Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (2013)

Postby CyLaw » Thu May 06, 2010 3:56 pm

vexion wrote:Bee tee dub, for those of you who haven't waded through all 27 pages of this thread, CyLaw made a private "TLS Cornell Class of 2013 Facebook" group. It's where all the cool kids are.


Maybe we should put an announcement about it at the beginning of the thread. *cough,cough* *nudge,nudge* OP.

User avatar
Big Tuna
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (2013)

Postby Big Tuna » Fri May 07, 2010 9:59 am

CyLaw wrote:
holybartender wrote:I out of the blue went to the Cornell online store and saw that they're having a pretty big sale today only. Seems like almost everything (clothes wise) is 20% off.

http://www.store.cornell.edu/

Just saying.


Thanks for the heads up.


Maybe I'm just crazy but is anyone else bothered by how "Cornell" is so badly off-center?

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby MC Southstar » Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 am

Really guys? You're making fun of yourselves now?

Don't worry, they put up fencing to keep the inmates secure.

boss
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby boss » Fri May 07, 2010 11:17 am

Cornell doesn't need fences. You can run in any direction and you won't get anywhere. You'll be back. They always come back.

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Fri May 07, 2010 11:32 am

boss wrote:Cornell doesn't need fences. You can run in any direction and the hills are going to wear you down until you collapse from exhaustion.

FTFY.

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby holybartender » Fri May 07, 2010 12:29 pm

I guess it's more like a penal colony than an actual prison.

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby acdisagod » Fri May 07, 2010 12:56 pm

Though it may be a penal colony, I'm still excited. I already see myself starting a Cornell 1L taking questions thread by the end of Augusut lol.

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Fri May 07, 2010 1:05 pm

acdisagod wrote:Though it may be a penal colony, I'm still excited. I already see myself starting a Cornell 1L taking questions thread by the end of Augusut lol.

There's already a thread, and it just evolves each year instead of there being a new one...

User avatar
legallybrunette16
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby legallybrunette16 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:17 pm

i got my orientation packet yesterday! so much stuff to get done by the beginning of June... it's starting to feel super close :shock:

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby acdisagod » Fri May 07, 2010 1:30 pm

vexion wrote:
acdisagod wrote:Though it may be a penal colony, I'm still excited. I already see myself starting a Cornell 1L taking questions thread by the end of Augusut lol.

There's already a thread, and it just evolves each year instead of there being a new one...


I don't like the way that baby is looking at me

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby holybartender » Fri May 07, 2010 1:41 pm

legallybrunette16 wrote:i got my orientation packet yesterday! so much stuff to get done by the beginning of June... it's starting to feel super close :shock:


I don't get how you receive mail so much faster than I do on the west coast. Don't have the packet, and Georgetown sent something on like Friday and it still hasn't arrived.

User avatar
legallybrunette16
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby legallybrunette16 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:47 pm

holybartender wrote:
legallybrunette16 wrote:i got my orientation packet yesterday! so much stuff to get done by the beginning of June... it's starting to feel super close :shock:


I don't get how you receive mail so much faster than I do on the west coast. Don't have the packet, and Georgetown sent something on like Friday and it still hasn't arrived.


they must loveee me! :lol: :lol: :lol: but seriously... i don't know! I must have sent in my second deposit in before you!

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby holybartender » Fri May 07, 2010 1:48 pm

legallybrunette16 wrote:they must loveee me! :lol: :lol: :lol: but seriously... i don't know! I must have sent in my second deposit in before you!


Oh. Yeah, definitely haven't sent that in.

sjsteece
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby sjsteece » Fri May 07, 2010 2:27 pm

My mom just told me I got a packet too- she said it didn't have anything we didn't already know. Exciting that we'll be getting our IDs soon though.

User avatar
legallybrunette16
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby legallybrunette16 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:22 pm

sjsteece wrote:My mom just told me I got a packet too- she said it didn't have anything we didn't already know. Exciting that we'll be getting our IDs soon though.


so i'm assuming 1 of these 2 things has happened: 1) we didn't get the same package 2) you know a lottt more information than i did about finishing enrollment such as dates of when to fill out your shot records, filling out the disclosure statement, specific orientation information etc. etc. etc.

sjsteece
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby sjsteece » Fri May 07, 2010 3:48 pm

True, I've already been perusing the newstudents.cornell.edu site and I did get most of this information last year. Seems like this packet is just kind of a preview of all of the things we will need to do once we have our net IDs and a promise that we will be getting them soon.

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby acdisagod » Fri May 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Just checked out the website. We have to pay for gym membership... this is outrageous. What prison charges for gym use?

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby holybartender » Fri May 07, 2010 5:06 pm

acdisagod wrote:Just checked out the website. We have to pay for gym membership... this is outrageous. What prison charges for gym use?


Casanova had to pay for food when he was in jail in Spain. The guard ended up stealing all the money anyway.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Fri May 07, 2010 5:11 pm

acdisagod wrote:Just checked out the website. We have to pay for gym membership... this is outrageous. What prison charges for gym use?


I thought it was standard in prison to have to pay for your room and board and any services you use. Hence why prisoners work. The money goes towards their bills and then any surplus goes into an account for their use.

At least that was the impression I was under.

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby holybartender » Fri May 07, 2010 5:15 pm

CyLaw wrote:
acdisagod wrote:Just checked out the website. We have to pay for gym membership... this is outrageous. What prison charges for gym use?


I thought it was standard in prison to have to pay for your room and board and any services you use. Hence why prisoners work. The money goes towards their bills and then any surplus goes into an account for their use.

At least that was the impression I was under.


Wait are you being serious?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Fri May 07, 2010 5:19 pm

holybartender wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
acdisagod wrote:Just checked out the website. We have to pay for gym membership... this is outrageous. What prison charges for gym use?


I thought it was standard in prison to have to pay for your room and board and any services you use. Hence why prisoners work. The money goes towards their bills and then any surplus goes into an account for their use.

At least that was the impression I was under.


Wait are you being serious?


Yeah, I remember learning about this, that in some states (of course now can't remember which), that prisoners are charged for costs associated with their imprisonment (not full cost, partial). But then again, I could just be remembering a hypo from one of my classes. (F*cking exams ruining my mind).


Well. Off to go graduate.

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby holybartender » Fri May 07, 2010 5:21 pm

As far as I'm aware they're not paying anything, but can earn a great income of like $.10/hour making license plates or assorted stuff.

Congratulations on graduating btw.

edit- And to everyone else still in school.

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Fri May 07, 2010 5:25 pm

CyLaw wrote:Well. Off to go graduate.

Gunner.

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby acdisagod » Fri May 07, 2010 5:27 pm

holybartender wrote:As far as I'm aware they're not paying anything, but can earn a great income of like $.10/hour making license plates or assorted stuff.

Congratulations on graduating btw.

edit- And to everyone else still in school.


Yea, and were actually banned from working anyway lol.

Wow, people have graduated already? I'm glued to my computer studying for finals, I got another 10 days.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby calicocat » Fri May 07, 2010 6:10 pm

MC Southstar wrote:Really guys? You're making fun of yourselves now?

Don't worry, they put up fencing to keep the inmates secure.

This is now in your posts, enjoy. Diaf.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest