GULC c/o 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Topher

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Topher » Tue May 25, 2010 9:48 am

Kim617 wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:in Florida:

Got mine today! 6th floor, west side =)

It really is SO weird that none of us are on the same floor!

Well, actually, there are two of us on the 9th floor on here. We're roomates, lol.

empirestateofmind

Postby empirestateofmind » Tue May 25, 2010 10:02 am

i lurk this thread all the time but never post... but i got my housing assignment yesterday, but they paired me with a guy (i wasn't sure it was a guy's name so i had to call and ask... most awkward phone convo of my life lol), so i have to wait longer to find out my roommate! asdfjkl; as of now i'm 4th floor east side though!

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue May 25, 2010 10:11 am

empirestateofmind wrote:i lurk this thread all the time but never post... but i got my housing assignment yesterday, but they paired me with a guy (i wasn't sure it was a guy's name so i had to call and ask... most awkward phone convo of my life lol), so i have to wait longer to find out my roommate! asdfjkl; as of now i'm 4th floor east side though!

Welcome, come post often. Hmm.. Did he seem excited to have you as a roommate? :)
Hopefully, they will get it sorted out quickly.

empirestateofmind

Postby empirestateofmind » Tue May 25, 2010 10:47 am

Unitas wrote:
empirestateofmind wrote:i lurk this thread all the time but never post... but i got my housing assignment yesterday, but they paired me with a guy (i wasn't sure it was a guy's name so i had to call and ask... most awkward phone convo of my life lol), so i have to wait longer to find out my roommate! asdfjkl; as of now i'm 4th floor east side though!

Welcome, come post often. Hmm.. Did he seem excited to have you as a roommate? :)

Thanks! Wow they already straightened it out and even sent me my roommates name by e-mail. G-town continues to exceed my expectations in efficiency and awesomeness!

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:34 am

empirestateofmind wrote:
Unitas wrote:

Thanks! Wow they already straightened it out and even sent me my roommates name by e-mail. G-town continues to exceed my expectations in efficiency and awesomeness!

I got a new room and roommate assignment this morning via email as well, perhaps we are roommates...

Revisionist

Postby Revisionist » Tue May 25, 2010 12:30 pm

volsi wrote:I see all the Taylor Swift and Jay-Z love in here. Now, let me ask this - anyone else a fan of alternative bluegrass? :D

I don't know about alternative bluegrass, but I like some alt-country. Stuff like Lucero, Rocky Votolato, The Everybodyfields, The Dutchess and the Duke, The Avett Brothers...do you know any of them? The Avett Brothers might be close to bluegrass, but I don't really know what I'm talking about. They have a banjo and an upright bass though.

I'm also into a lot of punk and indie, so I'm hoping to catch a bunch of good shows at the Black Cat.

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Tue May 25, 2010 12:44 pm

just got mine. 3rd floor west! looks like i'll be taking the stairs for the next year lol.

PheelTheMusic

Postby PheelTheMusic » Tue May 25, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm on the 4th Floor!

Interminable_Waiting wrote:1) I'm happy everyone likes Taylor Swift (and Jay-Z?).

2) If I ever have a few months with lots of free time, is LOST worth it? This is for people who went through the whole series.

3) Go Celtics!

Seasons 1-4 of Lost were incredible but then 5&6 were an absurd waste of time. I seriously feel like I have been played, particularly after the way they ended the final season. In 1-4 the plot lines and character interactions were brilliantly composed and woven together against a backdrop of faith vs science. Then, when it became time to resolve some of these tensions, the writers either resorted to nonsensical "magic" or just abandoned the important questions altogether.

Tough Celts loss last night but I think you'll get em in Game 5.

PheelTheMusic

Postby PheelTheMusic » Tue May 25, 2010 1:20 pm

tigrelis wrote:
volsi wrote:I do plan on watching some series this summer. I just got the complete Daria on DVD and I plan to watch Mad Men and the Wire.

Also, Mad Men and The Wire are top notch. Two of my favorite shows.

The Wire is up there for me as an all time great with The Sopranos and The West Wing.

PheelTheMusic

Postby PheelTheMusic » Tue May 25, 2010 1:21 pm

volsi wrote:I see all the Taylor Swift and Jay-Z love in here. Now, let me ask this - anyone else a fan of alternative bluegrass? :D

Alt bluegrass as in Nickel Creek, Chris Thile, Punch Brothers, Avett Bros, etc?

If so, then a big yes.

Postby 02122015 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:33 pm

I would love to have a guy roomie! No drama :) Glad they sorted it out for you!

Kim617

Postby Kim617 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:33 pm

iamtaw wrote:just got mine. 3rd floor west! looks like i'll be taking the stairs for the next year lol.

Same, third floor west!

Topher

Postby Topher » Tue May 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Even numbers are East-facing, right?

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue May 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Topher wrote:Even numbers are East-facing, right?

Yep. I guess you are a fellow east-facer?

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Tue May 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Kim617 wrote:
iamtaw wrote:just got mine. 3rd floor west! looks like i'll be taking the stairs for the next year lol.

Same, third floor west!

awesome! i can't wait to move in. glad a fellow tls-er will be there!

nowinGA

Postby nowinGA » Tue May 25, 2010 3:16 pm

iamtaw wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Same, third floor west!

I will be directly above on four west! I will try to go easy on the jumping jacks...

iamtaw

Postby iamtaw » Tue May 25, 2010 3:25 pm

nowinGA wrote:
iamtaw wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Same, third floor west!

I will be directly above on four west! I will try to go easy on the jumping jacks...

glad you're not a jumping jack enthusiast. though if you were, that would be amazing

empirestateofmind

Postby empirestateofmind » Tue May 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Kim617 wrote:

I would love to have a guy roomie! No drama :) Glad they sorted it out for you!

Haha so true! I actually live with two guys now and I love it, but the thought of sharing a bathroom with them... lol

Topher

Postby Topher » Tue May 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Unitas wrote:

Yessir. I love the sun waking me up in the morning

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue May 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Topher wrote:
Unitas wrote:

Blackout curtains are great.

Anyone have any pictures of the dorms inside, specifically the one bedroom ones? I have been looking for them and can't really find any... The three pictures on the site aren't that great.

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Unitas wrote:
Topher wrote:
Unitas wrote:

Anyone have any pictures of the dorms inside, specifically the one bedroom ones? I have been looking for them and can't really find any... The three pictures on the site aren't that great.

I have a few pictures from the ASW of the apartment where I stayed. It was a 2 bedroom with the living room. If you're interested (I know it's not the one bedroom), pm me with your email address, and I'll send them over.

Also, my window has faced east for the past three years AND we weren't allowed to have curtains over our blinds (which were awful at keeping the sun out). I'll be looking forward to finally being able to sleep in without the sun blinding me!

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue May 25, 2010 4:13 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
Unitas wrote:
Topher wrote:
Unitas wrote:Yep. I guess you are a fellow east-facer?

I have a few pictures from the ASW of the apartment where I stayed. It was a 2 bedroom with the living room. If you're interested (I know it's not the one bedroom), pm me with your email address, and I'll send them over.

Also, my window has faced east for the past three years AND we weren't allowed to have curtains over our blinds (which were awful at keeping the sun out). I'll be looking forward to finally being able to sleep in without the sun blinding me!

Thank you, pm will be sent in just a sec. I found these two pictures via google image search:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... s%3Disch:1
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... s%3Disch:1

Pics are from 2005...

I found this too: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/reslife/o ... ook_04.pdf Not sure if it was linked anywhere before.

Delinquent

Postby Delinquent » Tue May 25, 2010 4:32 pm

Anyone on here not living in the dorm? Looking at off-campus housing? I've found a pretty nice looking and cheap 4-bedroom row house about a mile and half off campus. 20 minute walk, roughly 10 minute bus, 5 minute drive. I'm trying to find three other people who might be interested.

If you're interested, send me a PM.

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Do you guys already have your georgetown email? How did you find out what it was and how to access it?

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”