GULC c/o 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
dk8

Bronze

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Post by dk8 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:36 am

Cube wrote:I havent sent my official transcript, gotten my immunization form signed, filled out the letter that came in the mail from direct loans, or read anything about when i'll actually have to do something about tuition.... or asked them to remove my health insurance fee. How late and screwed am I?
They won't take away your seat or anything but I"d get going right now

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:43 am

Cube wrote:I havent sent my official transcript, gotten my immunization form signed, filled out the letter that came in the mail from direct loans, or read anything about when i'll actually have to do something about tuition.... or asked them to remove my health insurance fee. How late and screwed am I?
If not for TLS, this would be me.

nowinGA

Bronze

Post by nowinGA » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:57 am

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
If not for TLS, this would be me.
Wow...your attention to detail and timeliness is going to make you guys really great attorneys! (just kidding...)

If it helps, I was late with my parent's tax stuff and they were completely cool about it.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:15 pm

So I got that email from Dean Cornblatt about tuition payments being due, but my tuition is being made up in financial aid, a scholarship, loans, and work study. What the hell am I supposed to do?

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Kim617 wrote:So I got that email from Dean Cornblatt about tuition payments being due, but my tuition is being made up in financial aid, a scholarship, loans, and work study. What the hell am I supposed to do?
Just check your stuff online to make sure your fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tacitus33

New

Post by tacitus33 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:33 pm

So I got that email from Dean Cornblatt about tuition payments being due, but my tuition is being made up in financial aid, a scholarship, loans, and work study. What the hell am I supposed to do?
Log into student account services. They should have credited your fin aid against your tuition costs.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:44 pm

tacitus33 wrote:
Log into student account services. They should have credited your fin aid against your tuition costs.
See, my award offer is correct in MyAccess, but student account services only has me listed as $3,600 in financial aid, which is wayy off. I emailed them, hopefully they respond. Now I'm getting worried.

tacitus33

New

Post by tacitus33 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Weird. Might want to call.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Kim617 wrote:
tacitus33 wrote:
See, my award offer is correct in MyAccess, but student account services only has me listed as $3,600 in financial aid, which is wayy off. I emailed them, hopefully they respond. Now I'm getting worried.
Hmm, click on view current activity in student account services and see exactly where the difference is? The top part will have estimated financial aid.

Is the 3600 the remaining amount maybe after paying tuition? Probably is... They take tution and room out and that is probably what you have left over for you (plus work study if you do that).

EDIT: 3 times.. Really?
Last edited by Unitas on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rocketman11

Silver

Post by Rocketman11 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:46 pm

I am upset Starry is not doing meetup logistics yet!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:I am upset Starry is not doing meetup logistics yet!
Most of us won't be there until the 20th of august and we'll have family/friends helping us move..

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:I am upset Starry is not doing meetup logistics yet!
All in due time, all in due time.

Cube

New

Post by Cube » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:15 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
Dude, my stomach hurts FOR you. That's a lot to do.

Edit: But as the girl who almost lost her Gewirz housing for forgetting to send in my occupancy agreement, I'm not judging. =)
I don't understand wtf i'm supposed to do with half of it.
How do I get the immunization form signed? My doc is probably going to make me schedule an appointment and pay a 50$ visiting copay - asshole :roll: .

The transcript is the only thing i'm not confused about... :?:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Cube wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:

Edit: But as the girl who almost lost her Gewirz housing for forgetting to send in my occupancy agreement, I'm not judging. =)
How do I get the immunization form signed? My doc is probably going to make me schedule an appointment and pay a 50$ visiting copay - asshole :roll: .

Immunization record: Ask your school if they have a copy. If it was good enough for them it may be good enough for LS, or just call and request a copy with whatever doctor did your UG ones. I can't imagine you'll pay for records, but will pay if you need shots.

Direct loans: What letter came in the mail? I don't recall anything, but it has been a while since I did it (if I did).

For loans, you should do all the stuff on the websites: accept the loans, do the MPNs, and do the counseling. Student services link should have information on when it's accepted.

Health insurance waiver is a survey on myaccess. Really easy, just laid out in 15 pages for some odd reason. Could be all one form with little more than a page of info. (A late fee applies if done after the deadline - I don't remember the deadline..

Did you do the blue form? Did you accept a place in the class and send a deposit or acceptance form?

Call the financial aid office and the school too, just to apologize and make sure everything is ok.

Cube

New

Post by Cube » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Unitas wrote:
Cube wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:

Immunization record: Ask your school if they have a copy. If it was good enough for them it may be good enough for LS, or just call and request a copy with whatever doctor did your UG ones. I can't imagine you'll pay for records, but will pay if you need shots.

Direct loans: What letter came in the mail? I don't recall anything, but it has been a while since I did it (if I did).

For loans, you should do all the stuff on the websites: accept the loans, do the MPNs, and do the counseling. Student services link should have information on when it's accepted.

Health insurance waiver is a survey on myaccess. Really easy, just laid out in 15 pages for some odd reason. Could be all one form with little more than a page of info. (A late fee applies if done after the deadline - I don't remember the deadline..

Did you do the blue form? Did you accept a place in the class and send a deposit or acceptance form?

Call the financial aid office and the school too, just to apologize and make sure everything is ok.
I picked up my immunization records already, and I made sure everything on the list was in the records. I was wondering about the form that they put on the website, it's called a "screening certificate."

For the loans, I did up to the blue form step... and then received a letter in the mail from "Direct Loans."
I guess it's supposed to be my promissory note, i'm confused because it doesn't say at all what my total loans will be on here, or any other specific information about my loan, just info about federal loans in general... yet I'm supposed to list some references, sign and send it back.

I don't know what you mean by accepting a place in the class. I have been sending my deposits in on time - I didn't send in the deposit waiver and commit to the school yet because I was waiting on a waitlist for Northwestern.

Thanks for the help

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Cube wrote: I picked up my immunization records already, and I made sure everything on the list was in the records. I was wondering about the forum that they put on the website, it's called a "screening certificate."

For the loans, I did up to the blue form step... and then received a letter in the mail from "Direct Loans."
I guess it's supposed to be my promissory note, i'm confused because it doesn't say at all what my total loans will be on here, or any other specific information about my loan, just info about federal loans in general... yet I'm supposed to list some references, sign and send it back.

I don't know what you mean by accepting a place in the class. I have been sending my deposits in on time - I didn't send in the deposit waiver and commit to the school yet because I was waiting on a waitlist for Northwestern.

Thanks for the help

PMed.

Anyone have any other things I should add to my list of stuff to bring??\

Without a computer I am looking at spending 600 dollars (without tax) on items to move into the dorm. That is depressing..

volsi

Bronze

Post by volsi » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:10 pm

Unitas wrote:

Without a computer I am looking at spending 600 dollars (without tax) on items to move into the dorm. That is depressing..
DVDs for me to borrow? :D I like season sets.

Think of those things as an investment. You'll probably use many of them even when you move into off-campus housing.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:34 pm

volsi wrote:
Unitas wrote:

Think of those things as an investment. You'll probably use many of them even when you move into off-campus housing.
Hmm.. I doubt I'm bringing any DVDs, sorry. I may buy some up there.

I already have all the stuff here, so I'm buying cheaper duplicates of everything for up there. It's ok though. :?

Can we change the pic now? Rocketman has no standards anyhow....

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Unitas wrote:
volsi wrote:
Unitas wrote:

I already have all the stuff here, so I'm buying cheaper duplicates of everything for up there. It's ok though. :?

True, the old woman is actually frightening. With apologies if she's your grandmother or something.

Unitas I see we're in a race to 2000 posts.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:54 pm

MSPeast wrote:
Unitas wrote:
volsi wrote:
Unitas wrote:

True, the old woman is actually frightening. With apologies if she's your grandmother or something.

The picture looks like a mug shot too... Scary indeed.

I didn't notice how close we were in posts or that I was close to 2000. Off to the lounge to post some random bs....

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Unitas wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
I didn't notice how close we were in posts or that I was close to 2000. Off to the lounge to post some random bs....
I've been catching up these days. I had like 800 posts a month ago.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:04 pm

MSPeast wrote:
Unitas wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
BS done.. 2000 post has to be made in C/O 2013 thread... Go me.

I read more often than I post, but obviously post a lot. I noticed you post a lot in the lounge lately.
How is getting ready for the move going for you?

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Unitas wrote:
MSPeast wrote:
Unitas wrote:
MSPeast wrote:

I read more often than I post, but obviously post a lot. I noticed you post a lot in the lounge lately.
Well as far as packing goes, nothing is packed except for my printer, and that's because I haven't taken it out of the box.
But I've put in my notice at work and everything is squared away concerning GULC enrollment requirements. I have my law school laptop, and I've even programmed the orientation calendar into my computer. I basically just have to pack my things up in a few weeks.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:14 pm

MSPeast wrote:
Unitas wrote:
MSPeast wrote: I've been catching up these days. I had like 800 posts a month ago.

Well as far as packing goes, nothing is packed except for my printer, and that's because I haven't taken it out of the box.
But I've put in my notice at work and everything is squared away concerning GULC enrollment requirements. I have my law school laptop, and I've even programmed the orientation calendar into my computer. I basically just have to pack my things up in a few weeks.
Yeah, I haven't started yet. I am not going to start shopping until the first of next month, then I'll get it all done quickly. We're on the same floor, so we'll moving in on the same time. That should be fun... Glad I'll only have to do it once.

Oh yeah, we can send our pictures for the facebook and for our gocards. Anyone know if we can tie our gocards into a checking account? or must we deposit money?

volsi

Bronze

Post by volsi » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:28 pm

Fine, fine, I'll change the old lady. But I'd like to share who she is. It actually IS a mugshot. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/05 ... more1.html
I find this photo hilarious.
I've chosen a different, more visually appealing mugshot.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”