Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
jks289

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jks289 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Still haven't gotten any deposit confirmation or additional enrollment information. Anyone else?

In other news: I finally found a place to live, got a warm North Face jacket at REI's anniversary sale, and am getting so excited to start!!

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:30 pm

jks289 wrote:Still haven't gotten any deposit confirmation or additional enrollment information. Anyone else?

In other news: I finally found a place to live, got a warm North Face jacket at REI's anniversary sale, and am getting so excited to start!!

i did get a deposit confirmation email. but no additional enrollment stuff either; no netID yet.

I got a north face from REI too!!! so excited for it to get here :D no on to backpack shopping....

vexion

Postby vexion » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:45 pm

No netID here either. Didn't even get a confirmation of the deposit but the check cleared, iirc. Or maybe I got a confirmation in the mail. Haven't been home.

Also, I've spent all my shopping time buying unnecessary gadgetry, like a second monitor after a series of long threads on this. I really should grab a new backpack, and one of those fancy down coats that are made of a bunch of cells...

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:51 pm

jks289 wrote:Still haven't gotten any deposit confirmation or additional enrollment information. Anyone else?

Oooh! Congrats. I'm making the jaunt up there to look at places this weekend. What neighborhood are you in?

AdamatUCF

Postby AdamatUCF » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Accepted via email wednesday, deposit sent via express mail (2-3 days) on Friday. I haven't heard anything yet, but I bet the holiday weekend slowed everything down.

I'm looking forward to getting my acceptance letter/package in the mail! Oh, and my NetID too.

Congrats on finding a place to live. Whereabouts was it, and did it cost an arm and a leg? I've barely begun to look :(

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:18 pm

danidancer wrote:

Oooh! Congrats. I'm making the jaunt up there to look at places this weekend. What neighborhood are you in?

Thanks! I am not sure what the neighborhood is. It is near the Gladwyne area but just on the other side of the inlet. I'll pm you details, since I don't want to post where I live online. :D

afghan007

Postby afghan007 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Some of the lag in notification may be due to the "business travel" that most of the admissions office is apparently on. I called today to schedule a tour of the law school, and the woman I spoke to mentioned this in passing. I haven't submitted my deposit yet, still waiting on financial aid info. Has anyone admitted off reserves received a detailed summary of their finances? How/When did it come?

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:25 pm

afghan007 wrote:Some of the lag in notification may be due to the "business travel" that most of the admissions office is apparently on. I called today to schedule a tour of the law school, and the woman I spoke to mentioned this in passing. I haven't submitted my deposit yet, still waiting on financial aid info. Has anyone admitted off reserves received a detailed summary of their finances? How/When did it come?

i'm sure all the financial aid notices are the same regardless of reserve. anyways mine came in the mail 2 weeks after i faxed them everything. it was a one page letter that really did not have that much detail (at least compared to other schools in my experience) - i.e. no break down of cost of living or types of loans, etc. nor was there a further instructions part. I'm assuming they'll email us soon?

on that note, did anyone get instructions of applying for loans yet?? and for people who 2nd deposited really early, what other packet of information do you get aside from newstudents.cornell.edu?

EDIT: Oh, and I would call them every other day since you're not depositing until you hear from financial aid.

Devila_C

Postby Devila_C » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:00 am

Has anyone started filling out the Health center's forms? They're supposedly due by 6/14? I haven't gotten on the website since I don't have my net ID yet. Wonder if this is really urgent or not since it seems like a PIA. :P

Babushka9

Postby Babushka9 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:10 am

I sent in my deposit last week and haven't heard anything back either. I just noticed that my status checker switched back to "complete" although the admitted student links are still below. Did this happen to anyone else?

legallybrunette16

Postby legallybrunette16 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:15 am

Devila_C wrote:Has anyone started filling out the Health center's forms? They're supposedly due by 6/14? I haven't gotten on the website since I don't have my net ID yet. Wonder if this is really urgent or not since it seems like a PIA. :P

I just sent mine in. I just got a physical and a TB shot. No big deal really. I'm living in Hughes next year so I didn't want to blow it off in case it impacted my living contract.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:19 am

Devila_C wrote:Has anyone started filling out the Health center's forms? They're supposedly due by 6/14? I haven't gotten on the website since I don't have my net ID yet. Wonder if this is really urgent or not since it seems like a PIA. :P

I already sent my in. Don't wait too much longer as it requires an actual physical also. And you dont need your netid to do the health paperwork

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:21 am

CyLaw wrote:

I already sent my in. Don't wait too much longer as it requires an actual physical also. And you dont need your netid to do the health paperwork

I've got my physical scheduled for June 8. SOOO looking forward to all the poking and prodding.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:23 am

danidancer wrote: SOOO looking forward to all the poking and prodding.

Saved for later blackmail use.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:26 am

CyLaw wrote:

Oy. Is that what I have to look forward to for the next 3 years? :D

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:28 am

danidancer wrote:
CyLaw wrote:

Oy. Is that what I have to look forward to for the next 3 years? :D

Only when i have been up late coding. My brain regresses to pre high school about then

extempore88

Postby extempore88 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:36 am

Last edited by extempore88 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

CCoolidge

Postby CCoolidge » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:41 am

I recall reading about a late fee but nothing too extreme.

Babushka9

Postby Babushka9 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:58 am

Hey everyone! I just called the admissions office and it sounds like their automated deposit confirmation email is not working...just in case someone else was also wondering why that haven't received confirmation yet

Big Tuna

Postby Big Tuna » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:55 am

Where are you finding these requirements such as health checkup form? I am not seeing anything about what we need to do on the admitted students page on their website...

EDIT: Never mind I found it:

https://newstudents.cornell.edu/grad/todolist/

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:57 am

Sup my future classmates, from tel aviv. Met some cornell undergrads at the beach. They were pretty cute so uh there is hope for us men. That is all

Ronaldo

Postby Ronaldo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:43 pm

You do not need your Net ID, you can log in with your email or create a login name, I don't remember exactly, but I filled the health forms without the net ID.

afghan007

Postby afghan007 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:22 pm

holybartender wrote:Sup my future classmates, from tel aviv. Met some cornell undergrads at the beach. They were pretty cute so uh there is hope for us men. That is all

hoorah!... hopefully they're not all mancs like you :lol:

legallybrunette16

Postby legallybrunette16 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:51 pm

just to spice things up...

At the 3rd ASW, when asked about the nightlife in Ithaca, one of the 3L's responded that there's typically a group of law students who party so much that they are virtually indistinguishable from the undergrads!

who thinks they'll be in this group? who thinks they'll be in the "I'm too mature for Collegetown" crowd?

I'm switching from a quarter system that ends in mid-June to a semester system that begins in mid-August. So personally, I can't see myself abandoning my undergrad tendencies a mere 2 months after graduation. Sorry in advance for all the debauchery! :D :D :D

vexion

Postby vexion » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:03 pm

legallybrunette16 wrote:just to spice things up...

At the 3rd ASW, when asked about the nightlife in Ithaca, one of the 3L's responded that there's typically a group of law students who party so much that they are virtually indistinguishable from the undergrads!

who thinks they'll be in this group? who thinks they'll be in the "I'm too mature for Collegetown" crowd?

I'm switching from a quarter system that ends in mid-June to a semester system that begins in mid-August. So personally, I can't see myself abandoning my undergrad tendencies a mere 2 months after graduation. Sorry in advance for all the debauchery! :D :D :D

For all interested parties, I already crunched the numbers on a pre-orientation trip to New York City. Instead of taking either of the bus lines, it would be a whole lot cheaper if anybody wanted to carpool... Four hour drive to the city, hotels are expensive (like $150/night,) but we could snag a room or two for a few nights, and just spend 72 hours (say the weekend of August 20th-22nd) soaking up the big city nightlife and hitting every bar we can.

You know, just sayin'...

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”