Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
jms116
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jms116 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:04 pm

calico, would you mind PMing me the info on Section F?

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby calicocat » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:11 pm

jms116 wrote:calico, would you mind PMing me the info on Section F?

PMd you everything.

I think we need to add people to the fbook group, not everyone seems to be a part of it.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:40 pm

calicocat wrote:
jms116 wrote:calico, would you mind PMing me the info on Section F?

PMd you everything.

I think we need to add people to the fbook group, not everyone seems to be a part of it.


For those not aware:

We have a facebook group for sharing sensitive data, such as where people live or what their names are. It is a "secret" group, so you will not find it on any search of facebook. If you pm myself, sjsteece, or holybartender with your email address that you use for facebook we can sent you up with an invite.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:41 pm

calicocat wrote:Thanks Cy, I predict people using you for information but shunning you socially.

<3


You mean like a lawyer. :)

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby calicocat » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:42 pm

CyLaw wrote:
calicocat wrote:Thanks Cy, I predict people using you for information but shunning you socially.

<3


You mean like a lawyer. :)

Bunch of the books on amazon aren't available till after classes start :?

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby flyingpanda » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:43 pm

calicocat wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
calicocat wrote:Thanks Cy, I predict people using you for information but shunning you socially.

<3


You mean like a lawyer. :)

Bunch of the books on amazon aren't available till after classes start :?


Buy your books from the store, then return them after your amazon books come. Come on Cornell!

mstich
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:51 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby mstich » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Section B here.

Buy your books from the store, then return them after your amazon books come. Come on Cornell!


This doesn't always work. My undergrad would shrink wrap books and then once opened you cannot return them.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby calicocat » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:42 pm

mstich wrote:Section B here.

Buy your books from the store, then return them after your amazon books come. Come on Cornell!


This doesn't always work. My undergrad would shrink wrap books and then once opened you cannot return them.

He's going to UVA, disregard him.

User avatar
mec30
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby mec30 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:17 pm

mstich wrote:Section B here.

Buy your books from the store, then return them after your amazon books come. Come on Cornell!


This doesn't always work. My undergrad would shrink wrap books and then once opened you cannot return them.


Wow that sucks. They didn't do that at Cal.

pinkhearts
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby pinkhearts » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:52 am

calicocat wrote:
jms116 wrote:calico, would you mind PMing me the info on Section F?

PMd you everything.

I think we need to add people to the fbook group, not everyone seems to be a part of it.


is there sweet stuff about the section I need to know bb? Is it better to communicate here or on the fb? I want to hear it!

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby calicocat » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:52 am

pinkhearts wrote:
calicocat wrote:
jms116 wrote:calico, would you mind PMing me the info on Section F?

PMd you everything.

I think we need to add people to the fbook group, not everyone seems to be a part of it.


is there sweet stuff about the section I need to know bb? Is it better to communicate here or on the fb? I want to hear it!

Sent

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:22 am

Course schedules are up on the official site now. (In addition to being on blackboard as before)

User avatar
extempore88
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby extempore88 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:40 am

.
Last edited by extempore88 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
afghan007
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby afghan007 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:43 am

Rossi with the additional classes on Thursday and Friday night ftw

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:46 am

extempore88 wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Course schedules are up on the official site now. (In addition to being on blackboard as before)


Do you mean that they are on on the Student Center page? I didn't see them listed there...


No. Sorry, meant on https://support.law.cornell.edu/students

User avatar
extempore88
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby extempore88 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:51 am

.
Last edited by extempore88 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

sjsteece
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby sjsteece » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:52 am

Locker assignments are up too! I'm way too excited about having a locker again.

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:14 pm

sjsteece wrote:Locker assignments are up too! I'm way too excited about having a locker again.

Where exactly do you all find this stuff?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:27 pm

vexion wrote:
sjsteece wrote:Locker assignments are up too! I'm way too excited about having a locker again.

Where exactly do you all find this stuff?


Go to https://support.law.cornell.edu/students then click on My Information -> My Locker Information

CCoolidge
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CCoolidge » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:42 pm

This thread would be lost without cylaw

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jks289 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:12 pm

CCoolidge wrote:This thread would be lost without cylaw


Without CyLaw we would all just be wandering aimlessly around the commons come August 23rd.

Devila_C
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 5:57 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Devila_C » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:35 pm

I might be missing something here, but are there specific instructions in the various packets that tell us to buy books etc? Any 2Ls have advice on where/how to get these books?

I'm guessing we have some pre-class reading assignments. Any idea when we get those assignments?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jks289 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Devila_C wrote:I might be missing something here, but are there specific instructions in the various packets that tell us to buy books etc? Any 2Ls have advice on where/how to get these books?

I'm guessing we have some pre-class reading assignments. Any idea when we get those assignments?


I think we are just supposed to figure out we need the books. I hadn't really thought about it until I saw everyone else was getting them early. The book list is posted on the registrars site. You can look for books on amazon, half.com, and there is a book sale once we get there.

The only class assignment I have (section A) so far is in Torts, and it is posted in Blackboard under the Assignments section.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:07 pm

jks289 wrote:
CCoolidge wrote:This thread would be lost without cylaw


Without CyLaw we would all just be wandering aimlessly around the commons come August 23rd.


All part of my grand plan to have people reliant on me for information, then come exam time I can start to slowly slip out misinformation regarding the exams. :)

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:46 pm

CyLaw wrote:All part of my grand plan to have people reliant on me for information, then come exam time I can start to slowly slip out misinformation regarding the exams. :)

I knew we should be wary of the guy with the intelligence background.

Devila_C wrote:I'm guessing we have some pre-class reading assignments. Any idea when we get those assignments?

http://blackboard.cornell.edu. If you have any assignments, there will be a notification on the front page.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests