GULC c/o 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
PheelTheMusic
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby PheelTheMusic » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 am

gators88 wrote:A healthy Kenny Phillips + Antrelle Rolle. Giant's secondary will be sickk!

Sorry for hijacking the thread to talk about how good the g-men will be this year


Yet still not the best secondary in town :lol:

Kim617 wrote:let's just hope for an injury-free season

Absolutely

Ok, Ok, back to Gtown talk...

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:28 am

You do all realize the Giants are in a tragic downward spiral... You will all realize this, anyway, around the time they are 3-5ish.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:22 am

So as a Floridian (born and raised), do any of your Northerners have advice for me as far as the cold weather goes?

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:37 am

starrydecisus wrote:So as a Floridian (born and raised), do any of your Northerners have advice for me as far as the cold weather goes?


As a Southerner, do you have any advice about the hot weather in DC???

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 am

Interminable_Waiting wrote:You do all realize the Giants are in a tragic downward spiral... You will all realize this, anyway, around the time they are 3-5ish.

Definitely not. A good, young receiving corps, a good, young secondary (assuming kenny phillips is back at full speed, when he went down, i was sick; excited about rolle though), and a good, young qb. i'm hoping the front line generates more pressure this year, because tuck and osi are better than that. they need to upgrade at linebacker for sure, though. last year was the downward spiral. you don't start out 5-0 and then not make the playoffs. let's not have that happen again.

okay sorry, back to gtown...

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:48 am

starrydecisus wrote:So as a Floridian (born and raised), do any of your Northerners have advice for me as far as the cold weather goes?

bring a coat! :)

you shouldn't have to worry too much about snow (this year was an anomaly), but it's not even usually that cold when it snows. i'm not sure about DC, but in NY (and New England more so) there are days when it is so cold you feel like you'll die walking to your car. we didn't have too many of those this year, but maybe the year before last, i remember one day where it was literally zero, and -8 with the windchill. that's effing cold. i'm not sure if dc is quite like that, but i assume it gets into the 20s, so coat, scarf, and gloves should be fine.

see, i prefer cold weather. i don't like florida because of the heat and humidity all year round. my hair always looks pretty in cold weather, but once it gets humid, the curls start popping out. new york gets sweltering in the summer, but it's only for three months, so i can handle it :)

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby chutzpah » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:So as a Floridian (born and raised), do any of your Northerners have advice for me as far as the cold weather goes?


As a Southerner, do you have any advice about the hot weather in DC???


It is absolutely disgusting here in the summer. DC is built on a swamp, after all and its really the humidity that makes it gross. I feel awful for the men in suits. At least as a woman I can wear a skirt and tank top when I'm walking to work and then put on a jacket/cardigan when I get to the office. It won't be too uncomfortable during the school year, so maybe you can just summer somewhere with less humidity or spend August at the beach.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 am

chutzpah wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:So as a Floridian (born and raised), do any of your Northerners have advice for me as far as the cold weather goes?


As a Southerner, do you have any advice about the hot weather in DC???


It is absolutely disgusting here in the summer. DC is built on a swamp, after all and its really the humidity that makes it gross. I feel awful for the men in suits. At least as a woman I can wear a skirt and tank top when I'm walking to work and then put on a jacket/cardigan when I get to the office. It won't be too uncomfortable during the school year, so maybe you can just summer somewhere with less humidity or spend August at the beach.

i don't even know where you'd go to escape the humidity lol NY between june and august is always at 100% humidity. it's like, where can i friggin escape?! do you know what my hair looks like?!

amolson04
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:03 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby amolson04 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:01 pm

so i'm a little late to this party, but can i be the next member of GULC girls football-watching club 2010?!?! i watch(ed) every sunday with my dad, who likes the colts, but i have divided team loyalties. mostly i just refuse to cheer for the vikings :D

also, i second (third?) the idea that dc/ny humidity sucks.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:03 pm

amolson04 wrote:so i'm a little late to this party, but can i be the next member of GULC girls football-watching club 2010?!?! i watch(ed) every sunday with my dad, who likes the colts, but i have divided team loyalties. mostly i just refuse to cheer for the vikings :D

also, i second (third?) the idea that dc/ny humidity sucks.

ahhaha definitely! i like the colts, gotta root for brother manning!

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Jeez. You people all root for the three teams I really really hate...

Not the Bucs though. I more pity them than anything.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:Jeez. You people all root for the three teams I really really hate...

Not the Bucs though. I more pity them than anything.

so i'm guessing you're a pats fan, then?

who else would hate the jets, colts, and giants?

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:So as a Floridian (born and raised), do any of your Northerners have advice for me as far as the cold weather goes?


As a Southerner, do you have any advice about the hot weather in DC???


In Florida, we just stay inside in the air conditioning when it gets hot :)

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Kim617 wrote:
amolson04 wrote:so i'm a little late to this party, but can i be the next member of GULC girls football-watching club 2010?!?! i watch(ed) every sunday with my dad, who likes the colts, but i have divided team loyalties. mostly i just refuse to cheer for the vikings :D

also, i second (third?) the idea that dc/ny humidity sucks.

ahhaha definitely! i like the colts, gotta root for brother manning!


So....my guilty secret is that I'm sort of in love with Payton Manning....

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:Jeez. You people all root for the three teams I really really hate...

Not the Bucs though. I more pity them than anything.

so i'm guessing you're a pats fan, then?

who else would hate the jets, colts, and giants?



Theres the logical skills that got you into G-Town.

I hate the Giants the most usually... after the tragedy that was 18-1.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
amolson04 wrote:so i'm a little late to this party, but can i be the next member of GULC girls football-watching club 2010?!?! i watch(ed) every sunday with my dad, who likes the colts, but i have divided team loyalties. mostly i just refuse to cheer for the vikings :D

also, i second (third?) the idea that dc/ny humidity sucks.

ahhaha definitely! i like the colts, gotta root for brother manning!


So....my guilty secret is that I'm sort of in love with Payton Manning....

haha he's charismatic and charming!

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:Jeez. You people all root for the three teams I really really hate...

Not the Bucs though. I more pity them than anything.

so i'm guessing you're a pats fan, then?

who else would hate the jets, colts, and giants?


Kim, I can tell you're going to be an excellent attorney based on your logical reasoning :)

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby nax425 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:10 pm

ok I'm just throwing this out there - off topic - but if anyone is going to live off campus and wants a roomie...pm me. I'll be moving in from KS. Don't know anyone I could live with. u can check my lsn for more about me - I have a girl roomie now, but lived with either...IDC. Easy-going. Just prefer clean communal spaces. If you do, too...maybe it could work out? I'm thinking Foggy Bottom/Dupont Circle/etc. Someplace safe.

Oh, I have a cat, thus why need to live off campus, so just warning you if you have allergies.

And if anyone knows where you can find potential roommates, let me know please! I want to cut costs while living in DC proper.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby starrydecisus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Kim617 wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:So as a Floridian (born and raised), do any of your Northerners have advice for me as far as the cold weather goes?

bring a coat! :)

you shouldn't have to worry too much about snow (this year was an anomaly), but it's not even usually that cold when it snows. i'm not sure about DC, but in NY (and New England more so) there are days when it is so cold you feel like you'll die walking to your car. we didn't have too many of those this year, but maybe the year before last, i remember one day where it was literally zero, and -8 with the windchill. that's effing cold. i'm not sure if dc is quite like that, but i assume it gets into the 20s, so coat, scarf, and gloves should be fine.

see, i prefer cold weather. i don't like florida because of the heat and humidity all year round. my hair always looks pretty in cold weather, but once it gets humid, the curls start popping out. new york gets sweltering in the summer, but it's only for three months, so i can handle it :)


Haha, it actually snowed the day after the early ASW in January, so I was up there for that. Being from Florida, I absolutely loved it. (Although I am known to wear 10+ layers in the cold remember...recall that 60s is cold in Florida)...Did not have appropriate shoes for the snow (suede boots did NOT work) so I had to buy some nice boots that could handle the snow while I was up there. Good investment for next year, though!

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:Jeez. You people all root for the three teams I really really hate...

Not the Bucs though. I more pity them than anything.

so i'm guessing you're a pats fan, then?

who else would hate the jets, colts, and giants?



Theres the logical skills that got you into G-Town.

I hate the Giants the most usually... after the tragedy that was 18-1.

tragedy? i think not. it was the first time all season that brady got knocked in the teeth and it was beautiful.

february 3rd, 2008 was the best day of my life. i acquired a copy of that game and watch it whenever i'm having a bad day. the only thing that ruins it is joe buck's call of the helmet catch. he sounded like he could not be LESS interested, and like it was the second quarter of the third game of the season. jerkoff.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:Jeez. You people all root for the three teams I really really hate...

Not the Bucs though. I more pity them than anything.

so i'm guessing you're a pats fan, then?

who else would hate the jets, colts, and giants?


Kim, I can tell you're going to be an excellent attorney based on your logical reasoning :)

ha yeah, i'm really good at figuring out fandom based on hatred of other teams. that's a real talent! :wink:

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 pm

nax425 wrote:ok I'm just throwing this out there - off topic - but if anyone is going to live off campus and wants a roomie...pm me. I'll be moving in from KS. Don't know anyone I could live with. u can check my lsn for more about me - I have a girl roomie now, but lived with either...IDC. Easy-going. Just prefer clean communal spaces. If you do, too...maybe it could work out? I'm thinking Foggy Bottom/Dupont Circle/etc. Someplace safe.

Oh, I have a cat, thus why need to live off campus, so just warning you if you have allergies.

And if anyone knows where you can find potential roommates, let me know please! I want to cut costs while living in DC proper.



I will likely need a roomie, but I am waiting a month or so to start looking, just in case I get in NYU or my gf finds a killer job in DC.

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Okay back to work for me.



I still have nightmares of that catch. How was Eli not sacked..... ahh!!!!!

User avatar
PheelTheMusic
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby PheelTheMusic » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Kim617 wrote:tragedy? i think not. it was the first time all season that brady got knocked in the teeth and it was beautiful.

february 3rd, 2008 was the best day of my life. i acquired a copy of that game and watch it whenever i'm having a bad day. the only thing that ruins it is joe buck's call of the helmet catch. he sounded like he could not be LESS interested, and like it was the second quarter of the third game of the season. jerkoff.


I go to undergrad in the heart of Pats country and I was watching that SB in a room FULL of Pats fans. I think I cried at the end of the game I was so happy. I have a MAJOR soft spot for the Giants for that one.

And yeah, I hate when the Jets play on Fox. Joe Buck and co. are beyond awful.

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby nax425 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:27 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
nax425 wrote:ok I'm just throwing this out there - off topic - but if anyone is going to live off campus and wants a roomie...pm me. I'll be moving in from KS. Don't know anyone I could live with. u can check my lsn for more about me - I have a girl roomie now, but lived with either...IDC. Easy-going. Just prefer clean communal spaces. If you do, too...maybe it could work out? I'm thinking Foggy Bottom/Dupont Circle/etc. Someplace safe.

Oh, I have a cat, thus why need to live off campus, so just warning you if you have allergies.

And if anyone knows where you can find potential roommates, let me know please! I want to cut costs while living in DC proper.



I will likely need a roomie, but I am waiting a month or so to start looking, just in case I get in NYU or my gf finds a killer job in DC.


yeah Gtown isn't set in stone yet for me...but it would appear so. NYU reject, just waiting on CLS, and I don't have positive vibes. figured I'd put feelers out there...we'll see what happens.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest