Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
panda
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby panda » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:39 pm

cake, are you in ith?

cicely101
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby cicely101 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:51 pm

jks289 wrote:
cicely101 wrote:Coming to Ithaca manana! This is becoming sooo real! AHHHHH

BTW: Can someone post the official Cornell homepage here.

Please and thanks!
c101


I know! This time next week we'll be in classes and missing the summer. Not sure what you mean by the Cornell homepage.
http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/ is the law school site.
If you're looking for your class info etc http://blackboard.cornell.edu/



Thanks! What's the website where you can sign into your Cornell email addy?

User avatar
let/them/eat/cake
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby let/them/eat/cake » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:52 pm

panda wrote:cake, are you in ith?


And at midnight tomorrow there shall be a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

That is to say, I get in tomorrow evening, and i'll be going out shortly thereafter.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:54 pm

cicely101 wrote:
jks289 wrote:
cicely101 wrote:Coming to Ithaca manana! This is becoming sooo real! AHHHHH

BTW: Can someone post the official Cornell homepage here.

Please and thanks!
c101


I know! This time next week we'll be in classes and missing the summer. Not sure what you mean by the Cornell homepage.
http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/ is the law school site.
If you're looking for your class info etc http://blackboard.cornell.edu/



Thanks! What's the website where you can sign into your Cornell email addy?


http://cmail.cornell.edu

User avatar
spaacecdt
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby spaacecdt » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Anyone here have BofA and expecting a disbursement? I got the Cornell email saying funds have been disbursed but by BofA account isn't showing anything pending. Should I be worried?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:25 pm

spaacecdt wrote:Anyone here have BofA and expecting a disbursement? I got the Cornell email saying funds have been disbursed but by BofA account isn't showing anything pending. Should I be worried?


Different bank, but same thing. Don't worry about it until a couple days have past.

User avatar
spaacecdt
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby spaacecdt » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:35 pm

CyLaw wrote:
spaacecdt wrote:Anyone here have BofA and expecting a disbursement? I got the Cornell email saying funds have been disbursed but by BofA account isn't showing anything pending. Should I be worried?


Different bank, but same thing. Don't worry about it until a couple days have past.


Excellent. Thanks!

User avatar
violinst
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby violinst » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:36 pm

I am in section A.

Jenaimarre
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Jenaimarre » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Any one who is town is welcome to join the AOP students and others at Pixel at 9.

User avatar
goodliuchuan
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:41 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby goodliuchuan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:39 pm

jks289 wrote:
goodliuchuan wrote:ok..for those who have already ordered your books on Amazon, did you pay tax on those textbooks? I was just told that NYS exempts sale tax on textbooks, but clearly Amazon does really care. I paid 8% sale tax on every single book I ordered through Amazon, and is now talking to their Customer Service trying to get my money back.


I paid sales tax on all book through Amazon. I ordered from California, but had the billed and shipped in NY. Let us know if they give you your money back.


For those who ordered textbook on Amazon, and were charged sales tax, here is what you could do to get your sales tax money back:

In order to process your sales tax refund, the state of New York requires the purchaser to provide the following documents to the seller:
— An official school ID from the purchase.
— Either a completed New York textbook exemption certificate (downloaded at: http://www.tax.state.ny.us/pdf/1998/fil ... ill_in.pdf) or a printed list (issued by the school) that specifically denotes the book purchased (you can download this from the bookstore's website).

You can fax this to Amazon at (206) 266-2005 or include it as an e-mail attachment to tax-exempt@amazon.com. Please also include your order number and e-mail address and mark your fax "Attn: Tax Exempt."

I already got emails saying the money is being refunded to me.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jks289 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:45 pm

goodliuchuan wrote:
jks289 wrote:
goodliuchuan wrote:ok..for those who have already ordered your books on Amazon, did you pay tax on those textbooks? I was just told that NYS exempts sale tax on textbooks, but clearly Amazon does really care. I paid 8% sale tax on every single book I ordered through Amazon, and is now talking to their Customer Service trying to get my money back.


I paid sales tax on all book through Amazon. I ordered from California, but had the billed and shipped in NY. Let us know if they give you your money back.


For those who ordered textbook on Amazon, and were charged sales tax, here is what you could do to get your sales tax money back:

In order to process your sales tax refund, the state of New York requires the purchaser to provide the following documents to the seller:
— An official school ID from the purchase.
— Either a completed New York textbook exemption certificate (downloaded at: http://www.tax.state.ny.us/pdf/1998/fil ... ill_in.pdf) or a printed list (issued by the school) that specifically denotes the book purchased (you can download this from the bookstore's website).

You can fax this to Amazon at (206) 266-2005 or include it as an e-mail attachment to tax-exempt@amazon.com. Please also include your order number and e-mail address and mark your fax "Attn: Tax Exempt."

I already got emails saying the money is being refunded to me.


That's awesome. Thanks!

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:53 pm

goodliuchuan wrote:— An official school ID from the purchase.


Thanks for the info. Here did you mean ID card, or Student ID Number? We won't get ID cards until orientation, so I was wondering if I would have to wait until then.

Thanks again.

User avatar
goodliuchuan
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:41 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby goodliuchuan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:21 pm

CyLaw wrote:
goodliuchuan wrote:— An official school ID from the purchase.


Thanks for the info. Here did you mean ID card, or Student ID Number? We won't get ID cards until orientation, so I was wondering if I would have to wait until then.

Thanks again.


I think they meant a photocopy of your student ID card.

User avatar
violinst
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby violinst » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm

goodliuchuan wrote:
jks289 wrote:
goodliuchuan wrote:ok..for those who have already ordered your books on Amazon, did you pay tax on those textbooks? I was just told that NYS exempts sale tax on textbooks, but clearly Amazon does really care. I paid 8% sale tax on every single book I ordered through Amazon, and is now talking to their Customer Service trying to get my money back.


I paid sales tax on all book through Amazon. I ordered from California, but had the billed and shipped in NY. Let us know if they give you your money back.


For those who ordered textbook on Amazon, and were charged sales tax, here is what you could do to get your sales tax money back:

In order to process your sales tax refund, the state of New York requires the purchaser to provide the following documents to the seller:
— An official school ID from the purchase.
— Either a completed New York textbook exemption certificate (downloaded at: http://www.tax.state.ny.us/pdf/1998/fil ... ill_in.pdf) or a printed list (issued by the school) that specifically denotes the book purchased (you can download this from the bookstore's website).

You can fax this to Amazon at (206) 266-2005 or include it as an e-mail attachment to tax-exempt@amazon.com. Please also include your order number and e-mail address and mark your fax "Attn: Tax Exempt."

I already got emails saying the money is being refunded to me.


Thanks! Good to see you here.

jms116
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jms116 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:14 pm

hey guys,

just finishing up moving in here. My girlfriend and I were wondering if anyone would want to go get some drinks tonight. Let me know

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:45 pm

So! The New York trip is good to go. I've reserved a room for two nights, tomorrow (8/20) and Saturday (8/21) at the Millennium Broadway Hotel at Times Square. For both nights, after taxes and fees, it's $342.10. Really cheap for such a nice hotel. Right now we have a small contingent of people going, but, the more the merrier. We leave at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon. PM me if you're game.

User avatar
legallybrunette16
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby legallybrunette16 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:50 am

in less than 24 hours, I will be in route. OMG. OMG. OMG.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:43 am

legallybrunette16 wrote:in less than 24 hours, I will be in route. OMG. OMG. OMG.


+1. I cant beleive i only have 24 more hours to spend with my wife before i leave.
:(

alexyoshi
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby alexyoshi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:03 am

safe travels, all!

i'm personally enjoying the last couple of days of peace before the reading kicks into a higher gear.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jks289 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:48 pm

CyLaw wrote:
legallybrunette16 wrote:in less than 24 hours, I will be in route. OMG. OMG. OMG.


+1. I cant beleive i only have 24 more hours to spend with my wife before i leave.
:(


I leave at midnight tonight, and no matter how excited I am to start, nothing is worse than getting on a plane to be away from my husband for a long time. :(

We can be sad marrieds together CyLaw.

Schatzy185
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Schatzy185 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Looks like the assignment issue of Scoops is up!

--LinkRemoved--

-Enjoy!

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby calicocat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Can I move into Hughes at any time tomorrow?

I won't be in ithaca till like 7 or 8

fkaKingsCollege
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:28 pm

calicocat wrote:Can I move into Hughes at any time tomorrow?

I won't be in ithaca till like 7 or 8


You can move in starting 9am tomorrow. I got the number of the GCA on-call in case they close up check-in. (I'm arriving around 7-8pm too.) I'll pm you the number.

yanks008
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby yanks008 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:10 pm

fkaKingsCollege wrote:
calicocat wrote:Can I move into Hughes at any time tomorrow?

I won't be in ithaca till like 7 or 8


You can move in starting 9am tomorrow. I got the number of the GCA on-call in case they close up check-in. (I'm arriving around 7-8pm too.) I'll pm you the number.


Any idea where we go once we get there for our keys and such?

fkaKingsCollege
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:13 pm

yanks008 wrote:
fkaKingsCollege wrote:
calicocat wrote:Can I move into Hughes at any time tomorrow?

I won't be in ithaca till like 7 or 8


You can move in starting 9am tomorrow. I got the number of the GCA on-call in case they close up check-in. (I'm arriving around 7-8pm too.) I'll pm you the number.


Any idea where we go once we get there for our keys and such?


The Housing site says that undergrads check-in at the service center for their dorm. I assume this is the same for us. There's a service center in Hughes.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest