GULC c/o 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
volsi

Bronze

Re: The Caboose of the T13 c/o 2013

Post by volsi » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:12 am

argylesocks wrote:Does the large student body at Georgetown worry anyone else? I'm trying to decide between Georgetown and Tucker Max University, and the only thing that's stopping me from choosing Georgetown at this point is the fact that the school is HUGE. 450+ 1L students at Georgetown vs. 220+ at Tucker Max University. That's a big difference - but does it matter, since you seem to interact mostly with people from your section anyways?

What are your thoughts about the pros/cons of Georgetown's large student body? (Any good threads about this?)
They did a really good job at the ASW of selling it to us as a feature. It doesn't worry me at all.
Basically; largest selection of classes anywhere, individual attention when you want it, classmates from all over who may or may not be competing with you.

Hehehe, Tucker Max!

volsi

Bronze

Post by volsi » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:14 am

starrydecisus wrote:VOLSI!!! (And my other The Good Wife watching friends)...

It's back on next week!!! Check out the preview. It looks like a very exciting episode.

SPOILER ALERT if you're not up to the end yet!
--LinkRemoved--
Eee, I am excited! There's another forum I'm on (tv related) where someone posted casting sides and scene previews for the next 6 episodes. So I know random things about the courtroom scenes for episodes that air in May. But I'll be glued to my TV on tuesday anyway. I love this show.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:22 am

Okay. It's 12:20 a.m. April 2. Can we go back to being G.U.L.C. again? haha!

Here's my test....

GULC
+1
lol
law school

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:47 am

starrydecisus wrote:VOLSI!!! (And my other The Good Wife watching friends)...

It's back on next week!!! Check out the preview. It looks like a very exciting episode.

SPOILER ALERT if you're not up to the end yet!
--LinkRemoved--
AHHH I'm only on episode 9. Okay, it took me like 10 minutes to write this out, because I was out drinking, but I totally thought of all my Gtown buddies and how I'd rather be drinking with all of you :D

wow i need to abstain from alcohol until august, and the fact that i wrote this all while very drunk just proves how amazing i really am at typing!

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:55 am

Kim617 wrote:AHHH I'm only on episode 9. Okay, it took me like 10 minutes to write this out, because I was out drinking, but I totally thought of all my Gtown buddies and how I'd rather be drinking with all of you :D

wow i need to abstain from alcohol until august, and the fact that i wrote this all while very drunk just proves how amazing i really am at typing!
Thanks for letting us know you are an amazing drunk typer, and for thinking of us enough to post despite your inebriated state. I am definitely excited to get out of the workforce for a a bit, so Thursday nights can go back to its college meaning of drinking games and bars, rather than early bedtimes. From everything people said at the ASD, Georgetown seems like it is very open to letting me carry out that plan.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

phillygovteacher

New

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Post by phillygovteacher » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:00 am

volsi wrote:
phillygovteacher wrote:
I've started the dreaded apartment search and after extensive touring around the city Friday and Saturday, I've created a loose ranking of my neighborhood preferences, with Dupont Circle the current #1. Is anyone else considering the Dupont area at this point? And for all of the DC experts/residents here, is Dupont Circle good value or is my top pick overrated? Any other neighborhood suggestions that are decently priced/convenient to GULC/semi-interesting for people in their 20's/you yourself are considering?
Dupont Circle is awesome, but it is expensive. It's like living in the Union Square/Greenwich Village area in NYC - you're paying for location. It is, however, a good safe neighborhood.
My main criterion is whether I can walk to school within a reasonable amount of time (20 min). Somewhat limiting.

I've spoken to some alums. A few lived in luxury developments - the high rises. I don't know if I can convince myself to do that, though. So expensive! Maybe I'll just tell myself I'll have a really fancy apartment after law school.

Delayed response on my part but thanks for the feedback. I'll have a roommate (the gf) so that should offset the cost some. I figure that as long as I can bike to the school in a reasonable amount of time without being unreasonably sweaty the distance is ok. It seems like many of the apartments right around the law school were also pretty pricey? but maybe I wasn't looking in the right places.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:45 am

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
Kim617 wrote:AHHH I'm only on episode 9. Okay, it took me like 10 minutes to write this out, because I was out drinking, but I totally thought of all my Gtown buddies and how I'd rather be drinking with all of you :D

Thanks for letting us know you are an amazing drunk typer, and for thinking of us enough to post despite your inebriated state. I am definitely excited to get out of the workforce for a a bit, so Thursday nights can go back to its college meaning of drinking games and bars, rather than early bedtimes. From everything people said at the ASD, Georgetown seems like it is very open to letting me carry out that plan.
wow, i am so embarrassed. sorry about that :( very not like me, i don't even drunk text! to be fair, i am on spring break. i never go out, ever. maybe that'll change in law school.

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:59 am

Kim617 wrote:

wow, i am so embarrassed. sorry about that :( very not like me, i don't even drunk text! to be fair, i am on spring break. i never go out, ever. maybe that'll change in law school.

Hahaha. I hope my post didn't come across as mean. I was delighted by your drunk post when I came into work this morning and read it. No embarrassment necessary.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Kim617 wrote:

We love you, Kim. You made us laugh. No need to be embarassed, although it was pretty amusing :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Muddy

New

Post by Muddy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Kim617 wrote:Actually, scratch that. I just checked again and it showed that I received the full amount for all the loans, plus the full amount for work study.
What would that amount be??

Muddy

New

Post by Muddy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:48 pm

Muddy wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Actually, scratch that. I just checked again and it showed that I received the full amount for all the loans, plus the full amount for work study.
What does it mean when you log into MyAccess and the total amount doesn't add up to $68,000? :?:

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Muddy wrote:
Muddy wrote:
What does it mean when you log into MyAccess and the total amount doesn't add up to $68,000? :?:
In my case it meant that I have a grant coming to cover the difference. I think Georgetown did this inadvertantly (it is the first year they are putting this stuff up on MyAccess). When I asked someone from financial aid your question, she kinda hemmed and hawed but eventually confirmed that I'm getting $$.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Muddy wrote:
Muddy wrote:
In my case it meant that I have a grant coming to cover the difference. I think Georgetown did this inadvertantly (it is the first year they are putting this stuff up on MyAccess). When I asked someone from financial aid your question, she kinda hemmed and hawed but eventually confirmed that I'm getting $$.
Is the myaccess stuff found on the accessgroup.org/account site? Or is it somewhere else? I just got all my stuff submitted so I may not have anything on there for a while.

Today, I got my account information and gocard number in the mail. Haven't tried to log into the site yet though.

Happy Good Friday to everyone.

+1 to fun drunk texting Kim.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Unitas wrote:
Muddy wrote:
Muddy wrote:
Is the myaccess stuff found on the accessgroup.org/account site? Or is it somewhere else? I just got all my stuff submitted so I may not have anything on there for a while.

Today, I got my account information and gocard number in the mail. Haven't tried to log into the site yet though.

:D

go to the georgetown law website, and then click i think student services, and on the left there is the myaccess link. then you can use the login that you got in the mail. there you should find your loan info.

no meat all day today :( and i'm not going to mass until 7 so i imagine that i'll forget and have like a turkey sandwich or something. poultry counts.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Unitas wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote: In my case it meant that I have a grant coming to cover the difference. I think Georgetown did this inadvertantly (it is the first year they are putting this stuff up on MyAccess). When I asked someone from financial aid your question, she kinda hemmed and hawed but eventually confirmed that I'm getting $$.

:D

go to the georgetown law website, and then click i think student services, and on the left there is the myaccess link. then you can use the login that you got in the mail. there you should find your loan info.

no meat all day today :( and i'm not going to mass until 7 so i imagine that i'll forget and have like a turkey sandwich or something. poultry counts.
I eat what I want when I want... I was screwed over in that when I was younger.. Not anymore. :?

Hmm, did you all do the Law Entrance Interview?? I'll do that now I suppose.

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Kim617 wrote:
I know I always forget!!! One time I forgot twice in one day. Fail.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:24 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
So I had toast for breakfast, a grilled cheese for lunch, and some noodle soup just before. WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO EAT FOR DINNER?!

nax425

Bronze

Post by nax425 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Kim617 wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:
Kim617 wrote:
So I had toast for breakfast, a grilled cheese for lunch, and some noodle soup just before. WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO EAT FOR DINNER?!
cheese pizza! my family's lenten tradition. we don't like fish. I've since become vegan anyway...but, yeah. cheese pizza is the fail safe lenten fast. Enjoy Good Friday!

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:58 pm

My younger sister and mom both contacted me today to remind me not eat meat. I am doing well so far. I've just had two bagels and peanut butter. I'm thinking Indian food for dinner though. Does lamb count as meat? I have a sinking feeling it does.

nax425

Bronze

Post by nax425 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:59 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:My younger sister and mom both contacted me today to remind me not eat meat. I am doing well so far. I've just had two bagels and peanut butter. I'm thinking Indian food for dinner though. Does lamb count as meat? I have a sinking feeling it does.
meat. definitely meat.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:02 pm

nax425 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:My younger sister and mom both contacted me today to remind me not eat meat. I am doing well so far. I've just had two bagels and peanut butter. I'm thinking Indian food for dinner though. Does lamb count as meat? I have a sinking feeling it does.
meat. definitely meat.

I was afraid of that. No good seafood in Vermont... I guess vegetable curries will carry the night.

nax425

Bronze

Post by nax425 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:08 pm

nax425 wrote:
meat. definitely meat.

I was afraid of that. No good seafood in Vermont... I guess vegetable curries will carry the night.
I like hummus with pita bread. And people always forget about beans. Beans are amazing! Go get some Mexican Food without the meat.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:10 pm

nax425 wrote:
meat. definitely meat.

i'm such a non-vegetarian, this is so difficult. maybe i'll get sushi or something. or pizza. UGH I'M SUCH A CARNIVORE.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

nax425 wrote:
nax425 wrote:
meat. definitely meat.

I like hummus with pita bread. And people always forget about beans. Beans are amazing! Go get some Mexican Food without the meat.
i love hummus. i have some in the fridge actually! but i HATE beans. they are the bane of my existence.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”