GULC c/o 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby 02122015 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:04 am

Interminable_Waiting wrote:I'm a bit late to the banking questions party, but does anyone who is familiar with the area know if there are any United Bank locations around GULC?

10th/G Sts NW, apparently.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:36 am

For those looking for bedding for the dorm. I found this at my local walmart. It is only 45 dollars there.
--LinkRemoved--
They also have a pink one.

I read the reviews and one review is bad and one is good. Not sure if I am going to get it or not.

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:45 am

Unitas wrote:For those looking for bedding for the dorm. I found this at my local walmart. It is only 45 dollars there.
--LinkRemoved--

I read the reviews and one review is bad and one is good. Not sure if I am going to get it or not.

Wow, that's crazy you get so much. The pink one had good reviews, and I assume it's pretty much the same, except for the color. I think the plus side of this is that it's inexpensive and you're probably only going to need twin XL/dorm stuff for one year anyway!

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:09 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
Unitas wrote:For those looking for bedding for the dorm. I found this at my local walmart. It is only 45 dollars there.
--LinkRemoved--

Wow, that's crazy you get so much. The pink one had good reviews, and I assume it's pretty much the same, except for the color. I think the plus side of this is that it's inexpensive and you're probably only going to need twin XL/dorm stuff for one year anyway!

That is what I am thinking, but I am really a thread count, quality, material snob when it comes to my sheets... I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but I think worst comes to worst I can buy another set of sheets if I hate these and not be out much money. With the towels, hamper, and mattress pad still being used. Mattress pads alone are usually 20.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Unitas wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:
--LinkRemoved--

That is what I am thinking, but I am really a thread count, quality, material snob when it comes to my sheets... I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but I think worst comes to worst I can buy another set of sheets if I hate these and not be out much money. With the towels, hamper, and mattress pad still being used. Mattress pads alone are usually 20.

That's an awesome deal, you get so much. I got a bed-in-a-bag from Sears for $29, it was marked down from like $79 so naturally I was pumped. I'm very picky, my mom was ready to kill me. I'm a snob about thread count, too, I am going to buy a couple of sets of sheets. I got my mattress pad plus a mattress cover at Marshall's of all places for $20 total. I am also going to head to Christmas Tree Shoppe (no, they don't sell Christmas trees and yes, they are amazing) and get a lot of stuff because they are so cheap and I can't go wrong. Oh, and as far as pots & pans, I got a whole huge set for $49 at Bed, Bath & Beyond if anyone else needs that stuff.

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Unitas wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:
--LinkRemoved--

Hmm, if you're really fussy, you might want to go another route (Edit: Because it's probably better to spend a little money on something you'll really like). Although, do they make high quality XL twin sheets? Haha, it seems like most of them are 200 thread count dorm sheets.

I got a larger comforter, so I can use mine next year wherever I will be, even if it looks a little oversized on my twin bed!

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:26 pm

HomeGoods is great, too! Good prices and nice selection of everything.

Topher

Postby Topher » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:52 am

Gilchrist, Rocketman, any other 2L's hanging out in this thread, I was curious about the First Year electives...which did you guys do?

volsi

Postby volsi » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Topher wrote:Gilchrist, Rocketman, any other 2L's hanging out in this thread, I was curious about the First Year electives...which did you guys do?

Only one of the above people is even actually in law school. The other is an interloper.
Thanks for how helpful you've been, Heather. :)

nowinGA

Postby nowinGA » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:40 pm

volsi wrote:
Topher wrote:Gilchrist, Rocketman, any other 2L's hanging out in this thread, I was curious about the First Year electives...which did you guys do?

Only one of the above people is even actually in law school. The other is an interloper.

Also, Heather was in Section 3, sans elective...probably best to touch base with your peer adviser.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Covert Affairs takes place in DC and has Georgetown UG in it a lot.

gilchristh

Postby gilchristh » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 pm

I saw in §3, so I didn't get one, but most of my friends took International Law with mixed reviews.

Topher

Postby Topher » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:53 pm

nowinGA wrote:
volsi wrote:

Also, Heather was in Section 3, sans elective...probably best to touch base with your peer adviser.

Wow, shows how well I've been paying attention...

gilchristh

Postby gilchristh » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Hey, if any of you have any friends studying for the LSAT, tell 'em to sign up for my games at http://www.grockit.com/lsat. It's free to make an account and play in group games, plus I rule :D

Thanks!

Oh yeah, and we exclusively use real LSAT content, by the way.

gilchristh

Postby gilchristh » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:44 pm

<<crickets>>

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:34 am

gilchristh wrote:Hey, if any of you have any friends studying for the LSAT, tell 'em to sign up for my games at http://www.grockit.com/lsat. It's free to make an account and play in group games, plus I rule :D

Thanks!

I don’t know anyone who is still studying for the LSAT. Everyone I know who was going to take it took it at the same time as me or in Dec of last year. Sorry.

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:48 am

gilchristh wrote:Hey, if any of you have any friends studying for the LSAT, tell 'em to sign up for my games at http://www.grockit.com/lsat. It's free to make an account and play in group games, plus I rule :D

Thanks!

My best friend and ex-boyfriend are both studying for the October LSAT so I'll let them know about it!

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Gilchristh: do we get any type of free printing or a credit to print? Trying to decide if I want to buy a laser printer.

gilchristh

Postby gilchristh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:58 pm

Unitas wrote:Gilchristh: do we get any type of free printing or a credit to print? Trying to decide if I want to buy a laser printer.

You can print as much as you want from Westlaw or LexisNexis for free, but anything else you have to pay for using your GOcard. I'd recommend having a printer in your room or maybe sharing one with your roommate--one buys the printer and the other chips in for ink and paper, something like that.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:59 pm

gilchristh wrote:
Unitas wrote:Gilchristh: do we get any type of free printing or a credit to print? Trying to decide if I want to buy a laser printer.

You can print as much as you want from Westlaw or LexisNexis for free, but anything else you have to pay for using your GOcard. I'd recommend having a printer in your room or maybe sharing one with your roommate--one buys the printer and the other chips in for ink and paper, something like that.

Thanks. You are very helpful.

Torvon

Postby Torvon » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Unitas wrote:
gilchristh wrote:

Thanks. You are very helpful.

+1

Anyone have any recommendations for a decent printer with cheap ink replacements?

Rocketman11

Postby Rocketman11 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:50 pm

volsi wrote:

I've been in DC longer than heather and probably longer than anyone ITT and much EARLIER in the thread helped people find places to live. Sorry for trying to make friends in the mean time kiddo.

nowinGA

Postby nowinGA » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:56 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:
volsi wrote:

I've been in DC longer than heather and probably longer than anyone ITT and much EARLIER in the thread helped people find places to live. Sorry for trying to make friends in the mean time kiddo.

I actually lived in the area the past 3 years. meetinDC and meetup.com are great places that people I know have found to make friends and meet new people of varying interests, etc.

gilchristh

Postby gilchristh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Unitas wrote:Thanks. You are very helpful.

No prob!

starrydecisus wrote:

Thanks!

My best friend and ex-boyfriend are both studying for the October LSAT so I'll let them know about it!

You rule.

Rocketman11 wrote:
volsi wrote:

Aww, don't pick Rocket :cry: . He's (generally) helpful (and fun in person).

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Ok, here are my thoughts for my TV/Computer/Printer..

--LinkRemoved--
with this installed:
http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1101-HV ... B000MTSYRU
Printing with:
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-2170W- ... 287&sr=8-1

Please let me know your opinion and of any better prices.

Edit: Forgot me.
Last edited by Unitas on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”