Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby calicocat » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:13 pm

holybartender wrote:
calicocat wrote:
holybartender wrote:Woah, are most of you planning on going home? I thought I'd be staying.

Im stayin for sure, we can just sit and drink our pain away?


It's a whole week of guilt free drinking with no studying to do.

If we're not passed out at the end of the night, we've failed.

User avatar
Big Tuna
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Big Tuna » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:16 pm

calicocat wrote:
holybartender wrote:
calicocat wrote:
holybartender wrote:Woah, are most of you planning on going home? I thought I'd be staying.

Im stayin for sure, we can just sit and drink our pain away?


It's a whole week of guilt free drinking with no studying to do.

If we're not passed out at the end of the night, we've failed.

That shouldn't be a problem

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby holybartender » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:23 pm

calicocat wrote:
holybartender wrote:
calicocat wrote:
holybartender wrote:Woah, are most of you planning on going home? I thought I'd be staying.

Im stayin for sure, we can just sit and drink our pain away?


It's a whole week of guilt free drinking with no studying to do.

If we're not passed out at the end of the night, we've failed.


Will it be snowing by then?

User avatar
afghan007
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby afghan007 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:31 pm

holybartender wrote:
Will it be snowing by then?


nahh.. snow usually hits around thanksgiving

alexyoshi
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby alexyoshi » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:35 pm

holybartender wrote:Will it be snowing by then?


my favorite was the freak buffalo snow/icestorm on october 12th, about four years ago. destroyed SO many trees...

User avatar
Big Tuna
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Big Tuna » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:38 pm

alexyoshi wrote:
holybartender wrote:Will it be snowing by then?


my favorite was the freak buffalo snow/icestorm on october 12th, about four years ago. destroyed SO many trees...

Yeah I was supposed to be driving across 90 that day from the midwest to new england, had to reroute across southern NY

alexyoshi
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby alexyoshi » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:41 pm

i was trying to leave town, so i called the cops to see which roads were closed.

me: "i know the 90's closed, but is 33 open?"
cop: "sir, there's a driving ban."
me: "right... but is the 33 open?"
cop: "what part about 'there's a driving ban' don't you understand?!"
me: "i'll try the 33."

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:18 pm

Does anyone own a steam cleaner? :D I was all excited about being a social butterfly and hosting something or other at my apartment, but the place has wall-to-wall, brand new white carpets. The landlord is super strict (kind of a dick...) and asks me to take my shoes off whenever I'm inside. So now I'm paranoid about spilling things.

Oh well. No hooch then.

User avatar
mbw
Posts: 343
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby mbw » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:29 pm

vexion wrote:Does anyone own a steam cleaner? :D I was all excited about being a social butterfly and hosting something or other at my apartment, but the place has wall-to-wall, brand new white carpets. The landlord is super strict (kind of a dick...) and asks me to take my shoes off whenever I'm inside. So now I'm paranoid about spilling things.

Oh well. No hooch then.


Home Depot rents steamers...

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby holybartender » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:36 pm

vexion wrote:Does anyone own a steam cleaner? :D I was all excited about being a social butterfly and hosting something or other at my apartment, but the place has wall-to-wall, brand new white carpets. The landlord is super strict (kind of a dick...) and asks me to take my shoes off whenever I'm inside. So now I'm paranoid about spilling things.

Oh well. No hooch then.


So... we can't use your place to make the moonshine?

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby vexion » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:33 pm

holybartender wrote:So... we can't use your place to make the moonshine?

Never said that. I'm from Kentucky, I'll bring the still.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby calicocat » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:07 pm

vexion wrote:
holybartender wrote:So... we can't use your place to make the moonshine?

Never said that. I'm from Kentucky, I'll bring the still.

:lol: this seems like a cool group

User avatar
holybartender
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby holybartender » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:55 am

calicocat wrote:
vexion wrote:
holybartender wrote:So... we can't use your place to make the moonshine?

Never said that. I'm from Kentucky, I'll bring the still.

:lol: this seems like a cool group


I hear our debts get discharged if we get permanently and entirely disabled by an exploding still. Win/win?

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby calicocat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:28 pm

holybartender wrote:
calicocat wrote:
vexion wrote:
holybartender wrote:So... we can't use your place to make the moonshine?

Never said that. I'm from Kentucky, I'll bring the still.

:lol: this seems like a cool group


I hear our debts get discharged if we get permanently and entirely disabled by an exploding still. Win/win?

Ridiculously no risk situation

User avatar
Big Tuna
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Big Tuna » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:04 am

any update on the 1L fantasy football league?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jks289 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:09 am

This is going to out me if the administration reads TLS, but I had an appointment the other day to go over some financial aid, etc. The people in admissions and financial aid were just awesome. They sat down with me, went over every single possible option and were so helpful and patient. If you guys have any problems/questions/concerns do not hesitate to go in to talk.

User avatar
Big Tuna
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Big Tuna » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:11 am

jks289 wrote:This is going to out me if the administration reads TLS, but I had an appointment the other day to go over some financial aid, etc. The people in admissions and financial aid were just awesome. They sat down with me, went over every single possible option and were so helpful and patient. If you guys have any problems/questions/concerns do not hesitate to go in to talk.

That is great to hear! :)

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Lincoln » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:43 am

Has anyone gotten their class schedule? I got the orientation package, but not really any other information.

I feel like I've forgotten to send in some essential piece of paperwork and when I show up they'll just tell me "we didn't think you were going to attend, since you didn't send in form 4(a)(ii)(k), so there's no space for you in this class."

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:47 am

Lincoln wrote:Has anyone gotten their class schedule? I got the orientation package, but not really any other information.

I feel like I've forgotten to send in some essential piece of paperwork and when I show up they'll just tell me "we didn't think you were going to attend, since you didn't send in form 4(a)(ii)(k), so there's no space for you in this class."


Class Schedules will not be available until around August 9th.

https://support.law.cornell.edu/students/students/New-CLS-Students.cfm

Edit: Note, I forget where I got that URL, but it was not on any forms or papers from Cornell. So if you did not know about it, don't worry.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jks289 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:55 am

CyLaw wrote:
Lincoln wrote:Has anyone gotten their class schedule? I got the orientation package, but not really any other information.

I feel like I've forgotten to send in some essential piece of paperwork and when I show up they'll just tell me "we didn't think you were going to attend, since you didn't send in form 4(a)(ii)(k), so there's no space for you in this class."


Class Schedules will not be available until around August 9th.

https://support.law.cornell.edu/students/students/New-CLS-Students.cfm

Edit: Note, I forget where I got that URL, but it was not on any forms or papers from Cornell. So if you did not know about it, don't worry.


Will we know our sections before orientation?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby CyLaw » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:57 am

jks289 wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
Lincoln wrote:Has anyone gotten their class schedule? I got the orientation package, but not really any other information.

I feel like I've forgotten to send in some essential piece of paperwork and when I show up they'll just tell me "we didn't think you were going to attend, since you didn't send in form 4(a)(ii)(k), so there's no space for you in this class."


Class Schedules will not be available until around August 9th.

https://support.law.cornell.edu/students/students/New-CLS-Students.cfm

Edit: Note, I forget where I got that URL, but it was not on any forms or papers from Cornell. So if you did not know about it, don't worry.


Will we know our sections before orientation?


August 9th. When we get the schedule, then we cross reference the schedule to the class listings and that will give you the section.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jks289 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:11 pm

CyLaw wrote:
jks289 wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
Lincoln wrote:Has anyone gotten their class schedule? I got the orientation package, but not really any other information.

I feel like I've forgotten to send in some essential piece of paperwork and when I show up they'll just tell me "we didn't think you were going to attend, since you didn't send in form 4(a)(ii)(k), so there's no space for you in this class."


Class Schedules will not be available until around August 9th.

https://support.law.cornell.edu/students/students/New-CLS-Students.cfm

Edit: Note, I forget where I got that URL, but it was not on any forms or papers from Cornell. So if you did not know about it, don't worry.


Will we know our sections before orientation?


August 9th. When we get the schedule, then we cross reference the schedule to the class listings and that will give you the section.


CyLaw, you are more on top of it than any person I know.

alexyoshi
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby alexyoshi » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:37 pm

anyone dropping the $102 on the elective tuition refund plan?

coverage does NOT include: war or act of war, declared or undeclared; participation in a riot; terrorism; nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation OR radioactive contamination... lol

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby jks289 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:49 pm

alexyoshi wrote:anyone dropping the $102 on the elective tuition refund plan?

coverage does NOT include: war or act of war, declared or undeclared; participation in a riot; terrorism; nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation OR radioactive contamination... lol


I'm going to do it. People get sick and in accidents all the time. $100 bucks is nothing compared to what you are insuring. It will be tough to cut down on my riot participation though...

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Postby Lincoln » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:10 pm

alexyoshi wrote:anyone dropping the $102 on the elective tuition refund plan?

coverage does NOT include: war or act of war, declared or undeclared; participation in a riot; terrorism; nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation OR radioactive contamination... lol



I can't remember seeing this anywhere in the paperwork I got. Can you point me in the right direction?




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest