Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Big Tuna wrote:maybe you are in the undergrad section of the site and you should be in the grad student section?

Image

Thanks for the help!

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:59 pm

I also haven't done the Student ID Card Request... which was due July 12th. Whoopsie.

So how awesome a picture should I take?

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby holybartender » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:20 pm

vexion wrote:I also haven't done the Student ID Card Request... which was due July 12th. Whoopsie.

So how awesome a picture should I take?


Oh, shit. Neither have I. Don't they take a photo when we get there?

alexyoshi
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby alexyoshi » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:21 pm

holybartender wrote:
vexion wrote:I also haven't done the Student ID Card Request... which was due July 12th. Whoopsie.

So how awesome a picture should I take?


Oh, shit. Neither have I. Don't they take a photo when we get there?


yeah, at orientation

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Should we still fill the form out?

User avatar
Big Tuna
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Big Tuna » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:03 pm

if you have a photo already, go for it, otherwise you may as well wait til orientation.

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Let me find my biggest novelty hat.

User avatar
Ostrizr316
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Ostrizr316 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:37 am

Is anyone else still not seeing 'Anticipated Aid' on their Net.Pay bill? On net.pay i have more than $17k due on the 7th with no expected aid, but on studentcenter.cornell.edu I have the full $27k due with my loans showing up. Is anyone else seeing this?

User avatar
Big Tuna
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Big Tuna » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:43 am

Ostrizr316 wrote:Is anyone else still not seeing 'Anticipated Aid' on their Net.Pay bill? On net.pay i have more than $17k due on the 7th with no expected aid, but on studentcenter.cornell.edu I have the full $27k due with my loans showing up. Is anyone else seeing this?

I have the same thing, net.pay doesn't show my aid as cancelling out the bill.

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:18 am

I found my orientation packet. Apparently it went to my brother's address in a different state, and he never bothered to tell me about it. One of the addresses on file for me in Cornell's database is still his. Does anyone still have the envelope that the packet came in handy, so I can try calling them and getting all their mailing info changed over?

Thanks!

User avatar
Big Tuna
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Big Tuna » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:20 am

vexion wrote:I found my orientation packet. Apparently it went to my brother's address in a different state, and he never bothered to tell me about it. One of the addresses on file for me in Cornell's database is still his. Does anyone still have the envelope that the packet came in handy, so I can try calling them and getting all their mailing info changed over?

Thanks!

What are you asking for? You can go to studentcenter.cornell.edu to update your addresses and such.

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:21 am

Yeah, I have... a while ago. what I'm asking for is the return address. Sorry. Vague.

AFAIK, the admissions office has my current (valid) address on file, because I get all their correspondence here. Ditto the university system itself (through the Student Center) and the Bursar's Office. I'm trying to figure out which Cornell or Law School department has the wrong address on file.

User avatar
Big Tuna
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Big Tuna » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:24 am

vexion wrote:Yeah, I have... a while ago. what I'm asking for is the return address. Sorry. Vague.

AFAIK, the admissions office has my current (valid) address on file, because I get all their correspondence here. Ditto the university system itself (through the Student Center) and the Bursar's Office. I'm trying to figure out which Cornell or Law School department has the wrong address on file.

You would probably get the fastest results by calling the law school; here is the phone #: 1-607-255-5141

User avatar
afghan007
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby afghan007 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:48 am

Big Tuna wrote:
Ostrizr316 wrote:Is anyone else still not seeing 'Anticipated Aid' on their Net.Pay bill? On net.pay i have more than $17k due on the 7th with no expected aid, but on studentcenter.cornell.edu I have the full $27k due with my loans showing up. Is anyone else seeing this?

I have the same thing, net.pay doesn't show my aid as cancelling out the bill.


The net.pay updates once a month, and is due to change this month on the 13th according to the bursar. The Student Center always has the most up to date information. My net.pay shows a charge due instead of a refund amount due to me, but I was told by the bursar that I owed nothing by the 7th. How this systemically delayed net.pay thing allows us to pay/receive correct amounts escapes me.

Indubitably
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Indubitably » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:05 am

.
Last edited by Indubitably on Sat May 28, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Oberlion
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Oberlion » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:06 pm

1Ls can disregard the add/drop e-mail, right?

Just checking.

User avatar
sheltron5000
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby sheltron5000 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Oberlion wrote:1Ls can disregard the add/drop e-mail, right?

Just checking.


yup.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby calicocat » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:13 pm

When do we know what casebooks we need and when are people getting them?

sjsteece
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby sjsteece » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:27 pm

Class schedules should be listed August 9th. Then we'll know what section we're in and you can figure out what to books to buy by comparing it to the reading list. I think that's the day blackboard should be updated as well.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby calicocat » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:34 pm

sjsteece wrote:Class schedules should be listed August 9th. Then we'll know what section we're in and you can figure out what to books to buy by comparing it to the reading list. I think that's the day blackboard should be updated as well.

Thanks :D

fsohn
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby fsohn » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Indubitably wrote:
Ronaldo wrote:Are there any 2L's or 3L's out there that could tell us what are the recommended hornbooks for each
Class?

Hornbooks are a fantastic way to get a B+ in a course. I recommend not using any if you're shooting for the top of the class.


True for some, not true for others. I hate to say it, but the only real advice that exists for law school is "do what works for you."

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby holybartender » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:07 pm

What on earth is black board?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jks289 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:10 pm

holybartender wrote:What on earth is black board?


We used it in undergrad. It's an online system with class schedules, posted materials from professors, discussion forums, and places to submit work, grades etc. Some teachers barely used it, others did 100% through it. How heavily is it used at Cornell?

User avatar
como
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby como » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:17 pm

jks289 wrote:
holybartender wrote:What on earth is black board?


We used it in undergrad. It's an online system with class schedules, posted materials from professors, discussion forums, and places to submit work, grades etc. Some teachers barely used it, others did 100% through it. How heavily is it used at Cornell?


I think every professor I had used it to some extent, usually to post announcements or an electronic copy of the syllabus. It's used pretty heavily for lawyering class, since you submit your assignments through it. The writing competition for the journals also uses blackboard.

User avatar
mec30
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby mec30 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:19 pm

como wrote:
jks289 wrote:
holybartender wrote:What on earth is black board?


We used it in undergrad. It's an online system with class schedules, posted materials from professors, discussion forums, and places to submit work, grades etc. Some teachers barely used it, others did 100% through it. How heavily is it used at Cornell?


I think every professor I had used it to some extent, usually to post announcements or an electronic copy of the syllabus. It's used pretty heavily for lawyering class, since you submit your assignments through it. The writing competition for the journals also uses blackboard.


Booo




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest