GULC c/o 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:34 am

I graduated May 2008. Been working for the federal gov't since then. I probably won't quit till July sometime...

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:02 pm

BTW, Happy Easter everyone. I am going to stuff myself silly, because this is one of the better holidays for food.

User avatar
PheelTheMusic
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby PheelTheMusic » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Straight from Undergrad!

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Kim617 wrote:BTW, Happy Easter everyone. I am going to stuff myself silly, because this is one of the better holidays for food.


Happy Easter to everyone as well.

Harvard Club for Easter dinner courtesy of my girlfriends rich and properly educated grandparents. Soooo gooood. A little annoying that her granddad keeps asking me why I didn't apply to Harvard Law, but worth it for the food.

gators88
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gators88 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:08 pm

I'm straight from undergrad, graduating in 27 days. Happy Easter to everyone. I am observing in the traditional Jewish fashion, with a cup of coffee and the Sunday NYT.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:32 pm

gators88 wrote:I'm straight from undergrad, graduating in 27 days. Happy Easter to everyone. I am observing in the traditional Jewish fashion, with a cup of coffee and the Sunday NYT.


Me, too, graduating in 33 days. Gators, do you go to UF?

gators88
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gators88 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Yes I do

User avatar
volsi
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby volsi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm

Kim617 wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
volsi wrote:opinions on trespassers, etc. :D


Assuming we're talking about the one Torts class, I want my spring elective to be all about Butterfly Law.

(I hope somebody gets the reference...) :)

LOL "So, what if like a child chases a butterfly onto your property..."

I am coming straight from undergrad.


Yeah, I have to say that question made me feel pretty decent about my chances of doing well in law school. I think all of us listening were like, "derrr?"

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:51 pm

volsi wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
volsi wrote:opinions on trespassers, etc. :D


Assuming we're talking about the one Torts class, I want my spring elective to be all about Butterfly Law.

(I hope somebody gets the reference...) :)

LOL "So, what if like a child chases a butterfly onto your property..."

I am coming straight from undergrad.


Yeah, I have to say that question made me feel pretty decent about my chances of doing well in law school. I think all of us listening were like, "derrr?"


"Derrr" is pretty much what I am saying right now?

Does anyone have a Georgetown e-mail address?

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:09 pm

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:28 pm

MSPeast wrote:
Unitas wrote:Does anyone have a Georgetown e-mail address?


I don't know whether it's going to end in @georgetown.edu or @law.georgetown.edu, but our NetIDs that we just got will be the prefix. For most people, it will be your initials and a two-digit number. So, the formatting will be like tls10@law.georgetown.edu or tls10@georgetown.edu. I'm not sure when they become active for anyone, though.


That's what I thought... I just tried to get the e-mail to work and nothing though.. They gave me 46 as my number.. Strange - Like I am 46 years old or born in 46...

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Unitas wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
Unitas wrote:Does anyone have a Georgetown e-mail address?


I don't know whether it's going to end in @georgetown.edu or @law.georgetown.edu, but our NetIDs that we just got will be the prefix. For most people, it will be your initials and a two-digit number. So, the formatting will be like tls10@law.georgetown.edu or tls10@georgetown.edu. I'm not sure when they become active for anyone, though.


That's what I thought... I just tried to get the e-mail to work and nothing though.. They gave me 46 as my number.. Strange - Like I am 46 years old or born in 46...

Mine is 47. Weird. I wonder if that means I'm the 47th person with those exact initials or if that's just a random number.

gators88
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gators88 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:44 pm

How did you all receive your NETIDs? Is this different from your admitted students login? I might be behind the curve since I didn't do the yellow form.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:45 pm

gators88 wrote:How did you all receive your NETIDs? Is this different from your admitted students login? I might be behind the curve since I didn't do the yellow form.

If you didn't go to ASW, then you'll receive it in the mail. Should come soon.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Kim617 wrote:
gators88 wrote:How did you all receive your NETIDs? Is this different from your admitted students login? I might be behind the curve since I didn't do the yellow form.

If you didn't go to ASW, then you'll receive it in the mail. Should come soon.


Yea, I got it in the mail... It was sent on the same day I filled out the yellow form, but that was probably just coincidence.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Unitas wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
Unitas wrote:Does anyone have a Georgetown e-mail address?


I don't know whether it's going to end in @georgetown.edu or @law.georgetown.edu, but our NetIDs that we just got will be the prefix. For most people, it will be your initials and a two-digit number. So, the formatting will be like tls10@law.georgetown.edu or tls10@georgetown.edu. I'm not sure when they become active for anyone, though.


That's what I thought... I just tried to get the e-mail to work and nothing though.. They gave me 46 as my number.. Strange - Like I am 46 years old or born in 46...

Mine is 47. Weird. I wonder if that means I'm the 47th person with those exact initials or if that's just a random number.



Mine is 9. I think it's the number of people who have those initials.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:17 pm

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:26 pm

MSPeast wrote:I also got 47! Interesting.


Anyway, I just found out one of my best friends and roommates from undergrad just got in to Georgetown for law! He's kind of debt-averse so I might have to do some convincing though!


Do it! Misery loves company. If we all have to be in debt, so should he! : ) Come on, you cannot beat going to law school in DC. I mean, Justice Ginsburg's hubby is a prof there. That's just so cool. Not to mention the caliber of the rest of the faculty, the diversity of the classics, and of course, the CLINICS!! Plus, the Supreme Court Institute. Seriously. He needs to come here.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:01 am

So...

Everyday I hope that the AndyMan comes through for me and offers me a merit scholarship. Here's to a new day of hope.

Edit: typo

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gobears09 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:03 pm

95% sure I will be enrolling at GULC with all you!

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby js87 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Have those of you who have already graduated sent a final transcript to GULC? It seems that we have to send it directly to the school, even if we've been out for awhile and applied with a complete transcript via LSAC.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:39 pm

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby nax425 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:26 pm

MSPeast wrote:
js87 wrote:Have those of you who have already graduated sent a final transcript to GULC? It seems that we have to send it directly to the school, even if we've been out for awhile and applied with a complete transcript via LSAC.

Yes.


hmmm I did not know this. Where am I missing all this information? I've been out of school 2yrs...figured the LSAC crap was enough?

Also, then, do we have to send in signed and dated Tax Returns for 09 to go along with our Need Access forms? And, if so, where do we send them?

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby nax425 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:35 pm

nax425 wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
js87 wrote:Have those of you who have already graduated sent a final transcript to GULC? It seems that we have to send it directly to the school, even if we've been out for awhile and applied with a complete transcript via LSAC.

Yes.


hmmm I did not know this. Where am I missing all this information? I've been out of school 2yrs...figured the LSAC crap was enough?

Also, then, do we have to send in signed and dated Tax Returns for 09 to go along with our Need Access forms? And, if so, where do we send them?


just called. I'ma fax them in...glad it's easy. : )

amolson04
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:03 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby amolson04 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:52 pm

hey, I just received my net ID/PIN, etc., in the mail, but I can't figure out where to log in to check my aid status ... can somebody post a link? it's called MyAccess, right?




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest