GULC c/o 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
shadow.
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby shadow. » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:20 pm

.
Last edited by shadow. on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gilchristh
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gilchristh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:35 pm

Unitas wrote:Ok, here are my thoughts for my TV/Computer/Printer..

--LinkRemoved--
with this installed:
http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1101-HV ... B000MTSYRU
Printing with:
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-2170W- ... 287&sr=8-1

Please let me know your opinion and of any better prices.

Edit: Forgot me.

I wouldn't bother with a desktop; I'd just spend that extra money ramping up your laptop (if possible, but if you already have your laptop and that's not an option, then sure--go for it). The laser printer will be good 'cause you can print your coursepacks/outlines/brief and memo drafts quickly and cheaply on 'em, too.

User avatar
gilchristh
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gilchristh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:37 pm

shadow. wrote:Heather,

I know you were in Section 3, but do you know if legal writing is graded or p/f? If graded, then what were the general sentiments about the course?

Thanks.

LRW and LP (the §3 equivalent) are graded, but I think not on the mandatory curve (higher, I think). The only pass/fail class you'll have first year is your Week One course the week before spring semester, Law in a Global Context (which is actually really fun).

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:39 pm

gilchristh wrote:
Unitas wrote:Ok, here are my thoughts for my TV/Computer/Printer..

--LinkRemoved--
with this installed:
http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1101-HV ... B000MTSYRU
Printing with:
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-2170W- ... 287&sr=8-1

Please let me know your opinion and of any better prices.

Edit: Forgot me.

I wouldn't bother with a desktop; I'd just spend that extra money ramping up your laptop (if possible, but if you already have your laptop and that's not an option, then sure--go for it). The laser printer will be good 'cause you can print your coursepacks/outlines/brief and memo drafts quickly and cheaply on 'em, too.


I like having a desktop. I do a lot of stuff on it and it'll be good to have it as a TV when I am using my notebook for something else. Plus a dvr. :)

User avatar
gilchristh
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gilchristh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:43 pm

Unitas wrote:I like having a desktop. I do a lot of stuff on it and it'll be good to have it as a TV when I am using my notebook for something else. Plus a dvr. :)

That does seem like a pretty badass option.

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby nowinGA » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:44 pm

I have an uber-powerful laptop with an external monitor/20" TV, a laser printer (new, brother, for $40 on sale) and an inkjet. I used to maintain both a laptop and desktop (when I was in grad school before) because I liked it for writing...but now I just have an external keyboard and mouse if I feel I need to get that centered into a full system. Transferring stuff is just always annoying (for me). I got the laser printer because I have been in a fancy office for 3 years and was pretty sure I couldn't go back to just my little ole inkjet. Just kept my eyes on the ads for a good sale and nailed one! They are there to be had if you want one!

ss1342
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:01 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby ss1342 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:27 pm

Unitas wrote:Ok, here are my thoughts for my TV/Computer/Printer..

--LinkRemoved--
with this installed:
http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1101-HV ... B000MTSYRU
Printing with:
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-2170W- ... 287&sr=8-1

Please let me know your opinion and of any better prices.

Edit: Forgot me.


You might want to look at newegg for a printer. The same Brother printer that you want is only $79.99 from there. Plus if you order once you are in DC the 3-day shipping is really next day shipping because the distribution center is so close.
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=630&name=Printer-Laser-Printers

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 pm

ss1342 wrote:
Unitas wrote:Ok, here are my thoughts for my TV/Computer/Printer..

--LinkRemoved--
with this installed:
http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1101-HV ... B000MTSYRU
Printing with:
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-2170W- ... 287&sr=8-1

Please let me know your opinion and of any better prices.

Edit: Forgot me.


You might want to look at newegg for a printer. The same Brother printer that you want is only $79.99 from there. Plus if you order once you are in DC the 3-day shipping is really next day shipping because the distribution center is so close.
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=630&name=Printer-Laser-Printers


Thank you, great info. I just saw the link and recommendation for that printer in another thread. I will wait on it until I get to DC.

User avatar
volsi
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby volsi » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:23 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:
volsi wrote:
Topher wrote:Gilchrist, Rocketman, any other 2L's hanging out in this thread, I was curious about the First Year electives...which did you guys do?


Only one of the above people is even actually in law school. The other is an interloper.
Thanks for how helpful you've been, Heather. :)


........

I've been in DC longer than heather and probably longer than anyone ITT and much EARLIER in the thread helped people find places to live. Sorry for trying to make friends in the mean time kiddo.


Honestly? I've been on this thread since page 5 if you want to have that contest.
I cannot imagine how you thought creepily hitting on strangers would be a good way to make friends.

User avatar
volsi
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby volsi » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:23 pm

+1 on Brother Printers, btw.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby 02122015 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:31 pm

volsi wrote:
Rocketman11 wrote:
volsi wrote:
Topher wrote:Gilchrist, Rocketman, any other 2L's hanging out in this thread, I was curious about the First Year electives...which did you guys do?


Only one of the above people is even actually in law school. The other is an interloper.
Thanks for how helpful you've been, Heather. :)


........

I've been in DC longer than heather and probably longer than anyone ITT and much EARLIER in the thread helped people find places to live. Sorry for trying to make friends in the mean time kiddo.


Honestly? I've been on this thread since page 5 if you want to have that contest.
I cannot imagine how you thought creepily hitting on strangers would be a good way to make friends.

He has the third post in this thread.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:35 pm

So...How about this TLS get together?!

Maybe we could do it Monday evening, August 23? It's a couple days after Gewirz move-in but before orientation official starts. What do you all think? We could do Rocket Bar since people who went to ASW would be familiar with it and it's near by?

User avatar
Rocketman11
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:32 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Rocketman11 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:00 pm

MSPeast wrote:
volsi wrote:Honestly? I've been on this thread since page 5 if you want to have that contest.
I cannot imagine how you thought creepily hitting on strangers would be a good way to make friends.

He has the third post in this thread.


Oops looks like I just won.

As far as creepily hitting on strangers, I assume you're just mad that I publicly posted my complete lack of interest in you. Sorry but the friend zone is really not that bad. You can stop random internet hating whenever.

Rocketman11 wrote:
Topher wrote:
Also, I noticed a few pages back that you were 100% committed to taking volsi out on a date...


A lot can has changed in a few pages. Quoth the volsi:

volsi wrote:Problem solved.

12262010
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby 12262010 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:04 pm

rocket, I think she's obsessed with you.

Sequoia90
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Sequoia90 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:04 pm

I think a TLS meet-up is definitely in order!

I have never been to Rocketbar, but Chinatown is a pretty sweet location.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:24 pm

So the great GULC TLS Get Together.

Monday Aug. 23.

Rocket Bar in China Town.

8 p.m.?

dk8
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby dk8 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:44 pm

anyways......

i'm down for whatever date. I'll already be in town by then.

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby js87 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm definitely up for a TLS meet-up somewhere. Any day after the 21st works fine for me.

User avatar
softrevolution
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby softrevolution » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:10 pm

js87 wrote:I'm definitely up for a TLS meet-up somewhere. Any day after the 21st works fine for me.


Same

Sequoia90
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Sequoia90 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:23 pm

starrydecisus wrote:So the great GULC TLS Get Together.

Monday Aug. 23.

Rocket Bar in China Town.

8 p.m.?


That sounds like a plan!

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby 02122015 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Sequoia90 wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:So the great GULC TLS Get Together.

Monday Aug. 23.

Rocket Bar in China Town.

8 p.m.?


That sounds like a plan!

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:35 pm

MSPeast wrote:
Sequoia90 wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:So the great GULC TLS Get Together.

Monday Aug. 23.

Rocket Bar in China Town.

8 p.m.?


That sounds like a plan!

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby nowinGA » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:02 pm

I will be at a Nats game that night...(free tix!) but I will meet you all soon...have fun!

User avatar
apper123
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby apper123 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:30 pm

can i, the awkward 2L transfer-in, come too? :-P

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:33 pm

apper123 wrote:can i, the awkward 2L transfer-in, come too? :-P


I vote, of course!




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest