GULC c/o 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Mon May 17, 2010 8:16 am

I was hoping someone close to DC would get theirs on Saturday, but then realized Sunday if they already live close to DC they probably didn't sign up for a room.. Logic fail on my part.

Here's to hoping we get them today. Two days is usually the length of time for me to get mail from DC.

User avatar
volsi
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby volsi » Mon May 17, 2010 9:11 am

All my internet forums were pretty quiet this weekend. I understand it myself, I was gorgeous outside and I was home very little. I expect that if it starts raining on the East Coast, the posting will magically jump in volume.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Mon May 17, 2010 12:32 pm

volsi wrote:All my internet forums were pretty quiet this weekend. I understand it myself, I was gorgeous outside and I was home very little. I expect that if it starts raining on the East Coast, the posting will magically jump in volume.


I used to use a game forum (Neoseeker) and this one, but haven't been on the game one in a long time.

Nothing in my mail today.. Here's to hoping it is coming sometime this week. I want to get excited about going either by knowing where I will live or looking for an apartment.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Yeah, it usually only takes 2 days for mail to get to me from DC. But I checked, and there was no room assignment today :(

CMONNNNNNNNN I'M LOSING IT

User avatar
volsi
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby volsi » Mon May 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Unitas wrote:
volsi wrote:All my internet forums were pretty quiet this weekend. I understand it myself, I was gorgeous outside and I was home very little. I expect that if it starts raining on the East Coast, the posting will magically jump in volume.


I used to use a game forum (Neoseeker) and this one, but haven't been on the game one in a long time.


I'm a big fan of trashy tv, as I've said before, so I follow the Television Without Pity forums on such high quality entertainment as The Biggest Loser, Survivor, and Tabatha's Salon Takeover. This has become my most active forum; I thought i'd start to peter off my internet participation in advance of starting classes.

I hope you guys get your housing assignments and quick. They probably only mailed them out today, though. I don't know how much roommate assigning I'd get done on a nice friday in May...

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Mon May 17, 2010 3:15 pm

volsi wrote:
Unitas wrote:
volsi wrote:All my internet forums were pretty quiet this weekend. I understand it myself, I was gorgeous outside and I was home very little. I expect that if it starts raining on the East Coast, the posting will magically jump in volume.


I used to use a game forum (Neoseeker) and this one, but haven't been on the game one in a long time.


I'm a big fan of trashy tv, as I've said before, so I follow the Television Without Pity forums on such high quality entertainment as The Biggest Loser, Survivor, and Tabatha's Salon Takeover. This has become my most active forum; I thought i'd start to peter off my internet participation in advance of starting classes.

I hope you guys get your housing assignments and quick. They probably only mailed them out today, though. I don't know how much roommate assigning I'd get done on a nice friday in May...

I think they assigned them like a week ago and just mailed them on friday. Hopefully tomorrow!

gators88
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gators88 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:08 pm

Just checked the mail in FL, nothing from Gtown :(

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Tue May 18, 2010 1:57 pm

I just called. They are very nice in Residence Life even though I sounded stupid. The assignments will be mailed (actual letter) and she believes they will be mailed at the end of the week.

I am getting excited reading Getting to Maybe and set aside all day tomorrow to work on law school stuff. I'll do everything else and set aside a day next week to look at housing. :cry:

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue May 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Unitas wrote:I just called. They are very nice in Residence Life even though I sounded stupid. The assignments will be mailed (actual letter) and she believes they will be mailed at the end of the week.



Depressing

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:52 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
Unitas wrote:I just called. They are very nice in Residence Life even though I sounded stupid. The assignments will be mailed (actual letter) and she believes they will be mailed at the end of the week.



Depressing

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby nowinGA » Tue May 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Are there any other females on here looking for housing off-campus? I applied for Gewirz, but as I was admitted after the lottery, I may not get in or may not get the assignment I prefer. I lived in the DC area he past few years and know the areas fairly well...if anyone else is looking to share a place, shoot me a PM! I prefer Gewirz, for the convenience (okay, it's for the gym, I admit)...but there are some of the assignments that would not work well for me...Thanks!

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:56 pm

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Wed May 19, 2010 9:03 pm

MSPeast wrote:According to the FB group, some people were able to call in today and find out their room assignments. I guess they're mailing the letters today as well.


Awesome.. I probably won't get mine in the mail until Friday, but I am still getting really excited about it all. I have finished all of the paperwork now and just waiting on them.

I may make another trip up to DC before the fall.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:35 pm

So, I've completed the blue form, completed the MPNs for subsidized/unsubsized/plus loans, submitted my PLUS loan application, and did the PLUS entrance counseling. Is there anything else I need to do, or am I all set? I'm so confused...

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:38 pm

MSPeast wrote:According to the FB group, some people were able to call in today and find out their room assignments. I guess they're mailing the letters today as well.

Ah, I'm going to try and call tomorrow. I'm DYING to know whether I got the room I wanted and also who my roommate is.

gators88
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby gators88 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:08 pm

I am also really anxiously awaiting these assignments. To be honest, I don't really care what room I get, I put 2 and 3 bedrooms as my first 2 choices. I would also love to know who my roommate is so I can start facebook stalking...I just hope its someone fun.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Unitas » Wed May 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Kim617 wrote:So, I've completed the blue form, completed the MPNs for subsidized/unsubsized/plus loans, submitted my PLUS loan application, and did the PLUS entrance counseling. Is there anything else I need to do, or am I all set? I'm so confused...

Accept the awards on myaccess?

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:42 pm

gators88 wrote:I am also really anxiously awaiting these assignments. To be honest, I don't really care what room I get, I put 2 and 3 bedrooms as my first 2 choices. I would also love to know who my roommate is so I can start facebook stalking...I just hope its someone fun.

Haha, that's kind of what I'm thinking. I hope my roommate is fun.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:42 pm

Unitas wrote:
Kim617 wrote:So, I've completed the blue form, completed the MPNs for subsidized/unsubsized/plus loans, submitted my PLUS loan application, and did the PLUS entrance counseling. Is there anything else I need to do, or am I all set? I'm so confused...

Accept the awards on myaccess?

Did it! I think I'm done!

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby js87 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Unitas wrote:
Kim617 wrote:So, I've completed the blue form, completed the MPNs for subsidized/unsubsized/plus loans, submitted my PLUS loan application, and did the PLUS entrance counseling. Is there anything else I need to do, or am I all set? I'm so confused...

Accept the awards on myaccess?

Did it! I think I'm done!


Congrats on finishing the daunting the process. Were you able to accept GradPLUS loans on myaccess? I completed everything as well, but on myaccess I only have the drop down boxes to accept the Subsidized and unsubsidized. There is no box next to my plus loan.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:59 pm

js87 wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
Unitas wrote:
Kim617 wrote:So, I've completed the blue form, completed the MPNs for subsidized/unsubsized/plus loans, submitted my PLUS loan application, and did the PLUS entrance counseling. Is there anything else I need to do, or am I all set? I'm so confused...

Accept the awards on myaccess?

Did it! I think I'm done!


Congrats on finishing the daunting the process. Were you able to accept GradPLUS loans on myaccess? I completed everything as well, but on myaccess I only have the drop down boxes to accept the Subsidized and unsubsidized. There is no box next to my plus loan.

Me neither. I just clicked accept all, but the plus loans were not included.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:15 pm

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:34 am

MSPeast wrote:I couldn't accept the PLUS loans either. I did get a pop-up message warning me not to apply for PLUS loans too early though... guess I'll just do it again later this summer.

Really? I thought we had to do everything by June 1st? Should I have not done everything?

Ugh, I'm tired of worrying about this when I still have another final tomorrow.

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Torvon » Thu May 20, 2010 4:26 am

Kim617 wrote:
MSPeast wrote:I couldn't accept the PLUS loans either. I did get a pop-up message warning me not to apply for PLUS loans too early though... guess I'll just do it again later this summer.

Really? I thought we had to do everything by June 1st? Should I have not done everything?

Ugh, I'm tired of worrying about this when I still have another final tomorrow.


Technically you weren't suppose to submit the application for GradPLUS until 90 days prior to September 1. However, seeing as how everything on their website except for a side not inside of myaccess says the exact opposite of that I'm guessing there are a lot of people in that same situation. All it really means is that you'll have to resubmit an application 90 days from when you submitted it the first time. The 90 day thing is the length of time that the credit check is good for and they won't run another credit check until the one you already had is expired.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Postby Kim617 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:21 am

Torvon wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
MSPeast wrote:I couldn't accept the PLUS loans either. I did get a pop-up message warning me not to apply for PLUS loans too early though... guess I'll just do it again later this summer.

Really? I thought we had to do everything by June 1st? Should I have not done everything?

Ugh, I'm tired of worrying about this when I still have another final tomorrow.


Technically you weren't suppose to submit the application for GradPLUS until 90 days prior to September 1. However, seeing as how everything on their website except for a side not inside of myaccess says the exact opposite of that I'm guessing there are a lot of people in that same situation. All it really means is that you'll have to resubmit an application 90 days from when you submitted it the first time. The 90 day thing is the length of time that the credit check is good for and they won't run another credit check until the one you already had is expired.

Thanks. They should really have like one list of everything you're supposed to do and when you're supposed to do it. This is so frustrating.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest