GULC c/o 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
PheelTheMusic
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby PheelTheMusic » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:11 pm

gobears09 wrote:
PheelTheMusic wrote:
gobears09 wrote:Got my acceptance letter from GULC today, Andy wrote "Thank you for your patience" at the end of his note!


Welcome! Chicago Bears?


Thanks! And thats the CAL Bears!


ahh good for you!

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby beef wellington » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 pm

gobears09 wrote:Got my acceptance letter from GULC today, Andy wrote "Thank you for your patience" at the end of his note!

wth, you were on the WL all of a week! :wink:

User avatar
volsi
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby volsi » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Grats, Bears. And welcome!

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Officially withdrew from everywhere else! I sent in my scholly acceptance this morning, I'M A GEORGETOWN DEFINITE!

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gobears09 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:50 pm

beef wellington wrote:
gobears09 wrote:Got my acceptance letter from GULC today, Andy wrote "Thank you for your patience" at the end of his note!

wth, you were on the WL all of a week! :wink:


Hahaha I know! Still appreciated it. Im sure yours will say something along those lines also.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Congrats, Gobears!!!!

and

Congrats, Kim, on officially making the decision!!! You're gonna be a Hoya!

User avatar
volsi
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby volsi » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:13 pm

Kim617 wrote:Officially withdrew from everywhere else! I sent in my scholly acceptance this morning, I'M A GEORGETOWN DEFINITE!


Yay! We can practice our Staten Island accents some more in the fall. :D

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:16 pm

volsi wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Officially withdrew from everywhere else! I sent in my scholly acceptance this morning, I'M A GEORGETOWN DEFINITE!


Yay! We can practice our Staten Island accents some more in the fall. :D

Ha, it's usually dormant unless I'm around some other staten island person. I guess that will be you :)

User avatar
volsi
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby volsi » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:29 pm

Kim617 wrote:
volsi wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Officially withdrew from everywhere else! I sent in my scholly acceptance this morning, I'M A GEORGETOWN DEFINITE!


Yay! We can practice our Staten Island accents some more in the fall. :D

Ha, it's usually dormant unless I'm around some other staten island person. I guess that will be you :)


Mine is too, I escaped... wow, 8 years ago. I kinda like doing it though, it feels silly. Today at work I had a fake argument with a co-worker where he was in full Brooklyn accent and I in full Staten Island. It was really funny. I can also do the south-brooklyn Russian girl accent.

... I'm sure these talents will serve me well in DC. 8-)

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:44 pm

volsi wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
volsi wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Officially withdrew from everywhere else! I sent in my scholly acceptance this morning, I'M A GEORGETOWN DEFINITE!


Yay! We can practice our Staten Island accents some more in the fall. :D

Ha, it's usually dormant unless I'm around some other staten island person. I guess that will be you :)


Mine is too, I escaped... wow, 8 years ago. I kinda like doing it though, it feels silly. Today at work I had a fake argument with a co-worker where he was in full Brooklyn accent and I in full Staten Island. It was really funny. I can also do the south-brooklyn Russian girl accent.

... I'm sure these talents will serve me well in DC. 8-)

Ha yeah, mine is much more bensonhurst than staten island, but both are pretty similar.

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Torvon » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:55 pm

Myaccess is still telling me that there is no financial aid information for me for the 2010-2011 school year. Under the student requirements the only thing I haven't completed is the entrance interview. Do I need to complete that before they will tell me how much they're going to help me out, or do I just need more patience?

wackadoodle
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:02 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby wackadoodle » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Kim617 wrote:Officially withdrew from everywhere else! I sent in my scholly acceptance this morning, I'M A GEORGETOWN DEFINITE!



+1 faxed this afternoon! soo excited!!

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby js87 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Last week I withdrew from all the other schools after faxing over my form accepting a spot and small scholarship at GULC. Cornell sent me a letter today, despite withdrawing from them last week, offering me $30,000 per year. Completely, 100% unexpected... and almost 3x my Georgetown scholarship.

I still feel like I made the right decision with Georgetown. I love GULC but it stings a bit because I'm very debt averse and unhappy about the idea of making a career out of biglaw. :|

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:54 pm

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:04 pm

js87 wrote:Last week I withdrew from all the other schools after faxing over my form accepting a spot and small scholarship at GULC. Cornell sent me a letter today, despite withdrawing from them last week, offering me $30,000 per year. Completely, 100% unexpected... and almost 3x my Georgetown scholarship.

I still feel like I made the right decision with Georgetown. I love GULC but it stings a bit because I'm very debt averse and unhappy about the idea of making a career out of biglaw. :|


Wow, that sucks... However, Georgetown is a great school..

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gobears09 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:11 pm

Does anybody know how early Gerwiz opens? Is it like a college dorm where you dont move in until a week before classes?

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:40 pm

gobears09 wrote:Does anybody know how early Gerwiz opens? Is it like a college dorm where you dont move in until a week before classes?

I'm pretty sure move-in is August 21st, and not before that. I don't know if you can move in early, but that's the date they have on the web site.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:41 pm

BTW, Fordham is ignoring my withdrawal. They sent me an e-mail today reminding me that my deposit is due on the 15th, after I had already withdrawn. So then, I even responded to that email withdrawing again. They're just pretending like I didn't withdraw.

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Kim617 wrote:BTW, Fordham is ignoring my withdrawal. They sent me an e-mail today reminding me that my deposit is due on the 15th, after I had already withdrawn. So then, I even responded to that email withdrawing again. They're just pretending like I didn't withdraw.


+1

User avatar
volsi
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby volsi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
Kim617 wrote:BTW, Fordham is ignoring my withdrawal. They sent me an e-mail today reminding me that my deposit is due on the 15th, after I had already withdrawn. So then, I even responded to that email withdrawing again. They're just pretending like I didn't withdraw.


+1

Brooklyn Law is also ignoring that and reminding me that I can pay them 1400 a month to live in Brooklyn Heights.

Has anyone else gotten pleading emails from McGeorge begging them to apply? I got three this past week. It's April, guys. Interestingly, I work with a McGeorge law alum. He's working retail. Yeah, I don't know either.

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gobears09 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Kim617 wrote:
gobears09 wrote:Does anybody know how early Gerwiz opens? Is it like a college dorm where you dont move in until a week before classes?

I'm pretty sure move-in is August 21st, and not before that. I don't know if you can move in early, but that's the date they have on the web site.


Thanks! I couldnt find that.

Ive also gotten about 1000 email from McGeorge lately.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:50 pm

volsi wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:
Kim617 wrote:BTW, Fordham is ignoring my withdrawal. They sent me an e-mail today reminding me that my deposit is due on the 15th, after I had already withdrawn. So then, I even responded to that email withdrawing again. They're just pretending like I didn't withdraw.


+1

Brooklyn Law is also ignoring that and reminding me that I can pay them 1400 a month to live in Brooklyn Heights.

Has anyone else gotten pleading emails from McGeorge begging them to apply? I got three this past week. It's April, guys. Interestingly, I work with a McGeorge law alum. He's working retail. Yeah, I don't know either.



I got one from Valparaiso last night at midnight. Lovely.... Just checked I got one from McGeorge too.


BTW, does anyone on here do FarmVille? I just recently started facebook and I love it, well don't like facebook so much, only enjoy FarmVille.

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby js87 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:59 pm

Unitas wrote:
volsi wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:
Kim617 wrote:BTW, Fordham is ignoring my withdrawal. They sent me an e-mail today reminding me that my deposit is due on the 15th, after I had already withdrawn. So then, I even responded to that email withdrawing again. They're just pretending like I didn't withdraw.


+1

Brooklyn Law is also ignoring that and reminding me that I can pay them 1400 a month to live in Brooklyn Heights.

Has anyone else gotten pleading emails from McGeorge begging them to apply? I got three this past week. It's April, guys. Interestingly, I work with a McGeorge law alum. He's working retail. Yeah, I don't know either.



I got one from Valparaiso last night at midnight. Lovely.... Just checked I got one from McGeorge too.


BTW, does anyone on here do FarmVille? I just recently started facebook and I love it, well don't like facebook so much, only enjoy FarmVille.


I get lots of those Valparaiso emails, too. And Kim -- ditto on Fordham. They actually confirmed my withdrawal last week, but invited me to some local events in an email today haha.

Anyone else order a GULC shirt online already? I feel like a gigantic dork :lol:

User avatar
volsi
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby volsi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Heh, I can't even join the GULC 2013 group on facebook because so many of my current coworkers are on it and would see the group. and I'd be outed about a month before I want to be.

As for farmville, I can only say this.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:15 pm

volsi wrote:Heh, I can't even join the GULC 2013 group on facebook because so many of my current coworkers are on it and would see the group. and I'd be outed about a month before I want to be.

As for farmville, I can only say this.


Yesterday my roadrunner was out for 3 hours, I was annoyed cause I knew I only had 4 hours from when it went out to harvest a crop, which had most of my farm currency tied up in - I just started on Facebook Saturday. It was odd cause I knew TWC could sense my anger and they were like we can credit your bill for the service time out. They didn't understand.....

Did you get a Hoya Lawya shirt??




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest