Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:23 pm

calicocat wrote:lol Jericwithers way to out me for not being able to cook :P


I figured I was doing someone a favor, just incase you start looking for a roommate. :lol:

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby calicocat » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
calicocat wrote:lol Jericwithers way to out me for not being able to cook :P


I figured I was doing someone a favor, just incase you start looking for a roommate. :lol:

need a roommate?

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby holybartender » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:41 pm

For those of you going to the ASW coming up, are you looking for housing already?

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:23 pm

calicocat wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
calicocat wrote:lol Jericwithers way to out me for not being able to cook :P


I figured I was doing someone a favor, just incase you start looking for a roommate. :lol:

need a roommate?


Why yes I d--wait a minute! Almost got me. Better luck next time, ramen noodles.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby CyLaw » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 pm

calicocat wrote:lol Jericwithers way to out me for not being able to cook :P


Don't worry. I can't cook either, hence why my wife is pushing me towards spending 1L in Hughes.

I think 104West! is the nearest normal dining center from Hughes where you can use meal plans. This would be fine with me as I'm vegetarian anyways and that is where they do all the special meal requirements.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby calicocat » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
calicocat wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
calicocat wrote:lol Jericwithers way to out me for not being able to cook :P


I figured I was doing someone a favor, just incase you start looking for a roommate. :lol:

need a roommate?


Why yes I d--wait a minute! Almost got me. Better luck next time, ramen noodles.

hahahaha 175

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby dudester » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Where's my financial aid offer, Cornell? :roll:

Adrian_8am
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby Adrian_8am » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:01 pm

I called the office today, and they told me that I will receive the package "in the next few days"...

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Adrian_8am wrote:I called the office today, and they told me that I will receive the package "in the next few days"...


Financial Aid package? When did you get all your materials in?

amichig
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby amichig » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Adrian_8am wrote:I called the office today, and they told me that I will receive the package "in the next few days"...


I also called a few days ago and was told that I should expect to receive information next week and if not to call back. Very hopeful for some money, how is Cornell, generall, with need-based aid? Any knowledge out there?

Adrian_8am
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby Adrian_8am » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:02 pm

I submitted the financial application form, needaccess form, and my parents tax return around last Thursday/Friday...

They told me I just hear from them "in the next few days".

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Yay, money info from Cornell is the only thing holding me up form solidifying my choices.

secant
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby secant » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:18 pm

amichig wrote:
Adrian_8am wrote:I called the office today, and they told me that I will receive the package "in the next few days"...


I also called a few days ago and was told that I should expect to receive information next week and if not to call back. Very hopeful for some money, how is Cornell, generall, with need-based aid? Any knowledge out there?



According to the official ABA data roughly one-third of attending students receive grants (two-thirds of those for less than half tuition) with a median grant of $15k (per year I assume). I don't know how to estimate from this grant offers made to accepted students.

User avatar
KMaine
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby KMaine » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:21 pm

From what I remember from last year, Financial Aid was slow, but I ended up being really pleased with my offer. I know others were not so fortunate. It seems like a bit of a mixed bag. Not sure how much of my offer was need based and how much was merit based, as they did not break it down for me. Good luck y'all.

Adrian_8am
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby Adrian_8am » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Guys, a quick question...

I am probably paying tuition and board with loans (Hopefully I will get some merit or need based aid to reduce the debt)...

I already made my first deposit...

I have never taken out loans, are they very easy to acquire?

I have good credit...
Just want to know the loan process...

When will I know for sure I will recieve stafford and Gradplus loans?
I want to know in order to be able to withdraw from the other acceptances...

Thanks!

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby holybartender » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:43 pm

I am likely not going to qualify for any need based grants, and as a splitter I probably won't get any merit. My parents are contributing nothing, so I'm looking down the barrel of $200k. Oy.

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby dudester » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Adrian_8am wrote:Guys, a quick question...

I am probably paying tuition and board with loans (Hopefully I will get some merit or need based aid to reduce the debt)...

I already made my first deposit...

I have never taken out loans, are they very easy to acquire?

I have good credit...
Just want to know the loan process...

When will I know for sure I will recieve stafford and Gradplus loans?
I want to know in order to be able to withdraw from the other acceptances...

Thanks!


Yes, signing your life away is surprisingly easy. The schools do most of the legwork for you.
Last edited by dudester on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian_8am
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby Adrian_8am » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Yes, signing your life away is surprisingly easy. The schools does most of the legwork for you.[/quote]

Haha Thanks...

Yeah, I guess you are right, but hope it pays off ;)

User avatar
KMaine
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby KMaine » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:37 pm

Adrian_8am wrote:Guys, a quick question...

I am probably paying tuition and board with loans (Hopefully I will get some merit or need based aid to reduce the debt)...

I already made my first deposit...

I have never taken out loans, are they very easy to acquire?

I have good credit...
Just want to know the loan process...

When will I know for sure I will recieve stafford and Gradplus loans?
I want to know in order to be able to withdraw from the other acceptances...

Thanks!


Not sure exactly when the loans come out BUT, with good credit (or even with bad credit and no major credit problems) you will not have any issue getting federal loans up to the cost of attendance (Tuition + school's estimated living expenses). See you on campus next year!

cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby cicely101 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:34 am

I've made my mind up, I'm going to Cornell!!! Can't wait to meet all of you next year!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
KMaine
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby KMaine » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:35 am

cicely101 wrote:I've made my mind up, I'm going to Cornell!!! Can't wait to meet all of you next year!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:


Congratulations on your decision. I really like it here, I hope you will too!

sjsteece
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby sjsteece » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:29 pm

cicely101 wrote:I've made my mind up, I'm going to Cornell!!! Can't wait to meet all of you next year!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:



Yay! Now we can start an official "attending" list. I'm so excited to have some company!

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby calicocat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:56 pm

sjsteece wrote:
cicely101 wrote:I've made my mind up, I'm going to Cornell!!! Can't wait to meet all of you next year!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:



Yay! Now we can start an official "attending" list. I'm so excited to have some company!

I'm going for sure too guys, can I join?

cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby cicely101 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:46 pm

calicocat wrote:
sjsteece wrote:
cicely101 wrote:I've made my mind up, I'm going to Cornell!!! Can't wait to meet all of you next year!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:



Yay! Now we can start an official "attending" list. I'm so excited to have some company!

I'm going for sure too guys, can I join?



Of course...the more the merrier!!!!! Welcome!

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Cornell 2013

Postby dudester » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 pm

cicely101 wrote:
calicocat wrote:
sjsteece wrote:
cicely101 wrote:I've made my mind up, I'm going to Cornell!!! Can't wait to meet all of you next year!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:



Yay! Now we can start an official "attending" list. I'm so excited to have some company!

I'm going for sure too guys, can I join?



Of course...the more the merrier!!!!! Welcome!


I'm taking over this club. I demand to see self-tars before approving membership requests.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest