GULC c/o 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Kim617

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Havaianas wrote:
wackadoodle wrote:Have they sent out anything? All of the magazines/ booklets/ info from other schools have been coming but nothing from GULC.....

I haven't gotten anything either. But I did go to early ASW and got a buncho stuff there.

Hey, what'd you get at the ASW? They asked for my t-shirt size, but what else?

js87

Postby js87 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Havaianas wrote:
wackadoodle wrote:Have they sent out anything? All of the magazines/ booklets/ info from other schools have been coming but nothing from GULC.....

I haven't gotten anything either. But I did go to early ASW and got a buncho stuff there.

GULC has been the king of law school bling for me. At early ASW we got (besides the t-shirt) a pen, Georgetown notepad, a little foam Jack the Bulldog, Georgetown Candy Bar (sort of a Willy Wonka theme with Dean Cornblatt, which was pretty funny), tons of brochures, pamphlets, etc., and of course free food.

Today in the mail I got a package from Georgetown. It was a leather bound GULC pad-folio with a brochure inside full of information on the school, DC, housing, career placement, etc. It also came with a map of DC. Anyone else get this yet?

The level of communication and tenacity to attract admitted students from GULC has been really impressive. I really liked the fact that Dean Cornblatt took the time to write a short little note on most admissions letters. Besides the fact that they gave me lots of sweet stuff, the whole process thus far has really displayed a school that seems to care a great deal about their students. It's a welcome reprieve from some of the experiences I've had elsewhere.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:07 pm

js87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
Havaianas wrote:

GULC has been the king of law school bling for me. At early ASW we got (besides the t-shirt) a pen, Georgetown notepad, a little foam Jack the Bulldog, Georgetown Candy Bar (sort of a Willy Wonka theme with Dean Cornblatt, which was pretty funny), tons of brochures, pamphlets, etc., and of course free food.

Today in the mail I got a package from Georgetown. It was a leather bound GULC pad-folio with a brochure inside full of information on the school, DC, housing, career placement, etc. It also came with a map of DC. Anyone else get this yet?

The level of communication and tenacity to attract admitted students from GULC has been really impressive. I really liked the fact that Dean Cornblatt took the time to write a short little note on most admissions letters. Besides the fact that they gave me lots of sweet stuff, the whole process thus far has really displayed a school that seems to care a great deal about their students. It's a welcome reprieve from some of the experiences I've had elsewhere.

haven't gotten the leatherbound package yet, although I'll keep an eye out for it. I'm practically in DC, so it should come soon. Odds are it's here and the front office is too lazy/dumb to tell me I have a package.

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:38 pm

js87 wrote:Today in the mail I got a package from Georgetown. It was a leather bound GULC pad-folio with a brochure inside full of information on the school, DC, housing, career placement, etc. It also came with a map of DC. Anyone else get this yet?

I did.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:06 pm

js87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
Havaianas wrote:

I didn't get it yet, but I can't wait! I agree completely about the communication. Dean Cornblatt seems really awesome, and I loved the little note on the acceptance letter. Also, I get emails often and I like that they stay in contact. It definitely has been a good experience. How long from when you were accepted did you receive that package? I got accepted the first week of February and I haven't received it yet.

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:29 pm

my puppy loved the foam Jack the Bulldog so that earned them major points

js87

Postby js87 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:01 am

Kim617 wrote:
I didn't get it yet, but I can't wait! I agree completely about the communication. Dean Cornblatt seems really awesome, and I loved the little note on the acceptance letter. Also, I get emails often and I like that they stay in contact. It definitely has been a good experience. How long from when you were accepted did you receive that package? I got accepted the first week of February and I haven't received it yet.

You'll love ASW, it was really cool. I was accepted back in November and just received that package today. I imagine they just started mailing them as most people haven't gotten them yet. I'm sure it's in the mail!

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:19 am

Anyone else going to the NYC meetup today? Thoughts on what business casual means to them for a guy?

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:40 am

Lermontov wrote:Anyone else going to the NYC meetup today? Thoughts on what business casual means to them for a guy?

I wanted to go but I didn't feel like commuting into the city today. Let us know how it goes!

I'm guessing it just means like a button down shirt and nice jeans with shoes, or something along those lines. I don't think they means slacks or anything.

Delinquent

Postby Delinquent » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Lermontov wrote:Anyone else going to the NYC meetup today? Thoughts on what business casual means to them for a guy?

I wanted to go but I didn't feel like commuting into the city today. Let us know how it goes!

I'm guessing it just means like a button down shirt and nice jeans with shoes, or something along those lines. I don't think they means slacks or anything.

For men, business casual usually does mean slacks, not jeans. Having said that, I'm sure you can get away with jeans at this thing. Its at the apartment of an alum, come and go as you please. Sounds pretty informal.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:15 pm

js87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

You'll love ASW, it was really cool. I was accepted back in November and just received that package today. I imagine they just started mailing them as most people haven't gotten them yet. I'm sure it's in the mail!

Can't wait to get it!

And can't wait to be at GULC. Loving it already.

Torvon

Postby Torvon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Anyone get the package from GULC today?

Postby 02122015 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:11 pm

MSPeast wrote:
js87 wrote:Today in the mail I got a package from Georgetown. It was a leather bound GULC pad-folio with a brochure inside full of information on the school, DC, housing, career placement, etc. It also came with a map of DC. Anyone else get this yet?

Torvon wrote:Anyone get the package from GULC today?

I got mine today. I definitely wasn't expecting something like this pre-deposit. It's pretty cool, especially since there's about an 80% chance I wind up going to GULC. It's enough to make me want to read it on my suburban express bus to work tomorrow to show off. 8)

UGHHH WHY DIDN'T I GET IT??!!? it sounds awesome!

Postby 02122015 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:24 pm

MSPeast wrote:
Kim617 wrote:UGHHH WHY DIDN'T I GET IT??!!? it sounds awesome!

Do you live out west? Some people got it a couple of days ago, apparently. My mail comes through the Twin Cities and I got mine today.

Well I'm in NYC and didn't get it. :evil:

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:12 pm

Lermontov wrote:
MSPeast wrote:

Do you live out west? Some people got it a couple of days ago, apparently. My mail comes through the Twin Cities and I got mine today.

Same, NY.

Hey how was the admitted students reception tonight?

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:50 pm

Lermontov wrote:
MSPeast wrote:

I'm in DC and don't have it yet. lol

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:04 am

Kim617 wrote:
Lermontov wrote:
MSPeast wrote:

Same, NY.

Hey how was the admitted students reception tonight?

It was pretty good. I know everyone on TLS has this thing against them, saying that if you get into higher T14s you should go, but I've always really liked Gtown for a number of reasons, and the reception really just made life a lot more difficult.

dancinginseptember

Postby dancinginseptember » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:09 pm

do we have a facebook group yet? if so, can someone please send the link?

i spent last weekend in DC and had such a wonderful time. my friend brought a GULC 1L along for the shenanigans. she only had the best things to say. i'm very happy with this prospect. :)

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:46 pm

dancinginseptember wrote:do we have a facebook group yet? if so, can someone please send the link?

i spent last weekend in DC and had such a wonderful time. my friend brought a GULC 1L along for the shenanigans. she only had the best things to say. i'm very happy with this prospect. :)

i looked for one but couldn't find anything :(

Torvon

Postby Torvon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:58 pm

I got my package today, and I'm pretty far away from DC. It's really nice but doesn't have unique information. If you've been over their website and maybe looked at a few other sources online it doesn't have anything new. I was hoping for more information on off campus housing :cry: .

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:24 pm

I'm basically in DC and I just got it today. Yeah I can't believe they sent that whole package! My dog is happily chewing away on the shipping box right now :)

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:21 am

Got it. It's pretty good. Similar to the Cornell book, but I think better put together (even if it doesn't have quite as much total info in it).

Not quite sure what I'm going to use the notepad/binder thing for though, even if it is pretty cool...

DJ Tanner

Postby DJ Tanner » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:59 pm

longtime lurker here, figured i should get an account since i'm 95% sure i'm going to GULC in the fall! got the package a few days ago and i thought it was pretty sweet. i went to texas for undergrad, and they have still not even responded to me after 4 months of waiting, so i'm ready to say goodbye and move to dc!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”