Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
spaacecdt
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby spaacecdt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:58 am

calicocat wrote:Who gets invited to AOP?


This:

mbw wrote:
vexion wrote:So is this AOP by invitation-only? Cause I haven't been invited AFAIK.


It is by invite, but they won't send out info until late June or July. Last year, essentially anyone who wrote a diversity statement on their app was invited -- I'm not sure if they'll do it differently this year, because it ended up being half the class. It's not really a huge academic leg-up or anything -- but it does help to get acclimated to the school and area.


is from here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41118&start=1225


EDIT: How do I get invited to the Facebook group for the Class of 2013? Thanks!

night06
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby night06 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:46 am

spaacecdt wrote:
night06 wrote:So I've pretty clearly missed the deadline for the health forms. Does anyone know what exactly the "penalties" are? I've only been able to find it vaguely mentioned on Cornell's website.


The postmark deadline is June 14. But the penalties don't kick in until August 13. I called Gannett to ask them about their deadline and what it meant. I was told that Gannett needs to process and clear your medical info by August 13. If you have not been cleared by August 13 they will charge you $100. The woman I spoke with said they postmark deadline it on June 14 because they have to go through thousands of these (Grad, Undergrad, Law, Med, PostDoc, etc.) and clear everyone and it may take weeks.


Thanks for clearing that up. I'm much less worried now. I was afraid I'd be getting charged thousands for missing the postmark deadline. :lol:

User avatar
spaacecdt
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby spaacecdt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:04 am

night06 wrote:
spaacecdt wrote:
night06 wrote:So I've pretty clearly missed the deadline for the health forms. Does anyone know what exactly the "penalties" are? I've only been able to find it vaguely mentioned on Cornell's website.


The postmark deadline is June 14. But the penalties don't kick in until August 13. I called Gannett to ask them about their deadline and what it meant. I was told that Gannett needs to process and clear your medical info by August 13. If you have not been cleared by August 13 they will charge you $100. The woman I spoke with said they postmark deadline it on June 14 because they have to go through thousands of these (Grad, Undergrad, Law, Med, PostDoc, etc.) and clear everyone and it may take weeks.


Thanks for clearing that up. I'm much less worried now. I was afraid I'd be getting charged thousands for missing the postmark deadline. :lol:


Glad I could help! The woman did say that you should really, really try and get it in before late June. If you still feel worried about you can call Gannett. Here's the number for the requirements department: 607-255-5141. :)

User avatar
mec30
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby mec30 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:27 pm

spaacecdt wrote:
calicocat wrote:Who gets invited to AOP?


EDIT: How do I get invited to the Facebook group for the Class of 2013? Thanks!


I've been wondering about this too! I've been sitting in facebook purgatory for weeks. :(

To the person that asked, I got my netID email on June 12. I haven't recieved the letter, but I'm also living out in California.

Did anyone sign up for a gym pass? Is the climbing wall worth it? Also, is anyone else worried about not being able to see Harry Potter in IMAX 3D, lol.

AdamatUCF
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:34 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby AdamatUCF » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:00 pm

I just printed out my health forms, and my NetID is on it, even though I haven't gotten it by mail yet.

Score!

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby danidancer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:14 pm

What's the deal with our loans? I know what I'm eligible for, financial aid wise, but want to make sure I'm not missing any deadlines for actually applying for the stafford/grad plus loans I've been awarded. When do we do the Master Promissory Note, etc?

User avatar
spaacecdt
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby spaacecdt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:54 pm

danidancer wrote:What's the deal with our loans? I know what I'm eligible for, financial aid wise, but want to make sure I'm not missing any deadlines for actually applying for the stafford/grad plus loans I've been awarded. When do we do the Master Promissory Note, etc?


I was accepted off the waitlist so this may not apply. But, I emailed the finaid office about proper forms for loans, deadlines, etc. I was told last week that an email would be sent "in a few weeks". I took that to mean that no deadlines have passed. :)

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby danidancer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:06 pm

spaacecdt wrote:
danidancer wrote:What's the deal with our loans? I know what I'm eligible for, financial aid wise, but want to make sure I'm not missing any deadlines for actually applying for the stafford/grad plus loans I've been awarded. When do we do the Master Promissory Note, etc?


I was accepted off the waitlist so this may not apply. But, I emailed the finaid office about proper forms for loans, deadlines, etc. I was told last week that an email would be sent "in a few weeks". I took that to mean that no deadlines have passed. :)


Sweet! Just the answer I was hoping to hear. When were you admitted? I was admitted at the end of May from the reserve list as well.

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:16 pm

AdamatUCF wrote:I just printed out my health forms, and my NetID is on it, even though I haven't gotten it by mail yet.

Score!

Grr... I submitted mine well before the NetID email came through, and my NetID isn't on the online PDF of my health history form.

What format is it? Like (firsttwolettersoffirstname)(lastname)@cornell.edu, or something? Is your default password a random string or something definable? Maybe I can just keep guessing till I get it. :lol:

User avatar
spaacecdt
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby spaacecdt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:36 pm

danidancer wrote:
spaacecdt wrote:
danidancer wrote:What's the deal with our loans? I know what I'm eligible for, financial aid wise, but want to make sure I'm not missing any deadlines for actually applying for the stafford/grad plus loans I've been awarded. When do we do the Master Promissory Note, etc?


I was accepted off the waitlist so this may not apply. But, I emailed the finaid office about proper forms for loans, deadlines, etc. I was told last week that an email would be sent "in a few weeks". I took that to mean that no deadlines have passed. :)


Sweet! Just the answer I was hoping to hear. When were you admitted? I was admitted at the end of May from the reserve list as well.


End of May. I guess I meant to say Reseve but all these law schools have different words for law school limbo. :)

edit: danidancer, have you received any NetID info or been asked for your cell phone number by Cornell?

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby danidancer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:51 pm

spaacecdt wrote:
danidancer wrote:
spaacecdt wrote:
danidancer wrote:What's the deal with our loans? I know what I'm eligible for, financial aid wise, but want to make sure I'm not missing any deadlines for actually applying for the stafford/grad plus loans I've been awarded. When do we do the Master Promissory Note, etc?


I was accepted off the waitlist so this may not apply. But, I emailed the finaid office about proper forms for loans, deadlines, etc. I was told last week that an email would be sent "in a few weeks". I took that to mean that no deadlines have passed. :)


Sweet! Just the answer I was hoping to hear. When were you admitted? I was admitted at the end of May from the reserve list as well.


End of May. I guess I meant to say Reseve but all these law schools have different words for law school limbo. :)

edit: danidancer, have you received any NetID info or been asked for your cell phone number by Cornell?


I got the email saying they're sending out my NetID the other day. And I got another email I guess about a week or so ago asking me to sign onto the status checker and update my address. I don't think I've been asked to give them my cell phone number, but I might have just forgotten? Who knows anymore. In other news, I just sent off my health forms, and I'm pretty sure that's all that's due until July, so whee!

fkaKingsCollege
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:46 pm

vexion wrote:
AdamatUCF wrote:I just printed out my health forms, and my NetID is on it, even though I haven't gotten it by mail yet.

Score!

Grr... I submitted mine well before the NetID email came through, and my NetID isn't on the online PDF of my health history form.

What format is it? Like (firsttwolettersoffirstname)(lastname)@cornell.edu, or something? Is your default password a random string or something definable? Maybe I can just keep guessing till I get it. :lol:


If you got the email about the NetID activation being sent to you, then you're already in the system. You can search for yourself on Cornell's main website to get your NetID.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby danidancer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:06 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:
vexion wrote:
AdamatUCF wrote:I just printed out my health forms, and my NetID is on it, even though I haven't gotten it by mail yet.

Score!

Grr... I submitted mine well before the NetID email came through, and my NetID isn't on the online PDF of my health history form.

What format is it? Like (firsttwolettersoffirstname)(lastname)@cornell.edu, or something? Is your default password a random string or something definable? Maybe I can just keep guessing till I get it. :lol:


If you got the email about the NetID activation being sent to you, then you're already in the system. You can search for yourself on Cornell's main website to get your NetID.


Oooh! I'm there! I exist. Comically similar to my undergrad email, to the point that it's a good thing I'm not dyslexic.

So our official Cornell email will be NetID@cornell.edu? Or is it NetID@law.cornell.edu? Or something else?

AdamatUCF
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:34 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby AdamatUCF » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:58 pm

danidancer wrote:Oooh! I'm there! I exist. Comically similar to my undergrad email, to the point that it's a good thing I'm not dyslexic.

So our official Cornell email will be NetID@cornell.edu? Or is it NetID@law.cornell.edu? Or something else?



I found:
'EMAIL AND NETIDS

What is my email address?
Once you have a NetID and you have set a mail account using Who I Am, people can email you using the form NetID@cornell.edu. For example, if your NetID is ewe2, people can email you at ewe2@cornell.edu. This is how your electronic mail address is listed in the Cornell Electronic Directory.


on the page: http://www.cit.cornell.edu/services/net ... aq.cfm#how
with the words "who I am" pointing to http://whoiam.cornell.edu

Hope this helps!

User avatar
mec30
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby mec30 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Me too! In the college of "LA". I'm more excited than I should be.

AdamatUCF
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:34 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby AdamatUCF » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Damn, even though we can find our NetID, we can't do anything with it because it requires the Activation ID being sent by mail. :?

User avatar
afghan007
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby afghan007 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:16 pm

damn you activation code!

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 am

afghan007 wrote:damn you activation code!

+1.

hereforhelp
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby hereforhelp » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:39 am

Does anyone know if the dean's cert required for admitted students is the same form that Cornell has posted on its admissions website (--LinkRemoved--), or if it's a different form? I'm going to attend, but I haven't gotten all of the info from the school yet and tomorrow's the only day I can go to my school and request the dean's cert. I want to know if I can give my dean the posted form instead of having to wait for a response from Cornell.

Also, do you know where we are supposed to mail the form to? Is it the admissions office (Myron Taylor Hall)?

I'd really appreciate your help asap, as tomorrow is the most convenient time for me to request the dean's cert!!! Thanks!

User avatar
spaacecdt
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby spaacecdt » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:54 am

hereforhelp wrote:Does anyone know if the dean's cert required for admitted students is the same form that Cornell has posted on its admissions website (--LinkRemoved--), or if it's a different form? I'm going to attend, but I haven't gotten all of the info from the school yet and tomorrow's the only day I can go to my school and request the dean's cert. I want to know if I can give my dean the posted form instead of having to wait for a response from Cornell.

Also, do you know where we are supposed to mail the form to? Is it the admissions office (Myron Taylor Hall)?

I'd really appreciate your help asap, as tomorrow is the most convenient time for me to request the dean's cert!!! Thanks!


I emailed admissions asking them about the Dean's Certification. Admissions said this:

"The dean’s certification is required of all admitted students, so if you have not already made arrangements to get this to us, here is the link to the form:

http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/admiss ... erving.cfm You will find the form mid-way down the page."

The form says that it is required along with your school's certification. I sent a follow up email pretty much asking what would happen if my undergrad institution just sent the info without Cornell's form and was told that my undergrad's Dean Certification would be fine. I sent Cornell's sheet anyway and requested that my undergrad attach the Dean's Certification to it.

Hope that helps!

hereforhelp
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby hereforhelp » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:00 am

Hey thanks! I will request my dean fill out the form and send it to Cornell. Do you know if we send it to the Admissions Office at Myron Taylor Hall?

User avatar
spaacecdt
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby spaacecdt » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:03 am

hereforhelp wrote:Hey thanks! I will request my dean fill out the form and send it to Cornell. Do you know if we send it to the Admissions Office at Myron Taylor Hall?


I'm pretty sure. That's where I sent mine! I also think it says on the form itself where the Dean's Certification should be sent. :)

turkishangora
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby turkishangora » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:52 am

spaacecdt wrote:
hereforhelp wrote:Hey thanks! I will request my dean fill out the form and send it to Cornell. Do you know if we send it to the Admissions Office at Myron Taylor Hall?


I'm pretty sure. That's where I sent mine! I also think it says on the form itself where the Dean's Certification should be sent. :)



Did you get a 'received' email from Cornell after you mailed it? My UG mailed the stuff out 3 weeks ago but I haven't heard from Cornell...maybe it's time for another email.

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby acdisagod » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Just checked google maps, lots of golf courses within 20 minutes :D

cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby cicely101 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Just got my net id in the mail folks!!!!!




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest