GULC c/o 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
PheelTheMusic

New

Re: GULC c/o 2013

Post by PheelTheMusic » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 am

gators88 wrote: A healthy Kenny Phillips + Antrelle Rolle. Giant's secondary will be sickk!

Sorry for hijacking the thread to talk about how good the g-men will be this year
Yet still not the best secondary in town :lol:
Kim617 wrote:let's just hope for an injury-free season
Absolutely

Ok, Ok, back to Gtown talk...

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:28 am

You do all realize the Giants are in a tragic downward spiral... You will all realize this, anyway, around the time they are 3-5ish.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:22 am

So as a Floridian (born and raised), do any of your Northerners have advice for me as far as the cold weather goes?

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:37 am

starrydecisus wrote:So as a Floridian (born and raised), do any of your Northerners have advice for me as far as the cold weather goes?
As a Southerner, do you have any advice about the hot weather in DC???

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 am

Interminable_Waiting wrote:You do all realize the Giants are in a tragic downward spiral... You will all realize this, anyway, around the time they are 3-5ish.
Definitely not. A good, young receiving corps, a good, young secondary (assuming kenny phillips is back at full speed, when he went down, i was sick; excited about rolle though), and a good, young qb. i'm hoping the front line generates more pressure this year, because tuck and osi are better than that. they need to upgrade at linebacker for sure, though. last year was the downward spiral. you don't start out 5-0 and then not make the playoffs. let's not have that happen again.

okay sorry, back to gtown...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:48 am

starrydecisus wrote:So as a Floridian (born and raised), do any of your Northerners have advice for me as far as the cold weather goes?
bring a coat! :)

you shouldn't have to worry too much about snow (this year was an anomaly), but it's not even usually that cold when it snows. i'm not sure about DC, but in NY (and New England more so) there are days when it is so cold you feel like you'll die walking to your car. we didn't have too many of those this year, but maybe the year before last, i remember one day where it was literally zero, and -8 with the windchill. that's effing cold. i'm not sure if dc is quite like that, but i assume it gets into the 20s, so coat, scarf, and gloves should be fine.

see, i prefer cold weather. i don't like florida because of the heat and humidity all year round. my hair always looks pretty in cold weather, but once it gets humid, the curls start popping out. new york gets sweltering in the summer, but it's only for three months, so i can handle it :)

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
It is absolutely disgusting here in the summer. DC is built on a swamp, after all and its really the humidity that makes it gross. I feel awful for the men in suits. At least as a woman I can wear a skirt and tank top when I'm walking to work and then put on a jacket/cardigan when I get to the office. It won't be too uncomfortable during the school year, so maybe you can just summer somewhere with less humidity or spend August at the beach.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 am

chutzpah wrote:
It is absolutely disgusting here in the summer. DC is built on a swamp, after all and its really the humidity that makes it gross. I feel awful for the men in suits. At least as a woman I can wear a skirt and tank top when I'm walking to work and then put on a jacket/cardigan when I get to the office. It won't be too uncomfortable during the school year, so maybe you can just summer somewhere with less humidity or spend August at the beach.
i don't even know where you'd go to escape the humidity lol NY between june and august is always at 100% humidity. it's like, where can i friggin escape?! do you know what my hair looks like?!

amolson04

New

Post by amolson04 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:01 pm

so i'm a little late to this party, but can i be the next member of GULC girls football-watching club 2010?!?! i watch(ed) every sunday with my dad, who likes the colts, but i have divided team loyalties. mostly i just refuse to cheer for the vikings :D

also, i second (third?) the idea that dc/ny humidity sucks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:03 pm

amolson04 wrote:so i'm a little late to this party, but can i be the next member of GULC girls football-watching club 2010?!?! i watch(ed) every sunday with my dad, who likes the colts, but i have divided team loyalties. mostly i just refuse to cheer for the vikings :D

ahhaha definitely! i like the colts, gotta root for brother manning!

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Jeez. You people all root for the three teams I really really hate...

Not the Bucs though. I more pity them than anything.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:Jeez. You people all root for the three teams I really really hate...

so i'm guessing you're a pats fan, then?

who else would hate the jets, colts, and giants?

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:06 pm

In Florida, we just stay inside in the air conditioning when it gets hot :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Kim617 wrote:
amolson04 wrote:so i'm a little late to this party, but can i be the next member of GULC girls football-watching club 2010?!?! i watch(ed) every sunday with my dad, who likes the colts, but i have divided team loyalties. mostly i just refuse to cheer for the vikings :D

So....my guilty secret is that I'm sort of in love with Peyton Manning....

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 pm

Kim617 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:Jeez. You people all root for the three teams I really really hate...

Theres the logical skills that got you into G-Town.

I hate the Giants the most usually... after the tragedy that was 18-1.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

So....my guilty secret is that I'm sort of in love with Peyton Manning....
haha he's charismatic and charming!

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 pm

Kim617 wrote:

Kim, I can tell you're going to be an excellent attorney based on your logical reasoning :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nax425

Bronze

Post by nax425 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:10 pm

ok I'm just throwing this out there - off topic - but if anyone is going to live off campus and wants a roomie...pm me. I'll be moving in from KS. Don't know anyone I could live with. u can check my lsn for more about me - I have a girl roomie now, but lived with either...IDC. Easy-going. Just prefer clean communal spaces. If you do, too...maybe it could work out? I'm thinking Foggy Bottom/Dupont Circle/etc. Someplace safe.

Oh, I have a cat, thus why need to live off campus, so just warning you if you have allergies.

And if anyone knows where you can find potential roommates, let me know please! I want to cut costs while living in DC proper.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Kim617 wrote:
bring a coat! :)

you shouldn't have to worry too much about snow (this year was an anomaly), but it's not even usually that cold when it snows. i'm not sure about DC, but in NY (and New England more so) there are days when it is so cold you feel like you'll die walking to your car. we didn't have too many of those this year, but maybe the year before last, i remember one day where it was literally zero, and -8 with the windchill. that's effing cold. i'm not sure if dc is quite like that, but i assume it gets into the 20s, so coat, scarf, and gloves should be fine.

see, i prefer cold weather. i don't like florida because of the heat and humidity all year round. my hair always looks pretty in cold weather, but once it gets humid, the curls start popping out. new york gets sweltering in the summer, but it's only for three months, so i can handle it :)
Haha, it actually snowed the day after the early ASW in January, so I was up there for that. Being from Florida, I absolutely loved it. (Although I am known to wear 10+ layers in the cold remember...recall that 60s is cold in Florida)...Did not have appropriate shoes for the snow (suede boots did NOT work) so I had to buy some nice boots that could handle the snow while I was up there. Good investment for next year, though!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Kim617 wrote:

Theres the logical skills that got you into G-Town.

I hate the Giants the most usually... after the tragedy that was 18-1.
tragedy? i think not. it was the first time all season that brady got knocked in the teeth and it was beautiful.

february 3rd, 2008 was the best day of my life. i acquired a copy of that game and watch it whenever i'm having a bad day. the only thing that ruins it is joe buck's call of the helmet catch. he sounded like he could not be LESS interested, and like it was the second quarter of the third game of the season. jerkoff.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Kim, I can tell you're going to be an excellent attorney based on your logical reasoning :)
ha yeah, i'm really good at figuring out fandom based on hatred of other teams. that's a real talent! :wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 pm

nax425 wrote:ok I'm just throwing this out there - off topic - but if anyone is going to live off campus and wants a roomie...pm me. I'll be moving in from KS. Don't know anyone I could live with. u can check my lsn for more about me - I have a girl roomie now, but lived with either...IDC. Easy-going. Just prefer clean communal spaces. If you do, too...maybe it could work out? I'm thinking Foggy Bottom/Dupont Circle/etc. Someplace safe.

Oh, I have a cat, thus why need to live off campus, so just warning you if you have allergies.

And if anyone knows where you can find potential roommates, let me know please! I want to cut costs while living in DC proper.

I will likely need a roomie, but I am waiting a month or so to start looking, just in case I get in NYU or my gf finds a killer job in DC.

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Okay back to work for me.

I still have nightmares of that catch. How was Eli not sacked..... ahh!!!!!

PheelTheMusic

New

Post by PheelTheMusic » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Kim617 wrote: tragedy? i think not. it was the first time all season that brady got knocked in the teeth and it was beautiful.

february 3rd, 2008 was the best day of my life. i acquired a copy of that game and watch it whenever i'm having a bad day. the only thing that ruins it is joe buck's call of the helmet catch. he sounded like he could not be LESS interested, and like it was the second quarter of the third game of the season. jerkoff.
I go to undergrad in the heart of Pats country and I was watching that SB in a room FULL of Pats fans. I think I cried at the end of the game I was so happy. I have a MAJOR soft spot for the Giants for that one.

And yeah, I hate when the Jets play on Fox. Joe Buck and co. are beyond awful.

nax425

Bronze

Post by nax425 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:27 pm

nax425 wrote:ok I'm just throwing this out there - off topic - but if anyone is going to live off campus and wants a roomie...pm me. I'll be moving in from KS. Don't know anyone I could live with. u can check my lsn for more about me - I have a girl roomie now, but lived with either...IDC. Easy-going. Just prefer clean communal spaces. If you do, too...maybe it could work out? I'm thinking Foggy Bottom/Dupont Circle/etc. Someplace safe.

I will likely need a roomie, but I am waiting a month or so to start looking, just in case I get in NYU or my gf finds a killer job in DC.
yeah Gtown isn't set in stone yet for me...but it would appear so. NYU reject, just waiting on CLS, and I don't have positive vibes. figured I'd put feelers out there...we'll see what happens.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”