess shows us a full 68k and theres no scholarship, grant, nothing - then the fat lady has sung? screw this!

night06

Postby night06 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:54 pm

nax425 wrote:God, I would love to get some $$$. Gtown, please shine down on me, 2!

edit: scratch that. So if myaccess shows us a full 68k and theres no scholarship, grant, nothing - then the fat lady has sung? screw this!

Same here. Sticker is terrifying. At least Georgetown has a great LRAP...

volsi

Postby volsi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Yeah, they add up to 68k. It's ok, I knew this was a possibility and I made my choice knowing it. I'm not entitled to anything, and I am happy to be attending my first choice school.

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:45 pm

volsi wrote:Yeah, they add up to 68k. It's ok, I knew this was a possibility and I made my choice knowing it. I'm not entitled to anything, and I am happy to be attending my first choice school.

My loans add up to 68K, too :(

Did you have Work Study listed?

LRAP is good though! So we can be happy with that. Kind of like a post-graduation scholarship. lol

I feel the same way, too. I was very fortunate to be able to save some scholarship money from undergrad, but it's still not nearly enough to pay for Georgetown. Like someone on this thread said recently, GO GO GADGET LRAP!!!

In other news, I'm sad that the Lions stole Suh :( Hopefully, McCoy will be just as awesome.

Edit for Happiness at going to Georgetown, since I don't want to be too emo using two sad faces. These shall compensate:

:D :) :D :) :D :) :D

night06

Postby night06 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:41 pm

I have work study listed, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Will we really have time for that in law school?

volsi

Postby volsi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:52 pm

I don't have Work Study. I'll do it 2L, but definitely not 1L.

amolson04

Postby amolson04 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 pm

night06 wrote:I have work study listed, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Will we really have time for that in law school?

i am wondering the same thing ...

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”