Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby cicely101 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:17 pm

CyLaw wrote:
cicely101 wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
cicely101 wrote:Also got my Hughes Hall room assignment this afternoon!!! So excited....am definitely living there next year!


Is there anyway to decipher the floor that the room is on.


Yeah, whatever number before the L is the floor number. If you don't have an L in your room assignment then it's just on the floor. Hughes has a weird floor plan.
I think it goes 1L, 2L, 1, 2. Don't quote me on this though! I'm going on what I observed while staying with my friend during ASW. I ironically know exactly which room I'll be in because my room is located in the same suite that my friend is currently in!


So G is ground? Mine starts with a G.


Yep, something like that. Like my room is on EDIT and when I was there visiting I would get off the elevator on the EDIT floor to get to my friend's suite.
Last edited by cicely101 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
legallybrunette16
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby legallybrunette16 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:17 pm

so i just logged on to the housing portal website and it says i'm HUGH EDIT... since i don't have the email i'm not sure what this means... anyone know what size room this is?
Last edited by legallybrunette16 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby cicely101 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 pm

legallybrunette16 wrote:so i just logged on to the housing portal website and it says i'm HUGH EDIT... since i don't have the email i'm not sure what this means... anyone know what size room this is?



We're in the same suite!!!!! Howdy suitemate!!!
Last edited by cicely101 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
legallybrunette16
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby legallybrunette16 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 pm

cicely101 wrote:
legallybrunette16 wrote:so i just logged on to the housing portal website and it says i'm HUGH EDIT... since i don't have the email i'm not sure what this means... anyone know what size room this is?



We're in the same suite!!!!! Howdy suitemate!!!



hey hey hey!!!!!! what size room do you have?!?!
Last edited by legallybrunette16 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby CyLaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:21 pm

cicely101 wrote:
legallybrunette16 wrote:so i just logged on to the housing portal website and it says i'm HUGH **EDIT**... since i don't have the email i'm not sure what this means... anyone know what size room this is?



We're in the same suite!!!!! Howdy suitemate!!!


You both should remove the room number from your post. Just bad practice to post your address on public forums.

cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby cicely101 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:22 pm

legallybrunette16 wrote:
cicely101 wrote:
legallybrunette16 wrote:so i just logged on to the housing portal website and it says i'm HUGH EDIT... since i don't have the email i'm not sure what this means... anyone know what size room this is?



We're in the same suite!!!!! Howdy suitemate!!!



hey hey hey!!!!!! what size room do you have?!?!



........................................
Last edited by cicely101 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby CyLaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:23 pm

legallybrunette16 wrote:so i just logged on to the housing portal website and it says i'm HUGH ****... since i don't have the email i'm not sure what this means... anyone know what size room this is?


It says in on the right side of the page. Also if you double the rate, you can determine the size based on the amount paid per year.

Edit: Under room type, the last part is the size.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby calicocat » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:29 pm

CyLaw wrote:So G is ground? Mine starts with a G.

Got mine, G too. Kinda worried about where that is. Anyone have any idea?

cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby cicely101 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:29 pm

CyLaw wrote:
cicely101 wrote:
legallybrunette16 wrote:so i just logged on to the housing portal website and it says i'm HUGH **EDIT**... since i don't have the email i'm not sure what this means... anyone know what size room this is?



We're in the same suite!!!!! Howdy suitemate!!!


You both should remove the room number from your post. Just bad practice to post your address on public forums.


Thanks for looking out!

User avatar
legallybrunette16
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby legallybrunette16 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:29 pm

cicely101 wrote:
legallybrunette16 wrote:
cicely101 wrote:
legallybrunette16 wrote:so i just logged on to the housing portal website and it says i'm HUGH EDIT... since i don't have the email i'm not sure what this means... anyone know what size room this is?



We're in the same suite!!!!! Howdy suitemate!!!



hey hey hey!!!!!! what size room do you have?!?!



XL, but I only know this because my friend's room was next door to my future room. I'm not sure what the sizes of all the rooms in that suite are. I can ask her. She's busy studying so it may be a couple of days before she responds though. :lol:



do you know how many rooms are in the suite?

also, thanks for the help! I have a large room!
Last edited by legallybrunette16 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby CyLaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:31 pm

cicely101 wrote:Thanks for looking out!


No problem. I want to practice digital rights and privacy so things like that set off bells in my head.

cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby cicely101 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:31 pm

do you know how many rooms are in the suite?

I think 4.
Last edited by cicely101 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:32 pm

CyLaw wrote:
cicely101 wrote:Thanks for looking out!


No problem. I want to practice digital rights and privacy so things like that set off bells in my head.


You must hate my username then :lol: I'll hire you as my lawyer when TLS posts come back to hurt me.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby CyLaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:49 pm

So I found where the floor plans are for Hughes Hall.
http://www.fs.cornell.edu/fs/facinfo/fs_facilInfo.cfm?facil_cd=3028

But they require a netid :(

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby calicocat » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:56 pm

CyLaw wrote:So I found where the floor plans are for Hughes Hall.
http://www.fs.cornell.edu/fs/facinfo/fs_facilInfo.cfm?facil_cd=3028

But they require a netid :(

OMG when do we get these?????

Are you scared about what ground floor means? haha

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby holybartender » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 pm

CyLaw wrote:So I found where the floor plans are for Hughes Hall.
http://www.fs.cornell.edu/fs/facinfo/fs_facilInfo.cfm?facil_cd=3028

But they require a netid :(


Haha thought you decided against Hughes?

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby acdisagod » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:14 pm

Mailed in seat deposit day before deadline and I have not received the housing form. Is it too late to apply for Hughes, do you think it's full?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby CyLaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:16 pm

calicocat wrote:
CyLaw wrote:So I found where the floor plans are for Hughes Hall.
http://www.fs.cornell.edu/fs/facinfo/fs_facilInfo.cfm?facil_cd=3028

But they require a netid :(

OMG when do we get these?????

Are you scared about what ground floor means? haha


Kinda. Mostly wanted to see the size of the room.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby CyLaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:18 pm

holybartender wrote:
CyLaw wrote:So I found where the floor plans are for Hughes Hall.
http://www.fs.cornell.edu/fs/facinfo/fs_facilInfo.cfm?facil_cd=3028

But they require a netid :(


Haha thought you decided against Hughes?


I know. I know. But my wife thinks it would help me socialize, that it is cheaper per month than the other places I have seen so far (much cheaper if you include if I can't sublet the apartment out in the summer), plus she reminded me that I had a lot more fun in the military when I was in the barracks than when I was in single housing.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:19 pm

CyLaw wrote:So I found where the floor plans are for Hughes Hall.
http://www.fs.cornell.edu/fs/facinfo/fs_facilInfo.cfm?facil_cd=3028

But they require a netid :(


Different than this?

Yes, different than this apparently.
Last edited by Jericwithers on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby vexion » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:22 pm

acdisagod wrote:Mailed in seat deposit day before deadline and I have not received the housing form. Is it too late to apply for Hughes, do you think it's full?
http://www.campuslife.cornell.edu/campuslife/housing/apply-for-housing.cfm

To apply online, click that second Click Here, 2/3 down the page. The one about new students without a netID.

As to whether or not it's full... I doubt it, only because the housing authorities at Cornell have historically said "pretty much everyone who applies gets a room."

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby holybartender » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:23 pm

CyLaw wrote:
holybartender wrote:
CyLaw wrote:So I found where the floor plans are for Hughes Hall.
http://www.fs.cornell.edu/fs/facinfo/fs_facilInfo.cfm?facil_cd=3028

But they require a netid :(


Haha thought you decided against Hughes?


I know. I know. But my wife thinks it would help me socialize, that it is cheaper per month than the other places I have seen so far (much cheaper if you include if I can't sublet the apartment out in the summer), plus she reminded me that I had a lot more fun in the military when I was in the barracks than when I was in single housing.


Meh, I think people are going to socialize fine given the small class size. And dollar beers at the big red barn. Probably mostly the latter.

Nothing wrong with Hughes, I just don't think I could manage a communal kitchen. I lived for a few years in a 3 bedroom house with 6 other guys.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby CyLaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
CyLaw wrote:So I found where the floor plans are for Hughes Hall.
http://www.fs.cornell.edu/fs/facinfo/fs_facilInfo.cfm?facil_cd=3028

But they require a netid :(


Different than this?
image


Yes. It should be the actual facilities floor plan that tells you where each room is. My current school has it and it is useful for finding where offices are in a building. Granted I have not seen it, but I am guessing since the site is run by facilities that it would have actual blueprint information.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby CyLaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:26 pm

holybartender wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
holybartender wrote:
CyLaw wrote:So I found where the floor plans are for Hughes Hall.
http://www.fs.cornell.edu/fs/facinfo/fs_facilInfo.cfm?facil_cd=3028

But they require a netid :(


Haha thought you decided against Hughes?


I know. I know. But my wife thinks it would help me socialize, that it is cheaper per month than the other places I have seen so far (much cheaper if you include if I can't sublet the apartment out in the summer), plus she reminded me that I had a lot more fun in the military when I was in the barracks than when I was in single housing.


Meh, I think people are going to socialize fine given the small class size. And dollar beers at the big red barn. Probably mostly the latter.

Nothing wrong with Hughes, I just don't think I could manage a communal kitchen. I lived for a few years in a 3 bedroom house with 6 other guys.


I agree about the kitchen, and that was what initially gave me such a bad reaction. But then I saw some of the kitchens for places to rent, and they were SOOO bad, even in pictures the management company sent me.

I then though about it and realized that most of my "cooking" actually involves just cutting things up from the fridge (Vegetarian FTW). As long as I have a mini fridge and a microwave, I probably only need to use the kitchen a couple of meals a week when I want to bake or stir fry something.

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby vexion » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:28 pm

Hey CyLaw, forgive my nosiness, but is your wife coming to Ithaca with you? If so, are you sharing a single in Hughes, or renting two places?




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest